We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Should this show finally be put to rest?

Should iCarly be cancelled

kirbybeamer64

[1]Jun 18, 2011
    • level: 14

I'm starting to lose my patience with this show right now. I think it should get canceled soon. Share your opinions here.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vanillacupcakes

[2]Jun 18, 2011
    • level: 16
    Hell no. In fact I think it's getting even better. I'm not saying that just because of iOMG and they're doing the Seddie arc next season. Comedic wise I loved it even more(except for iDo). The only issue was that they aired the episodes strangely and way too far apart since it was a short season.

teenj12

[3]Jun 18, 2011
    • level: 26
    kirbybeamer64 wrote:

I'm starting to lose my patience with this show right now. I think it should get canceled soon. Share your opinions here.

No.Your probably just an angry Creddier.

CaptainKrueger

[4]Jun 18, 2011
    • level: 5

^ You don't know that, though, do you?

I'm a Creddier, but that has nothing to do with my disappointment in the show. It's just not as fun to me anymore. But I don't think it should be canceled.

hurr05

[5]Jun 18, 2011
    • level: 10

NO FREAKING WAY. It literally feels like iCarly came out last year

vanillacupcakes

[6]Jun 18, 2011

teenj wrote:
    No.Your probably just an angry Creddier.

Well not necessarily. This season's humor is slightly different, and Noah being a regular kind of changed it. I can see people getting bored by new episodes. Although there are Creddie shippers who will not watch the show now, there are also some neutrals who don't want the show "just about romance" and some others who don't like the way they spread out episodes. The fandom slightly died(even though it sparked up by iOMG it's isn't as strong anymore). I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of viewers go down. I just personally like the humor so much better in this one. I think it's better. iGet Pranky and iPity the Nevel cracked me up, plus the beginning of iOMG. I'd say it's the best show on Disney/Nick and I wouldn't want it to be canceled now. Imo it's still going strong, it just wasn't as strong as it was before. Hopefully Jim Parsons and Michelle Obama will rake in a few more viewers and new fans.

Edited on 06/18/2011 8:54pm

KJLwriter

[7]Jun 18, 2011
    • level: 8
    No! I don't want it to end. It's a show I really like, and I don't want it to end anytime soon. It's like with books. I hate when a book series ends because it's really sad. The same thing with t.v. shows. I love this show. It's really funny. Also, it wouldn't get canceled. It would just end. Nick would never cancel this show. It's probably the best show on the network and brings the most money to it.

futuramarama

[8]Jun 18, 2011
    • level: 37
    about that last sentence, i think Spongebob is probably more popular.

anyway, i don't want this show to end, least not now. right now it's still pretty watchable and it's one of the few shows i still watch whenever there is a new episode. i don't see it lasting longer than 2012/2013 though

nicknameless101

[9]Jun 19, 2011
    • level: 25

No way! I love this show!

RiciSmokes2

[10]Jun 19, 2011
    • level: 7
    ^^ Agreed it won't last that much longer. But it won't get canceled it will just end. Spongebob is way more popular. It's stays on the cable top 25 ratings with just regular re-runs.

KJLwriter

[11]Jun 19, 2011
    • level: 8
    Oh, I didn't even think about Spongebob. I never watched that show, so I forgot that it was still on with new episodes.

CaptainKrueger

[12]Jun 19, 2011
    • level: 5

Vanilla, I agree with you.Especiallythat thing about Noah. I have nothing against Noah, but I don't like Gibby. He gets on my nerves. And it just irritates me how he's everywhere now on iCarly.

Really, this season hasn't been the greatest in my eyes. And like I said, I don't want it to be canceled, though.

vanillacupcakes

[13]Jun 19, 2011
    IA, it's not that I dislike Noah or Gibby, it's just sometimes he's pointless or just there for the sake of being there. I like him in small doses better. I liked him in iHAI, but getting drive thru? Asking his dad to give a haircut?? Uhhh...-_-

Writing wise I think Spongebob has gone downhill, yet I still don't want it canceled. It's still very popular as well. iCarly is probably the most popular show for preteens though.

Just a side note, but the Fanboy and Chumchum show NEEDS TO BE CANCELED GODDAMNIT.

teenj12

[14]Jun 19, 2011
    I agree FB and Dumdum sucks.

iCarly and Spongebob, like it or not, are the two main powerhouses of nick. Both are layed over 20 times a week.

RiciSmokes2

[15]Jun 19, 2011
    • level: 7
    I love Gibby! I love when his character is on screen.

hurr05

[16]Jun 19, 2011
    • level: 10

I have an idea. Instead of complaining about the show...DON'T WATCH IT!!! *gasp, gasp* the answer is so difficult! omg!!!

frontman19

[17]Jun 19, 2011

^What she said.

Also, for a more concrete answer I think rather than being canceled, it should just end like I'm sure it will after season 5. I personally think this season and the humor (especially in the last 3 episodes) are getting a lot better. It seems to be moving away from the child audience and more into the teen audience, and I like that. More subdued humor, not as out there/crazy/wacky/silly humor is the kind I like best, and I've been noticing that a lot more lately. So I say no.

vanillacupcakes

[18]Jun 19, 2011
    THIS! This whole post. I would like iCarly to end very strongly though. All of Dan's shows have ended when it was still good and had plenty of viewers. I want the cast of iCarly to move onto bigger things soon and I want an EPIC finale. A lot of shows have gotten progressively worse, but iCarly hasn't and I don't want it to.

bobfrapples8

[19]Jun 20, 2011

I guess I would say if you do not like the show so much that you want it cancelled, why not just stop watching? Don't spread your hate when obviously people who come to an iCarly web forum are probably fans.

teenj12

[20]Jun 21, 2011
    bobfrapples8 wrote:

I guess I would say if you do not like the show so much that you want it cancelled, why not just stop watching? Don't spread your hate when obviously people who come to an iCarly web forum are probably fans.

teenj12 likes this post.