We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official " New Editor / Moderator Thread.

Votes for new editor

RomanZolanski

[21]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 12
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Marcdracigeic and Andrea haven't been on anymore, and the forum has been a bit hectic. You and frontman make a good point though, it's not even allowed. However, they haven't been doing anything to control the forum. Things ran much more smoothly when they have been here.

If we do the voting thing, for the fill-in votes maybe we should do this via PM(it would go to pscf3 since he is running this particular thread). That way it would be anonymous. However, it looks like my vote will be seen since I will be the first. I'm voting even if we don't get a new moderator.

Oh my gosh Roman, I was about to nominate you. Frontman would also do well as a moderator, I just forgot because I'm always checking the Seddie thread when both of you post more in the other threads. #bias

LOL thanks, but I really don't wanna be mod, aha. I just don't want the responsibility, and all that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pscf3

[22]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 16
    So is there any way at all that we can actually choose our own editor?

saylavee

[23]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 18
    Unless we suck up A LOT and somehow get them to set aside the rules, I don't think so.

Also, all of us sending in a PM to the site won't work. It'll make it worse, so whoever is best at wording things should do it when we get this all sorted out.

jegolas1973

[24]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 22

I think TeenJ12 would make a great editor/moderator.

stui8

[25]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 30

yEAH i'm serious. and there is no way we can pick it unless whoever becomes editor agrees to letting teh voted person become editor which probley won't happen.

vanillacupcakes

[26]Mar 27, 2011
    :
    Bias, what bias? I do not know of this "Seddie thread bias" of which you speak. And if you did, surely no such bias would exist on this website, now move along.

Just wanted to make things clear. My personal bias, not of all Seddie shippers. My mind lately is basically "Seddieseddieseddie". Creddie? Huh, does not exist. Seddie Seddie Seddie. Blame it on the iOMG promo. So basically anything posted by neutral people I've kind of ignored. I'm not sure if you were joking or not, just wanted to say it's MY bias, not anybody else's.

I agree that somebody should send a message though, just to get an moderator to do something about it. I think we should forget about choosing an moderator, just having an active moderator is enough. However, I'm not well spoken enough to send something like that.

marcdragicevic

[27]Mar 28, 2011
    • level: 21
    I do come on here like maybe once a day, but haven't been posting as much lately. I do agree, that we need a new editor though.

Fireofnature

[28]Mar 28, 2011
    • level: 13

Hey I am a regular poster, and I know a lot about modding a forum, and I don't see my name up there! XD I'm not worried about it, but you definitely forgot Marc! Yeah, the new mod should be the best choice. I'd say Vanilla, Teen, or Saylavee. I'm leaning more towards Teen the more I read, but Saylavee is good too

Also, I have sent messages, doesn't seem to do a thing. Now if it were me, I'd go into the seddie thread and start some serious modding business in there, cleaning up all the off topic stuff, taking out all the duplicate threads, moving important threads up.

From what I've seen, there is a LOT that needs to be done, a lot of work indeed.
    Edited on 03/28/2011 1:56pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Fireofnature

[30]Mar 28, 2011
    saylavee wrote:

frontman19 wrote:

Yeah I've been totally ignored too, but that's ok. I don't think we should take a thread into our own hands, it is against the rules of the site and I don't even think anyone has a power to just become moderator without tv.com approval.

And yeah we can't and we don't have the right or power. But at least we can figuer out who should try to get a lot of points quickly and then try to get andrea to quit so we can keep ourselves in line.

And who else is guna take it into their hands if no one posts here anymore?

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Marcdracigeic and Andrea haven't been on anymore, and the forum has been a bit hectic. You and frontman make a good point though, it's not even allowed. However, they haven't been doing anything to control the forum. Things ran much more smoothly when they have been here. If we do the voting thing, for the fill-in votes maybe we should do this via PM(it would go to pscf3 since he is running this particular thread). That way it would be anonymous. However, it looks like my vote will be seen since I will be the first. I'm voting even if we don't get a new moderator. Oh my gosh Roman, I was about to nominate you. Frontman would also do well as a moderator, I just forgot because I'm always checking the Seddie thread when both of you post more in the other threads. #bias

I know you guys won't get this but you forced me to say:

Bias, what bias? I do not know of this "Seddie thread bias" of which you speak. And if you did, surely no such bias would exist on this website, now move along.

Edit 3: Okay, so I went searching the site and found this: http://www.tv.com/ask-the-editors/reporting-problem-and-mia-editors/topic/75161-1196701/msgs.html

So the best thing for us to do it to PM andrea, and maybe marc as well.

We'd need a better argument as well for why we'd want a new editor/mod/whatever. Though andrea hasnt been inactive. She does come on the website, but doesnt post here. And if she does step down, its not sure that one of us would get it, marc wold be our best bet

I guess our best argument could include the following:

-The boards are horribly off topic

-there are duplicate topics

-multiple game topics

-Barely any submissions go through, only the names and short summaries of the episodes (probably our best argument)

-sometimes mini fights break lose on the forums

-Other best arguement: what stui typed before that i will not copy and paste: " I submission i sned in like a year ago just got rejected today and she regects my perfectly good submissions just fro no reason"

I agree with everything, and my vote is decided.

teenj12

[31]Mar 28, 2011
    • level: 26
    Thanks everyone . So, we're going to message Andrea? I wonder if she'd reply.

@Stui8:
    You should diffidently think you should report Andrea to the mods for that.

Fireofnature

[32]Mar 28, 2011
    teenj12 wrote:

@Stui8:

I've actually talked briefly to Andrea through PM, her response: "Don't worry, I'm fine! I've been "gone" from this forum for about as long as it's been since I made that last post. I will send you a more detailed reply later today. I've been up since 5 AM and hadn't been on this site in a couple weeks, and randomly decided now was a good time to check in.

I still moderate submissions, but I've long since given up on the iCarly forums, etc."

Haven't heard from her since and it's been quite some time, maybe a month?

ruffmanfan88

[33]Mar 28, 2011
    • level: 12
    I do agree we do need a new editor. Everything is a mess.

pscf3

[34]Mar 28, 2011
    They arent up there because there was a maximum of 5 people in the poll. Votes for others should be send to me in a PM.

Fireofnature wrote:

Hey I am a regular poster, and I know a lot about modding a forum, and I don't see my name up there! XD I'm not worried about it, but you definitely forgot Marc! Yeah, the new mod should be the best choice. I'd say Vanilla, Teen, or Saylavee. I'm leaning more towards Teen the more I read, but Saylavee is good too

Also, I have sent messages, doesn't seem to do a thing. Now if it were me, I'd go into the seddie thread and start some serious modding business in there, cleaning up all the off topic stuff, taking out all the duplicate threads, moving important threads up.

From what I've seen, there is a LOT that needs to be done, a lot of work indeed.

teenj12

[35]Mar 28, 2011
    Fireofnature wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:

@Stui8:

I've actually talked briefly to Andrea through PM, her response: "Don't worry, I'm fine! I've been "gone" from this forum for about as long as it's been since I made that last post. I will send you a more detailed reply later today. I've been up since 5 AM and hadn't been on this site in a couple weeks, and randomly decided now was a good time to check in.

I still moderate submissions, but I've long since given up on the iCarly forums, etc."

Haven't heard from her since and it's been quite some time, maybe a month?
    Yea, I remember you said something about contacting her. Its crazy. Our own "Editor" has given up on the forums. If she's still mad about certain things that happened two years ago...its been TWO YEARS. Either fix up the boards or move on and let a new person moderate. A board without its editor is really dangerous.

pscf3

[36]Mar 28, 2011
    Maybe we should just fix it up the best we can together.

Fireofnature

[37]Mar 28, 2011

A board without an editor turns into...the situation we're already in XD. It's anarchy. Two years ago, that was the whole thing with Dan, I think....an easy, simple mistake and she may be over it, if not, then she's got a lot of damaged pride there... Either way, you're definitely right about that, we need a new editor, and fast. Is it just me or is this turning into mutiny...XD

Edited on 03/28/2011 2:29pm

pscf3

[38]Mar 28, 2011
    Rebellion^^.

Fireofnature

[39]Mar 28, 2011
    I remember in the day when MSkate was a good editor, when everything was golden. My how the mighty have fallen, but we CAN get those days of order restored! We just need to RISE UP and choose our leader! A leader who can rule and will rule swiftly and with a steadfast hand! One who will not let the people down and will free this place of chaos and restore tranquility!

Okay motivation speech over, at least we're taking initiative to get something done. I think Marc should send a letter, if it's at all plausible for him to become editor. But if we're not careful, there seems to be other people under him, like Crzza, who hasn't been here for years. Hell, I can't even remember if he was a "troll" or not...

teenj12

[40]Mar 28, 2011
    Haha! I say both . Anyway, pscf's right. For the time being, we have to work on trying to make the forums better..