We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Rating Check

teenj12

[41]May 22, 2011
    • level: 26
    futuramarama wrote:
    if you look closely enough, you can tell it's on the cheek. i know it doesn't if you're just watching it casually and not paying attention, but still. pretty much the whole point of iPsycho is that Nora is well... 'psycho'. She doesn't have friends, she does not interact with people much. That's why, I'd guess, they had her give a girl a kiss on the cheek (made to look like an actual legit kiss). A lot of girls high five each other, and/or hug each other, but how often does one girl give another a short kiss on the cheek? Probably never, or at least, it's uncommon, and I think that's why they chose to have her do that; it goes along with her socially awkward stance. She got excited when another girl and her were talking, and instead of doing something normal, like a high five or a little hug, she goes in for a peck on the cheek, to showcase, IMO, how she is different then everyone else

Actually, a girl giving another girl a friendly kiss isn't that uncommon. The way Nora did it, is uncommon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

futuramarama

[42]May 22, 2011
    • level: 37
    I'm just going off by what I see. I see girls hug a lot but I don't see them give friendly kisses or anything else. Maybe in other schools they do it more but i don't see it

pscf3

[43]May 22, 2011
    • level: 16
    Dan made a blog post about this, but I couldn't find it when I searched.

Diamondgrl13

[44]May 26, 2011
    • level: 6
    futuramarama wrote:
    if you look closely enough, you can tell it's on the cheek. i know it doesn't if you're just watching it casually and not paying attention, but still. pretty much the whole point of iPsycho is that Nora is well... 'psycho'. She doesn't have friends, she does not interact with people much. That's why, I'd guess, they had her give a girl a kiss on the cheek (made to look like an actual legit kiss). A lot of girls high five each other, and/or hug each other, but how often does one girl give another a short kiss on the cheek? Probably never, or at least, it's uncommon, and I think that's why they chose to have her do that; it goes along with her socially awkward stance. She got excited when another girl and her were talking, and instead of doing something normal, like a high five or a little hug, she goes in for a peck on the cheek, to showcase, IMO, how she is different then everyone else

Still crosses an unnecessary line, I think. :-/