We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official " New Editor / Moderator Thread.

Votes for new editor

pscf3

[141]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 16
    It may not be required, but it would be nice.

Now, you see where calm gets you, a stinkin rejection. Now, This Is War!

saylavee wrote:
    It was a calm letter explaining to her what happened, but

THATS NOT IMPORTANT ANYMORE SHE RESPONDED TO ME!!!!!

All she said was "It is not a required duty of an editor to moderate the forums, per TV.com rules."

So, I really don't care anymore, just do what you want
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

saylavee

[142]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 18
    Did i not say only use force if necessary and at that point it wasnt necessary? and that i learned how to spell necessary correctly cuz of this?

well, now its necessary.

teenj12

[143]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 26
    She really gave up the forum....sad.

New plan, ideas?

RomanZolanski

[144]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 12
    At least I found Schilling! I have nothing really to add, I've just been a bystander. But yeah...

He's in the Zoey 101 forums by the way.

teenj12

[145]Apr 3, 2011
    I have to question whether Andrea is in to this show at all. Why Moderate a board when you 1. Aren't interested in the show

2. Don't make attempts to know the users here and participate in discussions (Heck, the users who were here back when she was posting are all long gone now.)

Why editor and take on all these submissions and work your hand if you don't watch the show, Don't make attempts to know the users here, and Are busy in real life?

I hope to God, Marc surpasses and replaces her.

marcdragicevic

[146]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 21
    teenj12 wrote:
    I have to question whether Andrea is in to this show at all. Why Moderate a board when you 1. Aren't interested in the show

2. Don't make attempts to know the users here and participate in discussions (Heck, the users who were here back when she was posting are all long gone now.)

Why editor and take on all these submissions and work your hand if you don't watch the show, Don't make attempts to know the users here, and Are busy in real life?

Hopefully, I'm working on it, but for that to happen; there has to be another 100-200 episodes of iCarly I would have to submit.

pscf3

[147]Apr 3, 2011
    Well, that won't happen. ( the episodes ).

marcdragicevic wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:

Hopefully, I'm working on it, but for that to happen; there has to be another 100-200 episodes of iCarly I would have to submit.

saylavee

[148]Apr 3, 2011

Well, now that I had a night to cool down from my anger over the one sentence reply i got to my long message...

At this point I don't think there is anything we can do. If its not against the rules for her to care about the forum, then so be it. we cant do anything about that other than fix the forums up ourselves. For example, stay on topic, DO NOT POST IN DUPLICATE THREADS EVEN IF TS TO SAY ITS A DUPLICATE THREAD, and no more game threads.

The only thing I can think of it spamming her with submissions. As in, Trivia, Quotes, Allusions, Overview/Recaps, etc. And see if she accepts them. If she doesnt accept them w/o a good reason then there is something we can do.

pscf3

[149]Apr 3, 2011
    We could always try to dig up something illegal she has done in the past.

Fireofnature

[150]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 13
    pscf3 wrote:

Like what? lol. I don't think there's anything to think of.

teenj12

[151]Apr 3, 2011

saylavee wrote:

Well, now that I had a night to cool down from my anger over the one sentence reply i got to my long message...

At this point I don't think there is anything we can do. If its not against the rules for her to care about the forum, then so be it. we cant do anything about that other than fix the forums up ourselves. For example, stay on topic, DO NOT POST IN DUPLICATE THREADS EVEN IF TS TO SAY ITS A DUPLICATE THREAD, and no more game threads.

The only thing I can think of it spamming her with submissions. As in, Trivia, Quotes, Allusions, Overview/Recaps, etc. And see if she accepts them. If she doesnt accept them w/o a good reason then there is something we can do.

I'm still thinking about reporting her to the mods. It may not required for her to edit the boards, but it is expected of her.

Edited on 04/03/2011 1:57pm

saylavee

[152]Apr 3, 2011
    pscf3 wrote:

If that was possible, i think its going a bit to far there.

pscf3

[153]Apr 3, 2011
    @ fireofnature, I have no idea

@ saylavee, I guess, but if we find something it WOULD work.

marcdragicevic

[154]Apr 7, 2011
    saylavee wrote:
    It was a calm letter explaining to her what happened, but

THATS NOT IMPORTANT ANYMORE SHE RESPONDED TO ME!!!!!

All she said was "It is not a required duty of an editor to moderate the forums, per TV.com rules."

So, I really don't care anymore, just do what you want

Oh, I totally forgot. You should mention, that if she only visits the site like once a fornight or so. She should assign a trusted contributor.

Fireofnature

[155]Apr 7, 2011
    Just....

Guys, just leave it alone. Leave it alone now....

I've talked to her, and out of respect, I'm not going to say anything because really there is nothing that anyone here needs to know. Yes, there have been some stuff that contributed to her "Disappearance", definitely not Dan, she doesn't care about that. She isn't going to just 'hand over' her editorship, she doesn't really know anyone and handles the submissions just fine. I suppose if she were to give up her editorship or make someone a trusted contributor, it would have to be one of the veterans that she KNOWS would take care of things.

Everyone here...I guess cutting some slack is definitely needed. We all have reasons for things, and she's got her reasons, and suffice to say, the forums just aren't the foremost thing on her mind anymore.

Yes, I'm defending her, but I'm not necessarily saying that I agree with her decision to hold on to her editorship and not clean the forums, which she would if she really felt like it, but I am saying...I guess it would be best to just let it go. Do not force it, do not threaten it, that will not be a good idea anyway.

Everyone needs to just concentrate on what we CAN do, let Marc do ALL submissions since he's closest to the editor position, maybe I can talk her into getting on to submit when he submits. We have struck up a friendship, and talking briefly about tv.com we've come to the conclusion of basically what I just said, she's not going to just give up the editor position. Pride, I think, that and she has reservations about that.

If it is really that troublesome, then let's all move over to the forum community that Teen has made, THAT would be the best thing to do. Just, as for here, leave things be. Try to make sure boards STAY ON TOPIC, make sure people don't break the rules, do what you can...

marcdragicevic

[156]Apr 7, 2011
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Just....

I've talked to her, and out of respect, I'm not going to say anything because really there is nothing that anyone here needs to know. Yes, there have been some stuff that contributed to her "Disappearance", definitely not Dan, she doesn't care about that. She isn't going to just 'hand over' her editorship, she doesn't really know anyone and handles the submissions just fine. I suppose if she were to give up her editorship or make someone a trusted contributor, it would have to be one of the veterans that she KNOWS would take care of things.

Everyone here...I guess cutting some slack is definitely needed. We all have reasons for things, and she's got her reasons, and suffice to say, the forums just aren't the foremost thing on her mind anymore.

Yes, I'm defending her, but I'm not necessarily saying that I agree with her decision to hold on to her editorship and not clean the forums, which she would if she really felt like it, but I am saying...I guess it would be best to just let it go. Do not force it, do not threaten it, that will not be a good idea anyway.

Everyone needs to just concentrate on what we CAN do, let Marc do ALL submissions since he's closest to the editor position, maybe I can talk her into getting on to submit when he submits. We have struck up a friendship, and talking briefly about tv.com we've come to the conclusion of basically what I just said, she's not going to just give up the editor position. Pride, I think, that and she has reservations about that.

If it is really that troublesome, then let's all move over to the forum community that Teen has made, THAT would be the best thing to do. Just, as for here, leave things be. Try to make sure boards STAY ON TOPIC, make sure people don't break the rules, do what you can...

Fair enough, I do agree in some ways. She still visits the site every so often, but I forgot how she is a uni student still. iCarly will be finished soon probably, season 5 (tv), season 4 (production) will be the last season probably).

pscf3

[157]Apr 8, 2011
    So it's agreed, we do what we can do ourselves.

teenj12

[158]Apr 8, 2011
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Just....

She hasn't 'tried' to 'know' us. What'd she think would happen when she left for 2 yrs. If her editorship isn't the foremost thing on her mind anymore, she really needs to go. Out of respect for you FoN, I'll let her be.. for now.

This thread can be used however to solve issues with the board. Right now, everything is pretty ok .

Fireofnature

[159]Apr 8, 2011
    teenj12 wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Just....

She hasn't 'tried' to 'know' us. What'd she think would happen when she left for 2 yrs. If her editorship isn't the foremost thing on her mind anymore, she really needs to go. Out of respect for you FoN, I'll let her be.. for now.

This thread can be used however to solve issues with the board. Right now, everything is pretty ok .

I'd say more out of respect for her, rather than me, but either way, you shouldn't try to judge somebody. She may have perfectly good reasons.

Look at me, I vanished for two years because I got into a relationship with somebody who became controlling, manipulative, abusive, etc etc...and I have a hard time even admitting that...I don't even tell people EVERYTHING. The whole thing made me wary, when I finally got out of that situation and got back here. I browsed these forums for the longest time, never saying anything, holding back.

iCarly was dead to me, thanks to my ex, thanks to her mother. WRITING had become dead to me, my "bouncing back" story got me back, but I still can't really write Seddie anymore, just...too much, and I don't bother trying to explain it. Seddie became dead to me.

You know, it took a LOT of courage for me to even say anything. I didn't know a lot of you guys anymore, a lot of the old people I was familiar with...gone, so I was afraid. I was afraid of not being accepted. Hell, I think if not for the fact that PCSF was one of the old ones that I remembered, then I might never have come back. Just faded away...

You never know what reasons people might have, you never know what people might cling to. I clung to some of those old people, or some of the old threads here in order to hold that sense of familiarity. I NEEDED familiarity in order to gain comfort. Right now, MSkate is at least looking at submissions, that's important. I can tell she's accepting, she just accepted one of my submissions for the Pity the Nevel episode...so who knows, if you give her time, MAYBE she'll ease back into the forums, or maybe not. Who really knows? Nobody can predict the future and nobody can read into anybody's minds.

So definitely, thank you for understanding , and so far, yes, everything is okay on the forums. Nothing's getting out of control, nothing's chaotic at all. Everything's decent...

Fireofnature

[160]Apr 8, 2011
    teenj12 wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Just....

I'd say more out of respect for her, rather than me, but either way, you shouldn't try to judge somebody. She may have perfectly good reasons.

Look at me, I vanished for two years because I got into a relationship with somebody who became controlling, manipulative, abusive, etc etc...and I have a hard time even admitting that...I don't even tell people EVERYTHING. The whole thing made me wary, when I finally got out of that situation and got back here. I browsed these forums for the longest time, never saying anything, holding back.

iCarly was dead to me, thanks to my ex, thanks to her mother. WRITING had become dead to me, my "bouncing back" story got me back, but I still can't really write Seddie anymore, just...too much, and I don't bother trying to explain it. Seddie became dead to me.

You know, it took a LOT of courage for me to even say anything. I didn't know a lot of you guys anymore, a lot of the old people I was familiar with...gone, so I was afraid. I was afraid of not being accepted. Hell, I think if not for the fact that PCSF was one of the old ones that I remembered, then I might never have come back. Just faded away...

You never know what reasons people might have, you never know what people might cling to. I clung to some of those old people, or some of the old threads here in order to hold that sense of familiarity. I NEEDED familiarity in order to gain comfort. Right now, MSkate is at least looking at submissions, that's important. I can tell she's accepting, she just accepted one of my submissions for the Pity the Nevel episode...so who knows, if you give her time, MAYBE she'll ease back into the forums, or maybe not. Who really knows? Nobody can predict the future and nobody can read into anybody's minds.

So definitely, thank you for understanding , and so far, yes, everything is okay on the forums. Nothing's getting out of control, nothing's chaotic at all. Everything's decent...