We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Season 5 Episode 3- iCan't Take It.

pscf3

[1]Sep 3, 2011
    • level: 16

I decided to go ahead and make a thread for this since it is on TvGuide.

TvGuide summary- Gibby tries to sagboat Sam and Freddie's romance, and Carly is torn about ready to help him. Airs- September 17th, 2 weeks from today!!

Edited on 01/05/2012 11:01pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fireofnature

[2]Sep 3, 2011
    • level: 13

Who would have thunk it, GIBBY'S the one that doesn't like it, for some odd reason. First he's seen 'steppin' out' on Tasha and stealing Freddie's girl in that one episode and now he's trying to put a damper on a new relationship. Hmm, he either doesn't like them together for some reason, or he's still go a beef with Freddie over the whole thing with Tasha that he's not gotten over XD

Theories?

Edited on 09/03/2011 8:28am

Diamondgrl13

[3]Sep 3, 2011
    • level: 6

"Who would have thunk it, GIBBY'S the one that doesn't like it, for some odd reason. First he's seen 'steppin' out' on Tasha and stealing Freddie's girl in that one episode and now he's trying to put a damper on a new relationship. Hmm, he either doesn't like them together for some reason, or he's still go a beef with Freddie over the whole thing with Tasha that he's not gotten over XD

Theories?"

Hmm...I don't think he's got any beef with Freddie over the whole Tasha thing..if anything he probably still feels "turdy" about it, haha. But I do think it's kind of ironic that he's apparently the one who wants to ruin their relationship, especially since everyone (myself included) has been speculating about it being Carly, or Mrs. Bensen or basically anyone BESIDES Gibby. I mean really, why on earth would he care? I can't figure it out. But I'm very intrigued. *raises eyebrow*

P.S.

The "quote" button REALLY needs to get fixed, this is annoying.

pscf3

[4]Sep 3, 2011
    For those who said Carly was too happy- apparently she might team with Gibby. :p

Fireofnature

[5]Sep 3, 2011
    Maybe Gibby liked Sam HAHAHA, yes the quote button needs to be fixed and I still say Carly probably wouldn't try to sabatoge their relationship on the basis that she is their friend. Though I can see her getting pissed about being the third wheel, as she obviously is upset XD.

vanillacupcakes

[6]Sep 3, 2011
    My theory?? Mrs. Benson bribed him with a detective spy outfit and liquid soap.

Unless Gibby is going to be really hurt by it, he couldn't hurt a fly. Well he COULD, but he chooses not to. Sam and Freddie are his friends and he's a nice guy. He DID ask Sam that time she broke his thumbs, but iSpeed Date made me think he's over her. He enjoys dating Tasha and having a few girls on the side lol. I don't think Cibby will happen either, even though the promos seem that way.

Carly is annoyed in iDSAF. Idk about this one. I hate when people say she's too happy, I like the fact that she's happy. I'm happy too. Is that a bad thing?? I think she can be feisty sometimes, but in a good way.

You beat me to this thread pscf3. Dibs on the iLove You thread.

teenj12

[7]Sep 3, 2011
    • level: 26
    Yea, shame on you pscf. Vanilla always makes the threads, you, Ruff, and Marc find the info, now don't go disrupting the natural order of things .

vanillacupcakes

[8]Sep 4, 2011
    Lol I've only made 3 threads. I'm just really excited about this episode (iLove You too).
    Nothing wrong with changing things up.

pscf3

[9]Sep 4, 2011
    Lol, iDSAF thread and this one are the only 2 episode threads I've created. Nothin wrong with that.

hurr05

[10]Sep 5, 2011
    • level: 10

GIBBY??????? FAT, SWEET, ODD OL' GIBBY????? DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

My guess on Gibby wanting to break up their relationship? Maybe because since the two of them are always together, he wants to hang with Carly all the time. Carly doesn't want to, which leaves him very lonely. And maybe because no one has any time left for him (they usually have him appear on the webshow from time to time).

Shadowswhisper

[11]Sep 5, 2011
    • level: 2

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    My theory?? Mrs. Benson bribed him with a detective spy outfit and liquid soap.

I agree with vanillacupcakes, that its Mrs. Benson who "can't take it". She doesn't want her little Fredward growing up, and having "those" feelings. She'll have some rhyme for puberty probably.

Or. . . .

Mrs. Benson knows it'll take a lot of money to feed Sam. She'll have to get a second job, and Freddie is gonna have to start working. Could simply be an economic issue for her. ;-)

Edited on 09/05/2011 9:01pm

hurr05

[12]Sep 7, 2011

ACTUALLY, I don't think Mrs. Benson supposedly put Gibby up to thesabotage. If you remember the promo of Gibby whispering to Mrs. Benson, "your son is dating...Sam." and then Mrs. Benson screams. So it looks like Gibby wanted to break up this couple BEFORE Mrs. Benson.

vanillacupcakes

[13]Sep 9, 2011
    ^Actually, I thought Mrs. Benson hired Gibby to spy on Sam and Freddie and he is reporting that information. But now that we know Gibby knows Sam/Freddie are together before the puppy thing, that could plausible too. I think them not showing up for iCarly ticks him off. With Carly, the issue is dragging her in the middle of their arguments as a mediator 24/7.

teenj12

[14]Sep 9, 2011
    • level: 26
    hurr05 wrote:

ACTUALLY, I don't think Mrs. Benson supposedly put Gibby up to thesabotage. If you remember the promo of Gibby whispering to Mrs. Benson, "your son is dating...Sam." and then Mrs. Benson screams. So it looks like Gibby wanted to break up this couple BEFORE Mrs. Benson.

Good eye Hurr

vanillacupcakes

[15]Sep 12, 2011
    What do you think "the big secret" is?? Or is it just the promo people overhyping it.

And I guess Sam and Freddie didn't break up on their own, since Carly and Gibby have to put effort into scheming a way to break them up. Hmm..

pscf3

[16]Sep 12, 2011
    What big secret?!?

hurr05

[17]Sep 12, 2011

Mrs. Benson: *walks in on Freddie kissing Sam* FREDWARD BENSON!! YOU STOP KISSING THAT HOOLIGAN RIGHT NOW!

Sam: Hooligan?!

Freddie: ............We weren't kissing...?

Sam: Dude!

Mrs. Benson: *yanks Sam off of Freddie* Who do you think you are sucking my son's face like that?

Sam: Who do YOU think YOU are manhandling my shoulders like that? I suck face with whoever nub I want.

Freddie: Nub?

Shadowswhisper

[18]Sep 13, 2011
    • level: 2

Going to take stab at the "big secret".

1. Mrs. Benson enlists Gibby to confirm that Freddie and Sam are dating. Mrs. Benson makes Gibby swear he doesn't tell anybody.

2. Gibby tells Carly (or gets her to help or both) about the plan to spy on Freddie and Sam that Mrs. Benson enlisted him on. Gibby makes Carly ankle swear not to tell anybody.

3. Carly breaks down and tells Sam and Freddie about Gibby spying on them for Mrs. Benson. (The Big Secret).

Naturally repercussions ensue leading the thing that changes forever. whatever that might be. Maybe with Gibby and them, or Mrs. Benson and Freddie. Or, I guess, Carly and Gibby. Maybe Gibby leaves the show after this episode.

Should be interesting to find out. :-)

vanillacupcakes

[19]Sep 14, 2011
    Whoohoo a synopsis!!

Mrs. Benson discovers Sam and Freddie's relationship after Gibby, now the subject of Sam's abuse, concocts a plan to split them up. Will Carly fight for Sam and Freddie, or help Gibby break them up?

Then something about Spencer in a bakery and Gibby singing a love song. Uhh..interesting. Well it is iCarly after all.

Fireofnature

[20]Sep 15, 2011
    Ah huh, so Gibby goes first. I hope Carly remains the friend. It looks like, however, she's torn. If she fights for Sam and Freddie, they may lose Gibby's friendship. If she helps Gibby, she may lose her two best friends for a while. By what the first promo went, I'm thinking the "so much for secrets" was Gibby telling Carly and Carly told Sam/Freddie, going behind Gibby's back. Who knows.