We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Is spongebob getting better or is it bad again?

Thunder

[1]Jan 25, 2013
    • level: 3

I gave up on the show after episodes that were really mean-spirited like The Thing and A Pal for Gary aired, I've seen only a few episodes of Season 8 and 9, which were the Bumper to Bumper episode, Demolition Derby, the mini golf episode, the Plankton's dog episode, and the Christmas episode, are the rest of the seasons decent and actually remotely funny to all audiences like this or did it return to rcok bottom writing again? I haven't really checked out the new episodes.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CarlieNye0

[2]Jun 28, 2013
    • level: 3

It depends on the episode. If it is an episode like Plankton's Pet I would say getting better. Plankton's Pet is my current newer favorite episode.

fsaenz0125

[3]Jul 2, 2013
    • level: 23
    It is definitely getting better. Most of the people who hated seasons 4-7 said that seasons 8 and 9 had been an improvement. I just don't want to see a season like the seventh season again where there were less perfect episodes. The only episodes I hated in the past two seasons were Squidward's School for Grown Ups (avoid it), Face Freeze, and little Yellow Book. Those three episodes are not recommended at all to any one who is liking SpongeBob again.

Murvine_Taylor

[4]Feb 16, 2014
    • level: 9

In my opinion, SpongeBob never went downhill, but I will say that the show is getting better. Squidward became meaner in the post-movie era but in "SpongeBob You're Fired" he rescued SpongeBob. Mrs. Puff became murderous in the season 8 episode "Demolition Doofus" but in the season 9 episode "Bumper To Bumper", she tried to help SpongeBob overcome his fear of the road.

pashotshot

[5]Feb 19, 2014
    • level: 15
    I don't think it ever went downhill, either, but I do notice that some of the characters have become very bipolar. I don't get that.

lootlimo

[6]Mar 21, 2014
    • level: 10

I guess it is getting kind ofbetter, but I still have mixed feelings about it.