We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Extreme Sports/Squirrel Record/Demolition Doofus/Face Freeze Episode Discussions

Which Of The Following NEW SS Episodes Did You Enjoy The Most?

tigerdude22

[1]Jul 21, 2012
    • level: 43

TYPE HERE to give me your thoughts on each of the new episodes that aired as the 1-hour TV event "The Super Spongy Square Games"

"Extreme Sports" and "Squirrel Record" are the Season 9 Premieres so give me your thoughts if they started off Season 9 with a bang or not.

"Demolition Doofus" and "Face Freeze" are still Season 8 episodes but yeah give me your thoughts on those episodes.

This is an episode discussion for all 4 of the following NEW episodes that aired on July 21, 2012 so discuss them here please!!! Share your thoughts and let's respect each other's opinions.

Edited on 07/21/2012 2:44pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

i_heart_nick

[2]Jul 21, 2012
    • level: 10

Extreme Sports: I loved the drasticals, the boxing scene, and the comparisons of Spongebob and Patrick's sports and the Drasticals sports.
    Squirrel Record: Sandy did get a bit annoying, but I still loved how creative all of the records were.
    Demolition Doofus: Loved the derby, hated Mrs. Puff in this.
    Face Freeze: Hilarious, but also feels out of place of the more sporty episodes.

tigerdude22

[3]Jul 21, 2012
    i_heart_nick wrote:

Extreme Sports: I loved the drasticals, the boxing scene, and the comparisons of Spongebob and Patrick's sports and the Drasticals sports.
    Squirrel Record: Sandy did get a bit annoying, but I still loved how creative all of the records were.
    Demolition Doofus: Loved the derby, hated Mrs. Puff in this.
    Face Freeze: Hilarious, but also feels out of place of the more sporty episodes.

I totally agree with you dude. Hope you can review those episodes by the way. I loved all of the episodes except for "Demolition Doofus". Mrs. Puff was WAY out of character in that episode... I've officially lost respect for her. I give it an 8 out of 10 while I rate the rest of the episodes 10 out of 10. Also, did you notice "Extreme Sports" and "Squirrel Record" being in HD?

i_heart_nick

[4]Jul 21, 2012

I completely agree. I never really liked Mrs. Puff to begin with, but this was too far. Murder? Really? I mean, you're not writing Dexter, you're writing a story about a talking kitchen appliance. Also, I did notice it was in HD. I mean, after 5 years of HD TV's coming out, NOW Spongebob is taking advantage of it? I mean, it's just like with the Simpsons.

PS: Who did the voice of the krill in Extreme Sports again?

tigerdude22

[5]Jul 21, 2012
    i_heart_nick wrote:

I completely agree. I never really liked Mrs. Puff to begin with, but this was too far. Murder? Really? I mean, you're not writing Dexter, you're writing a story about a talking kitchen appliance. Also, I did notice it was in HD. I mean, after 5 years of HD TV's coming out, NOW Spongebob is taking advantage of it? I mean, it's just like with the Simpsons.

PS: Who did the voice of the krill in Extreme Sports again?

That is so true and Johnny Knoxville (from the MTV show "Jackass")

BrookeParker

[6]Jul 21, 2012
    • level: 12
    Missed the other two episodes. But the first ones were nice/decent. That one guy in the beginning couldn't give SB and Patrick at least a LIL' credit when they were tryin' to be tough or w/e it was. I was also kinda in and out of the room at times, but yeah, it was good.

fsaenz0125

[7]Jul 21, 2012
    • level: 23
    Extreme Sports: Best episode of the night. Awesome start for season nine. No problems with it. Finally, an episode that take place in the beach...I hope for more episodes like this again. 10/10

Squirrel Records: Superb episode but could have been better. A few parts were annoying. 9/10

Demolition Doofus: Great story line, OOC for Mrs. Puff..8/10

Face Freeze: I kinda predicted the stuffs in this episode after seeing some info and I found it really annoying. This prove why I want less annoying and idiotic moments of SpongeBob and Patrick. Only laughed three times here. 3/10

Overall this was good, although it was a pattern for me. Started off great but ended badly.

tigerdude22

[8]Jul 21, 2012
    BrookeParker wrote:
    Missed the other two episodes. But the first ones were nice/decent. That one guy in the beginning couldn't give SB and Patrick at least a LIL' credit when they were tryin' to be tough or w/e it was. I was also kinda in and out of the room at times, but yeah, it was good.
    Thanks for sharing your opinion on the two episodes at least.

tigerdude22

[9]Jul 21, 2012
    fsaenz0125 wrote:
    Extreme Sports: Best episode of the night. Awesome start for season nine. No problems with it. Finally, an episode that take place in the beach...I hope for more episodes like this again. 10/10

Squirrel Records: Superb episode but could have been better. A few parts were annoying. 9/10

Demolition Doofus: Great story line, OOC for Mrs. Puff..8/10

Face Freeze: I kinda predicted the stuffs in this episode after seeing some info and I found it really annoying. This prove why I want less annoying and idiotic moments of SpongeBob and Patrick. Only laughed three times here. 3/10

Overall this was good, although it was a pattern for me. Started off great but ended badly.
    I give the same score on "Demolition Doofus" as you did. In my opinion, the other episodes are 10 out of 10 for me. In my opinion, "Face Freeze" wasn't extremely annoying and horrible like "Squidward's School for Grown Ups". While the storyline does seem childish, I actually found SpongeBob and Patrick making faces to be hilarious especially the very ending of the episode. The episode was EXTREMELY WEIRD and FREAKY but I highly loved it to be honest. It's okay if you didn't like "Face Freeze" though and I'm gonna assume it's one of those episodes where people either LOVE it (or like it at least) or HATE it. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

PNest

[10]Jul 31, 2012

loooved all of the episodes but extreme spots was better!

Spider-Kid

[11]Aug 13, 2012
    • level: 3

Only one I've seen so far is "Demolition Doofus", and I'll be honest. It was THE worst episode I've ever seen. Mrs. Puff was so ridiculously out of character it wasn't even funny. The only part I really liked was the ending when Spongebob unknowingly gave Puff her comeuppance by winning the derby.

Even giving this episode a 0 out of 10 rating would be overly generous of me.

Edited on 08/13/2012 4:03pm