We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official " New Editor / Moderator Thread.

Votes for new editor

pscf3

[1]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 16

Obviously, we need a new editor. Even though there is nothing we can do as of now, teenj12 suggested that we create this thread to come up with ideas.

Edited on 03/27/2011 4:40pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

saylavee

[2]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 18
    I nominate every regular poster. Which would be, as of now since people have disappeared and now reappeared because of iOMG: teenj, pscf, sockstar, VC, jegolas (even though he only posts in that one forum) and myself.

teenj12

[3]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 26
    Okay, while waiting for our voices to be heard, we can all still come up with some ideas to make the forum better while trying to do what we can to get a new editor.

Any suggestions?

saylavee

[4]Mar 27, 2011
    Suggestions:

Lock any duplicate threads, sticky the seddie and creddie threads, keep the seddie thread on topic, limit the number of game threads (though i love em, we have like 4 xD)

pscf3

[5]Mar 27, 2011
    Can we lock or make threads sticky ourselves, or does the moderator have to do that?

saylavee

[6]Mar 27, 2011
    Mod only

vanillacupcakes

[7]Mar 27, 2011
    I agree with Saylavee on the nominations. Should we set up a poll?? Also should we keep the Seddie thread strictly on topic and stick to going off topic in the iRamble thread?

saylavee

[8]Mar 27, 2011
    that would be nice ^^

pscf would need to add the poll into the topic for us to do that.

and whoever does this needs to be able to get on, know what to lock/delete/sticky/whatever. And have a good sense of grammar and spelling cuz you'd be in charge of the icarly part of tv.com in general so you'd have to approve entries and such (which is all i think andreamskate does)

...okay i'll stop posting every other post now...its obvious i'm avoiding homework isnt it?

teenj12

[9]Mar 27, 2011
    Nice ideas guys. So, pscf, see if you can edit your first post and add in a poll.

So, one of the problems I see being discussed, not just now but in recent weeks, is Off Topic-ness in the Seddie Thread.
    Lets discuss the pro's and the con's.

Cons:
    - It is against tv.com rules
    - Some of the board's memebers have expressed annoyance of it.

Pros:
    - There is actually less of a chance of a shipping war breaking out if we're off topic.
    - We can all socialize with eachother and get to know one another.
    - Some people don't use the off-topic thread so they go off topic in the Seddie thread.

So, I guess there's more pro's than cons? Anyone else got anymore pro's or cons?

teenj12

[10]Mar 27, 2011
    saylavee wrote:
    that would be nice ^^

pscf would need to add the poll into the topic for us to do that.

and whoever does this needs to be able to get on, know what to lock/delete/sticky/whatever. And have a good sense of grammar and spelling cuz you'd be in charge of the icarly part of tv.com in general so you'd have to approve entries and such (which is all i think andreamskate does)

...okay i'll stop posting every other post now...its obvious i'm avoiding homework isnt it?

Yea, being an editor would take a a lot of work...and time on tv.com. I think most of us are mature enough to handle it. Most editors take care of enrtries(trivia, notes, quotes) weekly, like one day out the week, usually on like Friday, at least I've heard. Oh and, good luck on your homework ^_^ .

RomanZolanski

[11]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 12
    saylavee wrote:
    I nominate every regular poster. Which would be, as of now since people have disappeared and now reappeared because of iOMG: teenj, pscf, sockstar, VC, jegolas (even though he only posts in that one forum) and myself.

LOL I post here everyday, but whatever.

stui8

[12]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 30

I'm the editor of a few shows its not that hard. But i agree we need a new one. I submission i sned in like a year ago just got rejected today and she regects my perfectly good submissions just fro no reason.....

teenj12

[13]Mar 27, 2011
    stui8 wrote:

I'm the editor of a few shows its not that hard. But i agree we need a new one. I submission i sned in like a year ago just got rejected today and she regects my perfectly good submissions just fro no reason.....

Are you serious?

pscf3

[14]Mar 27, 2011
    Sorry, I've been at my grandmas who doesn't have wifi. The poll should be up soon.

Anyway, do y'all know that the seddie thread only has 13 pages left till it reaches it's maximum length? We will have to create a new thread to replace it soon.

pscf3

[15]Mar 27, 2011
    Poll is up, but there was a maximum of 5 on the poll, so votes for sockstar, roman, or anyone else, just post "I vote for ___".

Also, if Andrea were to quit, marcdracigeic( how do you spell it?) would officially become editor.

frontman19

[16]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 14

Yeah I've been totally ignored too, but that's ok. I don't think we should take a thread into our own hands, it is against the rules of the site and I don't even think anyone has a power to just become moderator without tv.com approval.

saylavee

[17]Mar 27, 2011
    Sorry frontman and roman, i just typed the names that popped in my head right away i still ♥ you guys

But marc hasnt posted in awhile whoever wins has to somehow get A LOT of point quickly : /

And about the seddie thread. I've seen some go past the maximum. Its weird some do some dont. Either way the second one should NOT go off topic.

vanillacupcakes

[18]Mar 27, 2011
    Marcdracigeic and Andrea haven't been on anymore, and the forum has been a bit hectic. You and frontman make a good point though, it's not even allowed. However, they haven't been doing anything to control the forum. Things ran much more smoothly when they have been here.

If we do the voting thing, for the fill-in votes maybe we should do this via PM(it would go to pscf3 since he is running this particular thread). That way it would be anonymous. However, it looks like my vote will be seen since I will be the first. I'm voting even if we don't get a new moderator.

Oh my gosh Roman, I was about to nominate you. Frontman would also do well as a moderator, I just forgot because I'm always checking the Seddie thread when both of you post more in the other threads. #bias

saylavee

[19]Mar 27, 2011

frontman19 wrote:

Yeah I've been totally ignored too, but that's ok. I don't think we should take a thread into our own hands, it is against the rules of the site and I don't even think anyone has a power to just become moderator without tv.com approval.

And yeah we can't and we don't have the right or power. But at least we can figuer out who should try to get a lot of points quickly and then try to get andrea to quit so we can keep ourselves in line.

And who else is guna take it into their hands if no one posts here anymore?

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Marcdracigeic and Andrea haven't been on anymore, and the forum has been a bit hectic. You and frontman make a good point though, it's not even allowed. However, they haven't been doing anything to control the forum. Things ran much more smoothly when they have been here. If we do the voting thing, for the fill-in votes maybe we should do this via PM(it would go to pscf3 since he is running this particular thread). That way it would be anonymous. However, it looks like my vote will be seen since I will be the first. I'm voting even if we don't get a new moderator. Oh my gosh Roman, I was about to nominate you. Frontman would also do well as a moderator, I just forgot because I'm always checking the Seddie thread when both of you post more in the other threads. #bias

I know you guys won't get this but you forced me to say:

Bias, what bias? I do not know of this "Seddie thread bias" of which you speak. And if you did, surely no such bias would exist on this website, now move along.

Edit 3: Okay, so I went searching the site and found this: http://www.tv.com/ask-the-editors/reporting-problem-and-mia-editors/topic/75161-1196701/msgs.html

So the best thing for us to do it to PM andrea, and maybe marc as well.

We'd need a better argument as well for why we'd want a new editor/mod/whatever. Though andrea hasnt been inactive. She does come on the website, but doesnt post here. And if she does step down, its not sure that one of us would get it, marc wold be our best bet

I guess our best argument could include the following:

-The boards are horribly off topic

-there are duplicate topics

-multiple game topics

-Barely any submissions go through, only the names and short summaries of the episodes (probably our best argument)

-sometimes mini fights break lose on the forums

-Other best arguement: what stui typed before that i will not copy and paste: " I submission i sned in like a year ago just got rejected today and she regects my perfectly good submissions just fro no reason"

Edited on 03/27/2011 6:13pm
    Edited 2 total times.

RomanZolanski

[20]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 12
    saylavee wrote:
    Sorry frontman and roman, i just typed the names that popped in my head right away i still ♥ you guys

But marc hasnt posted in awhile whoever wins has to somehow get A LOT of point quickly : /

And about the seddie thread. I've seen some go past the maximum. Its weird some do some dont. Either way the second one should NOT go off topic.

LOL no no, it's ok, I'm actually not even the slightest bit upset! Lawl, it just got me laughing a bit, aha.