We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Rating Check

pscf3

[21]May 16, 2011
    • level: 16
    " rolls eyes ".
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

teenj12

[22]May 16, 2011
    • level: 26
    pscf3 wrote:
    " rolls eyes ".
    Your using quotes agaaaaiinn.

vanillacupcakes

[23]May 16, 2011
    I know, but kids are watching those shows and getting away with it because they are cartoons. I'd say the shows aimed towards kids aren't the issue, but the ones that aren't.

Oh, I didn't mean to reference Miley, I was basically referring to anybody in Disney(Lindsay, Britney, Demi, etc) but Miley works too. I don't even like her, but it's because I hate her acting and singing, not because she's going to scar kids by wearing shorts that are too short. Whoops, I got off on an off topic rant there.

RomanZolanski

[24]May 16, 2011
    • level: 12
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:
    RomanZolanski wrote:
    Wait, so a homosexual kiss is considered 'inappropriate' & sex-related?

Is that a REAL question?????? Please tell me you're kidding!!! If not, that's really sad that you think that's ok.

Um... yes it's a real question. Is a kiss not ok?

vanillacupcakes

[25]May 16, 2011
    ^ I seriously found it more comedic than anything referring to sexuality. I was surprised people got that worked up over it, when it was done before on Drake and Josh. It was almost like a kiss on the cheek. Oh well.

teenj12

[26]May 16, 2011
    RomanZolanski wrote:
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:
    RomanZolanski wrote:

Is that a REAL question?????? Please tell me you're kidding!!! If not, that's really sad that you think that's ok.

Its just sad that Homosexuality is not allowed in Y,Y7,G shows, when its apart of this world.

Diamondgrl13

[27]May 16, 2011
    • level: 6
    teenj12 wrote:
    RomanZolanski wrote:
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:
    RomanZolanski wrote:

Its just sad that Homosexuality is not allowed in Y,Y7,G shows, when its apart of this world.

It's more than sad. I PERSONALLY think it's wrong. Just in general. But ESPECIALLY on a kid's show. Not to be rude or anything, just my personal belief.

futuramarama

[28]May 17, 2011
    • level: 37

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    ^ I seriously found it more comedic than anything referring to sexuality. I was surprised people got that worked up over it, when it was done before on Drake and Josh. It was almost like a kiss on the cheek. Oh well.

on Drake and Josh, it probably wasn't a big issue because they played brothers. brothers don't generally kiss, but when they do, it's out of affection, which is why Josh kissed Drake after the Oprah tickets; he just got caught in the moment and kissed his brother, who he was happy at because he did something nice and caring.

whereas in this iCarly instance, it's just a girl kissing a random girl who came to her party (like others, only came for iCarly really). it's not that common for two girls to kiss, especially considering they aren't 'friends.' sure, it was just on the cheek, but if you aren't paying attention it looks like it could have been on the lips. if they'd have the girl hug the other girl, it probably would not be that big a deal. but i can kinda see how people are so worked up over that kiss (kinda, doesn't mean i fully agree with how people view it)

RomanZolanski

[29]May 17, 2011
    • level: 12

Diamondgrl13 wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:
    RomanZolanski wrote:
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:
    RomanZolanski wrote:
    It's more than sad. I PERSONALLY think it's wrong. Just in general. But ESPECIALLY on a kid's show. Not to be rude or anything, just my personal belief.
    More...than...sad...? But I don't get it, children aren't allowed to know about homosexuality? I mean think about it, many children have gay parents, many children have gay siblings, many children have gay classmates. They're exposed to it enough. Not only that, but if kids don't learn about something that is completely normal and common in reality, then they'll grow up homophobics, and there are A LOT. And it's hard being bisexual like I am not being able to come out to my own parents because people think it's wrong. But whatever...let's just drop it.

Edited on 05/17/2011 5:15am

pscf3

[30]May 17, 2011
    Yeah, we had this argument already. I'd say we drop this thread.

teenj12

[31]May 17, 2011
    Agreed.

JohnMckeon

[32]May 20, 2011
    • level: 5

I think Disney Channel shows are more apporiate than Nickalodian Shows, since Diseny is more strickly regulateing of what it shows have.

pscf3

[33]May 20, 2011
    Which makes it boring. Also, did you know there's this new thing called spell check?

Diamondgrl13

[34]May 20, 2011
    JohnMckeon wrote:

I think Disney Channel shows are more apporiate than Nickalodian Shows, since Diseny is more strickly regulateing of what it shows have.

This is true! Too bad the writing isn't as good. :-/ Disney needs a Dan Schnieder!! lol

vanillacupcakes

[35]May 20, 2011
    Disney Channel has gotten way too strict and prude-ish. You can see it through their tv shows and their actors. They are too into "setting a good example for kids" it brings down their writing big time. The reason I don't like their shows as much is because they aren't as laid back as Nick, so they put in little things for older viewers too. I'd say the only exception is WOWP. I think it's the only show that doesn't have the innuendos with good writing, with references for the "older" people("Please, please tell me now, is there something I should know? Duranium duranium!"), 3 dimensional characters with development, and decent plotlines without things being "in your face". I'm not saying something has to be inappropriate or filled with references to be funny or good. There are a lot of good kid movies without all of that. However, the inappropriate humor has always been Nickelodeon's style, and I personally like it. If all of their shows have been just as inappropriate, why would they change it now?

teenj12

[36]May 20, 2011
    Can this thread end. John, you are so repulsed by the "inappropriateness" on iCarly, YET on the Avatar:Legend Of Korra boards, your rooting for something badass and inappropriate to happen. You do this stuff on every board. Exhibit A: http://www.tv.com/avatar-the-legend-of-korra/show/79847/prom/topic/99312-3055621/msgs.html?tag=content;main

Exhibit B: http://www.tv.com/avatar-the-legend-of-korra/show/79847/rating-level/topic/99312-3060853/msgs.html?tag=content;main

Exhibit Freakin C: http://www.tv.com/avatar-the-legend-of-korra/show/79847/repulic-city-military/topic/99312-3059557/msgs.html?tag=content;main

Your kinda like MadameCat, anyone remember her?

edmasterchaos

[37]May 21, 2011
    • level: 41
    Yes there are quite a few things that are inappropriate, but they're mostly well hidden and plain remind me of Rocko's Modern Life, seeing it as a kid is fun, seeing it as an adult is hilarious. I sorta feel like iCarly is a tasteful Family Guy. It's got adult gags but it's carefully done, rather than "LOL SEE?! EDGY! WE'RE EDGY SO WHAT IF WE HAVE DONE WORSE IN THE PAST SIX YEARS?!"

futuramarama

[38]May 22, 2011
    iPsycho was on for the first time in like, ever yesterday, and i saw the kiss part. it is on the cheek but it is kinda hard to see. also, whilst i could see someone make the claim it is inappropriate, it's merely just there to showcase how awkward Nora is, how she does not have any friends and so she does not know how to act when someone is being nice to her

Diamondgrl13

[39]May 22, 2011

futuramarama wrote:
    iPsycho was on for the first time in like, ever yesterday, and i saw the kiss part. it is on the cheek but it is kinda hard to see. also, whilst i could see someone make the claim it is inappropriate, it's merely just there to showcase how awkward Nora is, how she does not have any friends and so she does not know how to act when someone is being nice to her
    While it MAY actually just be on the cheek, it's made to look like it's not...so it still crosses a line. And they could've gotten the same "she doesn't have any friends and doesn't know how to act when someone's nice to her" thing across another, more appropriate way. What if it was just a hug or a high five or something?? Wouldn't that still get the message across?? What if instead of a random, out of place, inappropriate kiss, she just invited her to "come to the mall and hang out with me and the other girls on Sat" or something?? That would be just as surprising to Nora, and she still wouldn't know how to act and they could still the get the point across just as easily. The kiss is completely unnecessary. Just my opinion. Feel free to disagree. :-)

futuramarama

[40]May 22, 2011
    if you look closely enough, you can tell it's on the cheek. i know it doesn't if you're just watching it casually and not paying attention, but still. pretty much the whole point of iPsycho is that Nora is well... 'psycho'. She doesn't have friends, she does not interact with people much. That's why, I'd guess, they had her give a girl a kiss on the cheek (made to look like an actual legit kiss). A lot of girls high five each other, and/or hug each other, but how often does one girl give another a short kiss on the cheek? Probably never, or at least, it's uncommon, and I think that's why they chose to have her do that; it goes along with her socially awkward stance. She got excited when another girl and her were talking, and instead of doing something normal, like a high five or a little hug, she goes in for a peck on the cheek, to showcase, IMO, how she is different then everyone else