We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Should this show finally be put to rest?

Should iCarly be cancelled

Zwingli4

[21]Jun 21, 2011
    • level: 16

I like the show but I don't think they should drag it out way too long like with "The X-Files" and "CSI" and "ER." If they drag it out too long it will become stale, with the writers finally running out of good ideas ("jumping the shark"). Besides that, the cast will eventually become too old to play teenagers. Indeed I think they if network execs were smart they should limit every series to 7 seasons at most--but of course the empty suits aren't that smart--just look at most of their product. Frown

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

schillingklaus

[22]Jun 22, 2011
    • level: 12

iCarly has already become stale in season 2.

The only thing making it worth watching are the guest characters.

pscf3

[23]Jun 22, 2011
    iCarly pretty much has 26 episodes left. 13 more in season 4, then 13 in season 5.

teenj12

[24]Jun 23, 2011
    • level: 26
    pscf3 wrote:
    iCarly pretty much has 26 episodes left. 13 more in season 4, then 13 in season 5.
    There could be more. I see iCarly as a show that can go on for like 10 seasons. Also, the iCarly cast are all still young and fresh, I wouldn't worry about them getting to an "odd" stage till they are around 24-26.

pscf3

[25]Jun 23, 2011
    Well, they're jouniors right now, and by season 5 they will be seniors. I really don't think it will or can last longer than that. If they continue this show into college, then wacky plotlines would be outta character, and they'd probably have to move to teennick for more mature plotlines.

That being said, I'd love to see this show last as long as it stays good, which it is right now.

teenj12

[26]Jun 23, 2011

pscf3 wrote:
    Well, they're jouniors right now, and by season 5 they will be seniors. I really don't think it will or can last longer than that. If they continue this show into college, then wacky plotlines would be outta character, and they'd probably have to move to teennick for more mature plotlines. That being said, I'd love to see this show last as long as it stays good, which it is right now.
    LOL, that part of your post made me crack up xD.

pscf3

[27]Jun 23, 2011
    Yeah, that'd be cool to see, but the 8 years old would wanna keep watching and theyd be too informed. xD

hurr05

[28]Jun 23, 2011
    • level: 10

teenj12 wrote:
    pscf3 wrote:
    There could be more. I see iCarly as a show that can go on for like 10 seasons. Also, the iCarly cast are all still young and fresh, I wouldn't worry about them getting to an "odd" stage till they are around 24-26.
    10 seasons??? Sorry, but I really can't see it continuing for another 10 years. These are REAL people, and they get older. A show like Spongebob can go on for another 10 years because well...he can be the same age forever.

teenj12

[29]Jun 23, 2011

hurr05 wrote:

teenj12 wrote:
    pscf3 wrote:
    10 seasons??? Sorry, but I really can't see it continuing for another 10 years. These are REAL people, and they get older. A show like Spongebob can go on for another 10 years because well...he can be the same age forever.

Lol, your posts always make me laugh even when your serious. 10 seasons is pushing it though xD.

hurr05

[30]Jun 24, 2011
    • level: 10

LMAO teenj I guess I'm just naturally funny like that I'm hilarious in real life too

teenj12

[31]Jun 24, 2011
    hurr05 wrote:

LMAO teenj I guess I'm just naturally funny like that I'm hilarious in real life too

Yea I bet .