We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Kingnicky1's top and bottom 25 countdowns.

kingnicky1

[1]Jun 4, 2014
    • level: 13

Thought I might as well. (This will be done the same way RWF did it when he used to come here).

Top 25: SpongeGuard On Duty.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSy6hYEKOHf7QBa4R12HRh96BPBSuP4iwY46OrdTfjC9rdmWokwcuQUvg

Highlights: Absolutely a hilarious episode! The idea of SpongeBob wanting to become a lifeguard, yet can't swim, is just an absolutely funny concept, and there were lots of funny moments (Okay, I think you get it.)

Lowlights: While the drowning scene was great, it did drag for a little longer than necessary.

Bottom 25: Enemy-In-Law.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRu_QKjaSMev8c6ouxHBdZHcj2Lr5PD2W8Cq3zKPCbhe10FfX1MvuVIxg

Highlights: not really any, although I guess the beginning was kind of funny?

Lowlights: As you can probably tell from my highlight description, I think this has to be one of the most DULL episodes ever! minus that one TINY chuckle, I don't think I laughed once. Plus, the plot was SO stupid! Plankton dating Mr. Krabs' Mom? what made the writers think that would be cool? Terrible.

The next top entry ought to be controversial, as my next favorite......... Is a Post-Movie episode.

Edited on 06/05/2014 8:38am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kingnicky1

[2]Jun 4, 2014

Post-Movie Haters, get ready to duck and cover! (Oh, and due to limited space, I won't show the pictures anymore.

Top 24: Roller Cowards

Highlights: Awesome! this episode was a classic! the fact that SpongeBob and Patrick are so wimpy to the point where they go on a kiddy ride, is just Great humor! Also, the Ice Cream gag was phoneminal. Yes, the Post-Movie era may be crap, but it still has a few gems.

Lowlights: I can't really think of any at the moment. The commercial was a little short and kinda boring, but I can'thate the episodeforthe Fist O Pain commercial.

Bottom 24: Gift Of Gum

Highlights: "I'M FREE! SUGAR FREE!" that quote singlehandedly kept this episode from becoming higher on the list.

Lowlights: First of all, the plot is dumb. Patrick gives SpongeBob a giant gumball on best friend's day and he wants to get rid of it? what? Also, just like the previous one, there really wasn't anything to laugh at other than that quote. And, Dear Gosh, GUMMY! he was just so gross! not to mention that Patrick eats it in the end.

Well, the Top will be back to Pre-Movie episodes after this, but unfortunately, the riot won't end YET. there is a Pre-Movie episode in the BOTTOM section too. (Also the only Pre-Movie episode on the list, just so you know.)

Edited on 06/04/2014 6:51pm

kingnicky1

[3]Jun 5, 2014

I'll do 3 top and bottom entries today.

Top 23: Opposite Day

Highlights: This episode is just amazing! One of the funniest episodes on the show, and after 2 rather meh-ish episodes (Nature Pants and Squeaky Boots), we get this very funny and genius episode! "I'm Squidward, You're Squidward, He's Squidward, We're all Squidward!" might be my 2nd favorite line in this whole show! I'm dead serious!

Lowlights: None here.

And now, the controversial part.

Bottom 23: Jellyfish Hunter

Ok folks, I swear this will be the only Pre-Movie episode on here.

Highlights: Um, Not any here, although I guess SpongeBob naming the Jellyfish "No Name" was a little clever

Lowlights: First of all, The "Hey All You People" Song MIGHT be the worst Pre-Movie song. I simply don't believe it was clever, and a little stupid at that. But, what drags this episode to an all-time low is this: Mr. Krabs is such a JERK here! he keeps pushing SpongeBob to collect more Blue Jellyfish, and he dosen't even apologize to him after they sting him. Like PieGuy said, this episode gave birth to the modern image of Krabs, who will also have two other jerk-ish episodes on here that will not be mentioned.

kingnicky1

[4]Jun 5, 2014

Top 22: MM and BB IV

Highlights: The plot, although slightly dumb, is hilarious! (How many times have I said that)? Anyway, the Wumbology study is probably, like Pieguy's, My favorite Patrick moment ever! It's so genius and funny! It's amazing. Plue, Plankton at the end being bigger than everyone else always makes me crack-up!

Lowlights: The organs part was slightly gross. It wasn't enough to bring the episode lower though.

Bottom 22: A Day Without Tears

Highlights: Not here.

Lowlights: This is just annoying! This is perhaps the slightly less ear damage version of a certain episode that, right now, shall not mentioned. He cries over the most dumb things ever!! such as a shirt ripping. Plus, this episode has one of the most poorly executed plots out of any episode. There's nothing funny in this episode, and the sappy jokes just get so TIRING after a while.

Ok, one more episode in the controversy bin in the bottom next entry, and then the rest of the list should be smooth from there.

kingnicky1

[5]Jun 5, 2014

Last 2 for today.

Top 21: Nasty Patty

Highlights: Yet another great from season 3. The dark concept was awesome, and "We're in the clear!" is probably my favorite Mr. Krabs line

Lowlights: Nope.

This bottom entry will start a riot, I can guarantee it.

Bottom 21: Wishing. You. Well. (Yes, you have read me correct).

Highlights: Not many. I guess the scene where Squidward got hit by a bus was funny and annoying at the same time (Does that count?)

Lowlights: This is easily, the most OVERRATED episode EVER! Mr. Krabs was such a jerk here, making spongebob go down all the way in the well just to collect change and not even caring about the wishes that the people made. Also, the ending was too predictable it didn't make me laugh. The song was the worst part, so annoying, and the squidward abuse also went too far here (IMO). Just a very overrated and terrible episode.

kingnicky1

[6]Jun 6, 2014

This is probably the only episodes paired back to back you'll see on this countdown...........

Top 20: Idiot Box

Highlights: Some of the best quotes are in this episode! 'IMAGGINATION" Never fails to get a laugh out of me. Plus, Squidward so concerened of what SpongeBob and Pat are doing in the box is just some classic stuff. It deserves to be here.

Lowlights: The ending. Why does Squidward always solely seem to get treated unfair? Luckily, the rest of the episode is so funny it made up for it, but this did drag it from becoming higher.

Bottom 20: Funny Pants

By this point, you notice that there's a lot of S4 episodes on this list, and while the season is garbage, I think it is better than 5 and onward. Just that the episodes that were bad, are EXTREMELY BAD! Anyway, on to the good part.

Highlights: "Another Day Another Nickel!" It was lame and cheesy, but for some reason makes me laugh, don't know why.

Lowlights: This episode, just like it's cousin A Day Without Tears, is SO ANNOYING!, but even more so here. Not only is it constant laughing, but it's constant crying as well. DOUBLE ANNOYANCE! And, THAT IS POSSIBLY THE SECOND WORST ENDING EVER! Once Hillenburg gets back, hopefully he'll look at these episodes and think "WTH was I thinking retiring" (I'll go into this later on.

Also, due to my schedule lacking, I won't do anymore until Sunday. I'll make it up to you though by doing 4.

kingnicky1

[7]Jun 8, 2014

Top 19: Imitation Krabs

Highlights: Great. This one really is Funny and nice to watch. The scenes where SpongeBob delays the Krabby Patty making are some of my favorite scenes in the whole show, and are way better than the ones in a certain other episode which we shall not mention.

Lowlights: While Mr. Krabs chasing the coin down the street was funny, I have a feelingit gave writers ideas for the future unlikeable Krabs we know today.

Bottom 19: Best Day Ever

Highlights: Maybe a TINY bit underrated, considering that most people seem to hate it for "OMG Nickelodeon hyped up a 24-hour marathon for THIS?" Which is a really stupid reason to hate an episode in my opinion.

Lowlights: Slightly Underrated? Yes. Good though? NO WAY!!!!!!!. First of all, the Song is pathetic. "Mr. Sun came up and he smiled at me" is possibly the 3rd worst song lyric I've ever heard, and I know it's a kid's show, But COME ON!!! That's the best opening they could come up with?. Also, why the hell do we have to care that SpongeBob can't do the things he does EVERY DAY? and the jokes are so pathetic, a 6 year old could come up with them. EXTREMLY horrible episode that has a poor excuse for a song and a premise that ruins it.

Going to do 4 tomorrow, so get ready!

kingnicky1

[8]Jun 9, 2014

1st of 4 for today.

Top 18: Artist Unknown

Highlights: Well, I would tell you why myself, but I think Wumbo's post described it best, so I'll quote his.

"Because it was hilarious! "I gotta sniff the marble!" is one of my favourite lines in SpongeBob history." - Wumbology

Lowlights: Pure Gold, so None.

Bottom 18: Pat No Pay

Highlights: It was only a short, so I guess that saved me some time, though I'm not sure if that counts.

Lowlights: "Oh look, let's see how far we can drag Patrick's stupidity into an episode." And they did, because they know kids these days, at least the ones who watch new SpongeBob, will fall for anything. (DISCLAIMER: I'm NOT saying kids are stupid. In fact, I'm still KIND of a kid myself. I'm 14. I'm just saying that they might not understand the situation). Also, nothing happened in this episode beyond that. Just lame Patrick joke after lame Patrick joke.

kingnicky1

[9]Jun 9, 2014

NOTE: After this post, I'll drop the highlights part for the bottom section, because every episode from here on out in there is god awful.

Top 17: MM and BB 5

Highlights: Best MM and BB episode ever! The superhero sequences were epic, The pipsqueak patty joke never fails to make me laugh, and overall, the episode is riddled with classic jokes.

Lowlights: The ending was a little weird, but no big deal. It still dosen't deplete what GREAT This episode had.

Bottom 17: Cephalopod Lodge

Highlights: None.

Lowlights: Holy Hell! What is this? this has to be one of the most stupid and horrible episodes ever. Squidward gets unfairly abused, like usual, and the pattycake reference was stupid. The sock to get Squidward back into the lodge was not funny, NOTHING in this episode works! Just 11 minutes of Squidward getting Mauled (Uh-Oh, did I just hint at an upcoming episode on the top list?)

So yeah, after this, say goodbye to the Highlights and Lowlights part on the Bottom, every episode from here on out is a travesty.

kingnicky1

[10]Jun 9, 2014

I'll drop it for the top too after this post. All the episodes left are amazing.

Also, it was difficult to choose between 16 and 15. But in the end................................................

Top 16: Krusty Towers (Ok Post-Movie haters, last episode from the era on here.)

Highlights: What isn't a highlight? This whole episode was hilarious, from Patrick's cheesy room to the pool scene. Also, it has possibly the most creative plot out of all the episodes this era. Absolutely Phonomenial.

Lowlights: ..........

Bottom 16: Good Ol' Whatshisname

Why?: IT WASN'T FUNNY! Just a pointless short with lame puns and more Squid abuse. These are getting old.

kingnicky1

[11]Jun 9, 2014

Last 2 for today.

Top 15: Krusty Krab Training Video

Why?: This has to be the 3rd most hilarious episode I've seen! the hoopla joke is funny and very meme-worthy, And I like "POOP?" just an all around hilarious episode with good jokes and a fun plot.

Bottom 15: Cent of Money

Why?: Because it was another jerk Krabs episode, only worse! This episode takes his greediness to an all-time low. He was so mean to gary, and SpongeBob was an idiot to think that Krabs would actually take care of him. Horrible episode.

kingnicky1

[12]Jun 10, 2014

Top 14: Big Pink Loser

Why?: Patrick stupidity at its best. The jar sequence always makes me ROFL, Patrick impersonating SpongeBob is funny, not annyoying, and I always smile at the end when Pat gets the trophy. Great episode with good gags and some of Patrick's best moments.

Bottom 14: Waiting

Why?: Do I really even need to say more than this?: PURE FILLER, NOTHING HAPPENS!

kingnicky1

[13]Jun 10, 2014

Alright, now with 13, we're getting into my absolute favorite and least favorites now.

Top 13: Algae's Always Greener

Why?: With no questions asked. this is EASILY the best Season premiere ever. "Just look at his daughter, she's as big as a whale!", "Rolling Stone Gathers No Algae", and "Good Greif, He's Naked!" are some of the best lines in the whole series. The episode also further develops Plankton as a character, rather than just being that villian who steals the forumla. This episode is absolute treasure, and it's odd to see it not higher. But it's not, cause the other 12 managed to be even better.

Bottom 13: Penny Foolish

Why?: Just like Cent of Money, this episode pushes Mr. Krabs's greediness WAY too far! the whole episode is wasted by him searching for the Penny, and the jokes, which are very few, Are NOT FUNNY! Oh Paul, what have you done to this once decent character?

I'm only doing 1 tomorrow, but then on Thursday, You'll see FIVE!, so stay tuned!.

Edited on 06/10/2014 2:19pm

kingnicky1

[14]Jun 12, 2014

Well, since my schedule won't work out the way I planned, I'll go ahead and quickly post one. (NOTE: I'm sorry if this post feels a bit rushed, but I have to leave in like 10 minutes.)

Top 12: SB-129 (Best Season 1 Episode)

Why?: Do I even have to say anymore than this?: "FUUUTURRRRE!"

Bottom 12: Rule of Dumb

Why?: It should be called "Patrick acts like a jerkwad for 11 minutes"- Wumbo. That's all he was, and it WASN'T FUNNY!

I promjse I'll make it up by doing like 6 on Saturday, and we'll finish on Tuesday.

kingnicky1

[15]Jun 14, 2014

Last entry before we get to the absolute best and worst episodes.

Top 11: Snowball Effect

Why?: It was one of 3 episodes on this list that had me laughing throughout. I liked the scene where Patrick got a bunch of snowballs from SpongeBob stuck in his mouth, LOL! and Squidward was at his third best. "I changed my mind, it's for adults too". Just a brilliant episode with tons and tons of memorable quotes.

Bottom 11: Yours, Mine and Mine

Why?: Remember how I commented on how Patrick was a huge douche in Rule of Dumb? Well, this episode just BLASTS it into ULTIMATE Overdrive! Patrick could not even share the toy with SpongeBob for ONE SECOND? wow. But that's not all, it goes on FOREVER and then he eats the toy? YOU SEE WHAT I'M SAYING? Patrick, you'll never ever be the same! (Oh wait, maybe he will be after a certain Stephen comes back after the movie..........)

Before I start announcing the Top and Bottom 10, let me just say that Yours,Mine and Mine was VERY close to being #10 on the worst list, and while I did decide which episode would get which spot, this and the next one are pretty much equal to me in terms of badness.

kingnicky1

[16]Jun 14, 2014

Sorry for double-posting, but I'm trying to get as many as I can done today.

Alright, this post marks the beginning of the absolute Best of the Best, and Worst of the Worst.

Top 10: Dying For Pie

Why?: This is the second of 3 episodes that kept me laughing the whole way through. I love this episode WAY too much, and I wanted to put it even higher, but unfortunately, 9 episodes stood out even more to me. "GARY! You are gonna finish your dessert, and you are gonna LIKE It!" might just be my favorite quote of the series! and the activites that Squid and SpongeBob do together before SB supposedly "Blows up" are just priceless! and the plot was fantastic, I adore this episode so much, and it really deserves to be in the top 10.

Bottom 10: Battle of Bikini Bottom

Why?: Gross humor to the ricking max! I seriously came SO close to barfing in this episode! it was awful. Patrick picking his nose is the WORST close-up of this whole show! and the battle went on so long, It got incredibly stale. I guess these stupid writers thought "Hey, let's make an entire episode dedicated to Patrick grossing us out, we know it's garbage, but we're so rich, so let's do it anyway!". And they did. Oh but trust me............. #8's even worse (SPOILER ALERT!)

kingnicky1

[17]Jun 14, 2014

Top 9: Squid's Day Off

Why?: This episode is the perfect example of a creepy episode done right. The "Have you finished those errands" gag is my FAVORITE gag in the whole show. Plus, unlike Gullible Pants which didn't make the list but is still a bad episode, the way Mr. Krabs got injured from money was FUNNY. The realization that Squidward can't take a day off cause of his worries of SB are hilarious and extremely fun to watch. The end was good too.

Bottom 9: SquidBob TentaclePants (Readers' initial reaction: BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Why?: This episode suffers from Great plot, HORRID execution! I remember the night I first watched this episode. My thoughts before I watched it were (Wow, 2 opposites getting fused together? I just CAN'T miss that!) Looking back, I wish I did. First of all, this was, IMO, The most BORING episode ever! there was not even a part, honestly, where I even felt a teeny chuckle. The episode was so boring, I thought I would die of boredorm. And before you say "Just because it's boring does not make it bad),3 problems there: 1. It was not the only reason 2. It's a COMEDIC show, it needs at least ONE funny part! and 3. The concept was gold, but the writers made it crap. The worst part, UGH! that disgusting ending! Come on! don't we already have enough gruesome scenes? Why take it overboard? That ending pushed this episode from the top 20 to the top 10. It's THAT bad! bottom line: Dull and out of field episode that does not deserve as much praise as it gets.

kingnicky1

[18]Jun 14, 2014

Top 8: SB Meets the Strangler

Why?: This episode has some of the best quotes. Such as "Did somebody say party"?. And the end scene is actually my 3rd favorite ending ever! Unfortunately, I think it gave writers the idea for Good Ol Whatshisname, but I've already talked about that one, so we'll not dive in to it. Great episode with funny lines and A nice finale for the series.

Bottom 8: Fungus Among Us

Fun Fact: This is my friend's most hated episode.

Why?: The ultimate gross-out. Every second of this episode is wasted by a gross-out joke. It's not funny, ya feel bad for SB when he's in the air bubble, the people are HUGE jerks, and the part where Gary ate all of the "ick" was the most revolting moment in the show's history. Overall, this is a God-awful episode with no jokes, and revolting scenes. No wonder why it's so hated. I agree. Unfortunately, 7 episodes were still worse.

kingnicky1

[19]Jun 14, 2014

The top entry will have a very short description, because I have a lot to rant about the bottom one..........

Top 7: Can You Spare a Dime?

Why?: Hilarious, not a single frame is wasted. an overlooked great episode with good gags and alot thaf happens in 11 minutes.

Bottom 7: The Splinter

Why?: I have a lot to say about this one. After 2010 for watever reason, somehow now everybody likes this episode and defends it to the ground. Wumbo, I have to say, good job, apparently, because it was u who argued about the hate and not someone like SOF, you can change everyone's opinons except for a few (NOTE: if your reading this, I'm not intending to insult you, in fact, it's meant to be a compliment.) Anyway, I'm not one of them, as you can tell by my ranking. This episode is, and always will be, a disgrace to SB. Now, I'm sure you're all tired of people complaining about the gross factor, So I'll leave it out in my review, and look at everything else. Firstly, this has to be the worst plot in SB's history. It's lame, and it's badly executed. Plus, a whole minute or 2 of the episode is wasted by SB trying to pull the Damn splinter. It's not funny, and it's filler. Also, the ending was stupid. The writers were probably thinking "Hey, we can't make an episode without Squid abuse, so let's make him abuse himself at work". And they did it, because they think that Squid Abuse is what makes a good episode. Dear writers: either try something else, or just stop the show!

Whew, that was a mouthful. But I got it out of the way. The next post will be fun, though.

kingnicky1

[20]Jun 14, 2014

Alright, last entry today.

Top 6: Camping Episode

Why?: Well, what can I say about this one that's different than everyone else's description? This is another episode that has recieved a new life after like 5-6 years of being named the best episode ever. Now people are describing it as one of the worst Pre-Movie eppies. I'll never understand why it happened. This is just a phoneminal episode! The Campfire Song Song was brilliant, the Sea Bear sequence is one of my favorites ever, and it's Squidward abuse done right, unlike the following bottom entry, and a few other eppies left.

Bottom 6: Boating Buddies

Why?: As I said in the top, this is a Squid abuse episode done completely WRONG! But before we talk about..... THAT, let's get into one thing. First of all, this is the only episode I can recall where the summary is a complete LIE! He dosen't have to attend Boating School for speeding, he has to do it for running a stop sign. Why did the writers - OH WAIT! I forgot! they're the same idiots who gave us a 24 hour marathon for Best Day Ever, Lied about AS and TOS, and false advertised Clash of Triton (Gosh, there will be a LOT of honorable bad episodes). So of course they would do this. And then, don't even get me started on SB's creepy face, that is so creepy, and odd, it's NOT FUNNY! easily the worst thing, but of course, there's the Squid Abuse, and dear god, did they take it too far! from the beginning all the way to the end, nothing good happens to him. He gets forced to Boating School, gets beaten up TWICE, SB annoys him, and then he fails the test. Oh Squidward, why do they hate you so? I never ever want to see this again............... EVER!