We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

"It's a SpongeBob Christmas!" Episode Discussion

tigerdude22

[1]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 43

POST HERE for your opinions on the clay-mation and stop-motion Christmas special of everyone's favorite yellow sponge with guest star John Goodman as Santa Claus

I'm gonna wait til' Nickelodeon's premiere to watch this Christmas special so I'll come back to post my opinion. In the meantime, if you've already seen it, share your opinion whether you saw it on CBS or Nickelodeon.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tigerdude22

[2]Dec 6, 2012

I LOVE this special I thought they have done a very good job with the clay-mation. It looks so amazing. The Patchy were pretty good but not as good as the SpongeBob story though. It was funny and John Goodman did an amazing job voicing Santa Claus. It was so creative and so wonderful and I LOVED the musical numbers. Only nit-pick would be that the special ended a bit too quickly. 10 out of 10

Edited on 12/06/2012 5:35pm

BrookeParker

[3]Dec 6, 2012
    • level: 12
    I didn't know John Goodman was the voice of Santa! :O The special was nice/decent. Plankton probably feels bad WAAAAY deep down about what he did wrong. Squidward was wrong, and Mr. Krabs saying about getting when giving was also wrong. I feel like it could've been a BIT better, but like I mentioned in the beginning, it was nice/decent. I've seen the show in claymation during it's 10th anniversary special, of course, so I wasn't really surprised about it being like that. There were other things I thought about as well. I also figured there might already be a topic for it.

tigerdude22

[4]Dec 6, 2012
    BrookeParker wrote:
    I didn't know John Goodman was the voice of Santa! :O The special was nice/decent. Plankton probably feels bad WAAAAY deep down about what he did wrong. Squidward was wrong, and Mr. Krabs saying about getting when giving was also wrong. I feel like it could've been a BIT better, but like I mentioned in the beginning, it was nice/decent. I've seen the show in claymation during it's 10th anniversary special, of course, so I wasn't really surprised about it being like that. There were other things I thought about as well. I also figured there might already be a topic for it.
    Thanks for sharing your opinion and and I know it's not the first time they use clay-mation but it's first clay-mation episode to be used fully and not for a theme song (Truth or Square) or an abominable creature (Frozen Face-Off). And now you know it's John Goodman haha

Ayranci

[5]Dec 7, 2012
    • level: 17

I really liked everything inthis episode, except the clay-mation and stop-motion but i don't care. The funniest part of thisspecial is Patrick'strap for Santa and thesongs of this episode was really great (especially Don't Be a Jerk song).Hey look, a COOKIE!!!Awesome Christmas special. Also i liked Regular Show's"The Christmas Special" episode. 10/10

tigerdude22

[6]Dec 7, 2012
    Ayranci wrote:

I really liked everything inthis episode, except the clay-mation and stop-motion but i don't care. The funniest part of thisspecial is Patrick'strap for Santa and thesongs of this episode was really great (especially Don't Be a Jerk song).Hey look, a COOKIE!!!Awesome Christmas special. Also i liked Regular Show's"The Christmas Special" episode. 10/10

I'm sorry you didn't like the clay-mation. I LOVED it and i loved that they tried something different even though you took more work for the creators. I LOVED the Christmas Regular Show special as well and I read your review for it

Ayranci

[8]Dec 8, 2012
    • level: 17

I didn't like the clay-mation but i really enjoyed that episode so much and that was the greatest idea for season 8. Also i liked Regular Show Christmas Special and season 4 premire episodes of Phineas and Ferb (You can see my reviews about season 4 premire episodes of PnF). I was really angry when there was no new "Gravity Falls" episode in November and December but It's a SpongeBob Christmas, Regular Show Christmas special and season 4 premire of Phineas and Ferb cheered me up.

Edited on 12/08/2012 10:36am

tigerdude22

[9]Dec 8, 2012
    Ayranci wrote:

I didn't like the clay-mation but i really enjoyed that episode so much and that was the greatest idea for season 8. Also i liked Regular Show Christmas Special and season 4 premire episodes of Phineas and Ferb (You can see my reviews about season 4 premire episodes of PnF). I was really angry when there was no new "Gravity Falls" episode in November and December but It's a SpongeBob Christmas, Regular Show Christmas special and season 4 premire of Phineas and Ferb cheered me up.

Yeah there hasn't been a new Gravity Falls in a while. I don't review the new Phineas and Ferb episodes anymore because I've been getting lazy reviewing. The only shows I've been reviewing now are just SpongeBob, Regular Show, and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. I saw the Season 4 Premiere and they were both boring and mediocre in my opinion but I did LOVE the musical number at the end of the episode "Happy New Year" though. I'm those following specials cheered you up

spongegirl1029

[10]Dec 8, 2012
    • level: 16

Yeah the special was so awesomeSmile

tigerdude22

[11]Dec 9, 2012
    spongegirl1029 wrote:

Yeah the special was so awesomeSmile

It sure was