We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Why isn't Dan allowed to make episodes out of fanfictions?

schillingklaus

[21]Aug 16, 2010
    • level: 12

Schneider is a Quogan fan, thus unable to understand divine truth.

Edited on 01/14/2012 11:23pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MusicAddictBabe

[22]Aug 17, 2010
    • level: 18
    Schilling - But you just said that Nick...whatever. Nevermind, then.

Marc - I was joking. Completely.

schillingklaus

[23]Aug 17, 2010
    Nickelodeon and Schneider can be considered as the same thing for most ends and purposes. In any case, Seddie fanfictions are almost always in character, as long as they refrain from thinking of Freddie and Sam as opposites. All other Seddie fics are horribly OC, as are all Creddie and Criffin fics.

Nevel/Megan and Cal/Quinn fanfictions are those most in character of all, but only the supreme elite of ff writers is able to write about them, as they are not found explicitely in the show and require divine inspiration in order to connect the dots.

marcdragicevic

[24]Aug 17, 2010
    • level: 21
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Schilling - But you just said that Nick...whatever. Nevermind, then.

Marc - I was joking. Completely.

Hmm I know what you meant - Trolls will die when not fed.

pscf3

[26]Aug 17, 2010
    • level: 16
    Why you so stupid? I'm curious.

Seriously though, what IS wrong with you? I've read a couple of seddie fics, and in them, Freddie and Sam are these little lovey dovey freaks, and Carly is this rabid seddie fan. Not in Character. Granted, most creddie fics aren't in character either. There are usually about 5 stories in each ship that are in character.
    schillingklaus wrote:
    Nickelodeon and Schneider can be considered as the same thing for most ends and purposes. In any case, Seddie fanfictions are almost always in character, as long as they refrain from thinking of Freddie and Sam as opposites. All other Seddie fics are horribly OC, as are all Creddie and Criffin fics.

Nevel/Megan and Cal/Quinn fanfictions are those most in character of all, but only the supreme elite of ff writers is able to write about them, as they are not found explicitely in the show and require divine inspiration in order to connect the dots.

schillingklaus

[27]Aug 17, 2010
    Only those are stupid who favour Quogan over Cal/Quinn.

Carly should be a rabid Seddie fan, because that's an elegant way for Carly to get rid of both of the biggest hobknockers in her life at the same time.

MusicAddictBabe

[28]Aug 17, 2010
    Schilling - I don't even remember who Cal is.

Well, anyway. Fanfics are always gonna be OOC because we being the writers aren't the ones who created the characters and can't get every detail of the characters in our stories. However, I'd have to say the stories that come close are the ones where when you read them, you can almost perfectly visualize the scenes and the character dialog (like, if there's dialog in the story and you can tell that it's "really something Sam would say"). I don't review stories on FF very often; when I do it's usually because of something like this (among other reasons, I suppose lol).

iCarlyFan101

[29]Aug 17, 2010
    • level: 3

schillingklaus wrote:
    Only those are stupid who favour Quogan over Cal/Quinn. Carly should be a rabid Seddie fan, because that's an elegant way for Carly to get rid of both of the biggest hobknockers in her life at the same time.

I don't even know who you are talking about (Quogan and Cal/Quinn) but calling people stupid for favoring one ship over another (assuming that's what you're talking about) would be considered asinine and childish by most. You seem to me like you are an intelligent person but – again, in my opinion – you are just making yourself sound foolish as well as egotistical with your very limited views and negative attitude towards those who don't share it. I don't and probably will never understand people like you. How do you get through life with such narrow-mindedness? I would think you miss out on so many opportunities and meeting new and exciting people by summing them up and dismissing them before you even bothered to scratch beneath the surface. But to each their own.

I enjoy all kinds of fanfic – Creddie, Seddie, Spam, etc. I don't mind when characters are a little OOC, they kind of have to be to be incorporated into and make the plotline of a writer's fictional story plausible. That said, there are some poorly written stories out there for all ships – OOC or otherwise. I think if you're a good enough writer, you can almost make any ship work and keep them in character as much as the flexibility of fiction allows.

I personally would love to see some of the more well-written fanfic turn up in the show. Not gonna happen, but I would like it. And the appropriateness could be toned down to meet the shows rating. That would be awesome.

Edited on 08/17/2010 10:59am

MusicAddictBabe

[30]Aug 17, 2010
    You go iCarlyFan! Btw, I don't know what the Quinn/Cal thing is. But Quogan isn't even on this show. It's a couple on Zoey 101. I certaninly agree with you. This is the lesson of the day . I like it. Because come on. I have a bundle of friends who don't always agree on everything (including me). Then again, that's what makes you a good friend...and person in general. When you may disagree with others but still accept their beliefs and opinions on something. Just to add on, anyway.

I haven't really read fanfictions in awhile. Besides, if stories were totally in-character, they wouldn't really be that creative. I think that's what I wanna say, anyway.

pscf3

[31]Aug 17, 2010
    Me neither, i got kinda obbsed with fanfiction at a time and made a pact to quit, and I did. The stories that I wanted to read new chapters of I just put on story/author alert, so I really don't read that many fanfics anymore.

teenj12

[32]Aug 17, 2010
    • level: 26
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    You go iCarlyFan! Btw, I don't know what the Quinn/Cal thing is. But Quogan isn't even on this show. It's a couple on Zoey 101. I certaninly agree with you. This is the lesson of the day . I like it. Because come on. I have a bundle of friends who don't always agree on everything (including me). Then again, that's what makes you a good friend...and person in general. When you may disagree with others but still accept their beliefs and opinions on something. Just to add on, anyway.

I haven't really read fanfictions in awhile. Besides, if stories were totally in-character, they wouldn't really be that creative. I think that's what I wanna say, anyway.
    i really don't like spinoffs that much...their a waste of time..

schillingklaus

[33]Aug 17, 2010
    Quinn is of course from Zoey 101. But Cal is from iCarly episode iGo Nuclear. Decent people that are able to connect the dots, using diving inspiration, know that Quinn/Cal would be a wonderful in-character couple, thus Quinn/Cal is great stuff for wonderful fanfictions. Decent fanfic authors write about good stuff like Quinn/Cal, which is possible with a true Quinn, indecent ones prefer junk like Quogan which requires perverting Quinn.

MusicAddictBabe

[34]Aug 17, 2010
    Spin-off of what? Sorry, I got confused.

teenj12

[35]Aug 18, 2010
    • level: 26
    schillingklaus wrote:
    Quinn is of course from Zoey 101. But Cal is from iCarly episode iGo Nuclear. Decent people that are able to connect the dots, using diving inspiration, know that Quinn/Cal would be a wonderful in-character couple, thus Quinn/Cal is great stuff for wonderful fanfictions. Decent fanfic authors write about good stuff like Quinn/Cal, which is possible with a true Quinn, indecent ones prefer junk like Quogan which requires perverting Quinn.

Cal?

pscf3

[36]Aug 18, 2010
    Cal is the guy who helped Carly on her science project in iGo Nuclear. They later found out that he was in the FBI's most wanted for creating nuclear powered stuff,

NatalieTV100

[37]Aug 18, 2010
    • level: 10
    schillingklaus wrote:
    Only those are stupid who favour Quogan over Cal/Quinn.

Carly should be a rabid Seddie fan, because that's an elegant way for Carly to get rid of both of the biggest hobknockers in her life at the same time.

Biggest hobnockers in her life? Please elaborate...

MusicAddictBabe

[38]Aug 18, 2010
    Is 'hobnockers' even a word? I mean, I know they used it in iCarly, but I thought they made that up.

iCarlyFan101

[39]Aug 18, 2010

MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Besides, if stories were totally in-character, they wouldn't really be that creative. I think that's what I wanna say, anyway.

I agree! Some degree of deviation from the character is needed for creative purposes.

And being friends with all kinds of people with all kinds of views is fun. Imagine how boring it would be to agree all the time and always have the same thoughts and feelings. Ugh!

iCarlyFan101

[40]Aug 18, 2010

MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Is 'hobnockers' even a word? I mean, I know they used it in iCarly, but I thought they made that up.

Oh it's a real word - it means someone who goes around punching people in their nether regions. Ouch!