We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Do You Think This Show Should End?

Do You Think This Show Should End?

mahesh2001

[1]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 11

I think this show should end.It is getting Stupid, and losing viewers, and it has been runningsince 1999, and this show is the only thing that they show on nickelodeon right now. And this is the show that got all the 90's nick showscanceled.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kelanthayet

[2]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 5

Yes, I think it's past its prime, but Nick won't cancel it until it stops making them money.

Edited on 04/12/2011 5:48pm

LKPRINCESS

[3]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 4
    i agree

spongebobfan200

[4]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 30

mahesh2001 wrote:

I think this show should end.It is getting Stupid, and losing viewers, and it has been runningsince 1999, and this show is the only thing that they show on nickelodeon right now. And this is the show that got all the 90's nick showscanceled.

1. Spongebob is not losing viewers, its top ratings for kids.
    2. Spongebob didn't cancel the 90's shows, the cancellizations were dependant on ratings, while Nickelodeon's the one to blame.
    3. This is not the 90's anymore, it's hard to handle it, but yeah...no matter what Spongebob's going to continue until...something causes the show to go down to cancellization.
    4. Sorry, I've been seeing threads like this around this year.

Edited on 04/12/2011 9:48pm

futuramarama

[5]Apr 13, 2011
    • level: 37
    spongebob is the simpsons of nickelodeon.

both have been on for years, both of their styles have changed (spongebob's style nowadays revolves primarily around gross out humor and characters getting hurt, esp. The Splinter), both are pretty much 'past their prime', and both are primarily their networks' top money maker (well, simpsons kinda is, at least cartoon wise. only main competition is family guy, and that's only some of the time). Spongebob is not going to end until people stop watching. It's going to keep going and going. pretty much everyone watches it- babies, toddlers, kids, teens, parents, grandparents, middle-aged people, etc. it's one of those shows that is like not going to end until it stops making nick money. and that probably will not be for years. in addition to viewership, nick probably makes a lot of money because of DVDs, video games, and everything else with the spongebob name on it.

In my personal opinion, it should end. But it won't. It's not the worst show ever, and it's not as bad as what Simpsons has become, but it is heading down that road. I hope Spongebob ends before it gets TOO Bad, but there are some people who think it is still great. So... yea. I think it should definitely end, but it still has at least 4 years probably, if not more

mahesh2001

[6]Apr 14, 2011

spongebobfan200 wrote:

mahesh2001 wrote:

2. Spongebob didn't cancel the 90's shows, the cancellizations were dependant on ratings, while Nickelodeon's the one to blame.
    3. This is not the 90's anymore, it's hard to handle it, but yeah...no matter what Spongebob's going to continue until...something causes the show to go down to cancellization.

I mean Spongebob still has a heck lot of viewers, but it is STARTING to lose viewers!

Actually Spongebob did get the 90's showscanceled because this show was so popular that people thought the other shows got old! And replaced them with crappy new shows!

And to tell you the truth as a child I used to love Spongebob, but after the movie the show sucked!

Crazy_Odd2006

[7]Apr 15, 2011
    • level: 13
    this is been another pointless theory. It like people watching old SB than new ones.

*sighs* i'm sick of tired of complaints about SB ending.

spongebobfan200

[8]Apr 15, 2011
    • level: 30

mahesh2001 wrote:

spongebobfan200 wrote:

mahesh2001 wrote:

I mean Spongebob still has a heck lot of viewers, but it is STARTING to lose viewers!

Actually Spongebob did get the 90's showscanceled because this show was so popular that people thought the other shows got old! And replaced them with crappy new shows!

And to tell you the truth as a child I used to love Spongebob, but after the movie the show sucked!

1. Starting to lose viewers? Like...right now? Cuz' I've heard no news about Spongebob losing viewers, cuz' apparently, all I see is him as timeslot winners at times.

2. I guess I forgot one small detail to my previous response. I guess I can say Spongebob is involved with the 90's cancellizations. But Spongebob is not the ONLY reason why they're cancelled. For whoever's to blame is whoever's in-charge of Nickelodeon. THEY cancel the shows, and it is dependant on the many rating each show has.

3. Spongebob sucked after the movie?...Yeah I've already heard that one before. Enough said.

If this was a debate, this would last for seemingly a day.

Edited on 04/15/2011 4:24pm

mahesh2001

[9]Apr 15, 2011

spongebobfan200 wrote:

mahesh2001 wrote:

spongebobfan200 wrote:

mahesh2001 wrote:

1. Starting to lose viewers? Like...right now? Cuz' I've heard no news about Spongebob losing viewers, cuz' apparently, all I see is him as timeslot winners at times.

2. I guess I forgot one small detail to my previous response. I guess I can say Spongebob is involved with the 90's cancellizations. But Spongebob is not the ONLY reason why they're cancelled. For whoever's to blame is whoever's in-charge of Nickelodeon. THEY cancel the shows, and it is dependant on the many rating each show has.

3. Spongebob sucked after the movie?...Yeah I've already heard that one before. Enough said.

If this was a debate, this would last for seemingly a day.

I said that it is only losing a little bit viewers!

Actually I could actually agree with u on #2!

And yes After the movie it became Horrible! From good humor,good storyline,good plot it turned to a bad a very bad cartoon After the movie! But the movie was awesome!Though!

nevergrowup

[10]May 11, 2011
    • level: 5

Spongebob is one of those shows that you love it and are addicted to it but you want it to end at the same time because Nickelodeon is constintly airing it!!

tigerdude22

[11]May 13, 2011
    • level: 43

You know you people need to be quiet... it gets me mad that you don't even see the new episodes... okay I admit that Season 4 made SpongeBob change but then Season 7 is actually bringing back charms and gaining more viewers actually and Season 8 just barely began but SpongeBob's charms are getting better and you can even notice that ratings in Season 7 and Season 8 are so much higher than Seasons 4, 5, and 6. So before you nonloyal SpongeBob haters say that this show should end.... at least watch some of the good Season 7 episodes and watch Season 8 because it came to an excellent start. Also, stop saying that the show should be canceled because that is BULLCRAP so shut up.

I don't like to be like this but I had even enough of this crap about SpongeBob being canceled. That's your opinion but the least you people can do is at least keep things to yourself Yell

Has it ever occured to you mean people that it is hard to keep a show on the air for more than 10 years. Okay, even though it does have gross humor it's still an excellent cartoon. At least the writers are trying to make the new episodes good. Most of the writers are just lazy now-a-days to come up with a good idea so think about that.

Edited on 05/13/2011 11:02pm

marebear2009

[12]May 18, 2011
    • level: 27

tigerdude22 wrote:

You know you people need to be quiet... it gets me mad that you don't even see the new episodes... okay I admit that Season 4 made SpongeBob change but then Season 7 is actually bringing back charms and gaining more viewers actually and Season 8 just barely began but SpongeBob's charms are getting better and you can even notice that ratings in Season 7 and Season 8 are so much higher than Seasons 4, 5, and 6. So before you nonloyal SpongeBob haters say that this show should end.... at least watch some of the good Season 7 episodes and watch Season 8 because it came to an excellent start. Also, stop saying that the show should be canceled because that is BULLCRAP so shut up.

I don't like to be like this but I had even enough of this crap about SpongeBob being canceled. That's your opinion but the least you people can do is at least keep things to yourself Yell

Has it ever occured to you mean people that it is hard to keep a show on the air for more than 10 years. Okay, even though it does have gross humor it's still an excellent cartoon. At least the writers are trying to make the new episodes good. Most of the writers are just lazy now-a-days to come up with a good idea so think about that.

Wow! I could not have worded this any better. Everything you said is spot on.

1. To the people whostarted hating the show after the movie but have faith that it will get better, give the new episodes a chance! In my opinion, it does get better as the new episodes keep coming.

2. To the people who have given up faith that the show will get better and say that it needs to end, STOP FREAKING WATCHING IT! It's as simple as that, really. It's all fine and dandy if you don't like the show. That's your own opinion. It's just a waste of time for people to watch a show they hate and then write all their complaints about it on the forum. You don't see me complaining about how the Fairly Odd Parents needs to end on that forum even though I feel the same way about several of thenew episodes of that show that show as a lot of people do about Spongebob.The only place I have stated my opinion on FOP is in the reviews. People who obsessively complain about Spongebob, please just leave the fans like me to enjoy the show in peace. If you hate the show now, good for you. Keep feeling the nostalgia you do for the old episodes and don't even keep bothering with the new ones. Just move right on along with your lives.

3. It really cracks me up that episodes from season 4- present like Fungus Among Us, House Fancy, and Suction Cup Symphony get critically panned for their gross humor but episodes from before the movie like Survival of the Idiots, Nasty Patty and MM and BB 4 get all kinds of praise.

4. This is probably the last time I'm going to acknowledge the existence of a thread like this.

Edited on 05/18/2011 11:41am

money3003

[13]May 19, 2011
    • level: 6

For now, I'm not really sure about the ending thing. But I'll just have to say that I still loved the show even after the movie. I didn't really notice the change in SpongeBob's voice until I saw The Gift of Gum. The only thing I really noticed was that it was a bit more childish and the characters seemed to be talking faster. Well, they were talking faster and the pacing of the episodes including. But I still loved the show though.

After I bought season 5, that's when I noticed that they were REALLY REALLY getting childish and the plots were getting kind of dumb. Most of the characters were really getting on my nerves. Most jokes and episodes were really really lame. In other words, this season disappointed me. Also, SpongeBob's new singing voice was just irritating (e.g. I Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You, I Love Krabby Patties, The Bubble Song). But this season had at least 2 or 3 good episodes and other lame ones had its MOMENTS.

When I finally saw season 6, OMG!!! The episodes were REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY childish and stupid. The characters were so annoying. And what the heck is with the cheeks of the characters??!! It did have SOME funny moments but I was really irritated with the characters and plots. Although the Sunbleach episode had a good message, it just didn't have good humor. I almost forgot, some humor was just gross. Like the toenail thing in House Fancy, it made me laugh but I was like "OMG!! This is funny and all but this kind of humor shouldn't be on SpongeBob. It should be on something like Happy Tree Friends" or something like that. I laugh at gross humor, but seriously? On SpongeBob? They might as well go back to cartoon VIOLENCE.

For season 7, I was really excited after seeing all the high ratings. But alas, it was too good to be true. It wasn't really funny. For the most part, it was a bit boring. But I do appreciate how the characters are less childish and annoying. The season wasn't as irritating as season 5 or 6. SpongeBob was a bit more mature in this season than when he was in season 6. And season 7 did have a FEW good moments.

For the episodes in season 8, I was also disappointed. It just isn't really humorous anymore. But all I can say is that none of the characters are annoying. And of course finally, it had plots that people could actually relate to. Also, I haven't really noticed the annoying music they've been using since season 4. I think you know what music I'm talking about. I really appreciate that factor. Although I do think it's still too early to judge it.

So for now, I can't be sure about it ending just yet. Although maybe they should just end with 10-12 or so seasons as a whole for this show. We can't seriously expect this show to run forever.

startug

[14]May 25, 2011
    • level: 23
    Old Fans VS New Fans. Calm down will you? You are all fighting over a show that ended well with the movie, and that's how I see it. The episodes post-movie, sure, most are awful, but you need to give some credit for being kind of good. If it didn't make it this far, we'd never see the documentary which was very good. I'm one of the fans who likes the older series, but I can admit that SOME newer ones were actually watchable. After Spongebob started to suck, I just simply didn't watch it. I didn't go bashing other people's opinions on the newer series, I just had better things to do. So both of you fans are guilty. You bash each other in wrong ways, and it's sickening.