We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iWill Date Freddie" Discussion

jkxbox360

[21]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 15
    For those of you who missed it, it will re-air again tonight at 7:30 PM EST.

(I don't watch the Saturday premiere because I am normally out, but I always catch it on Sunday! I did see the series premiere on Saturday though lol!)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Drew0313

[22]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 12
    07MurphyM wrote:

Did anyone else notice that carly and sam used the word "Skunkbag"?

yup, obvious reference to the Drake and Josh episode "The Affair"

tvaddict_10

[23]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 59
    How well do you guys think this episode did in the ratings considering it was up against a new Hannah Montana? I hope it did good.

twinsthatrule

[24]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 11
    It aired? When?

RavenFreak120

[25]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 21
    This episode aired tonight and last night. Courtesy of jsparrowgirl for giving me this, you can view it on TurboNick (by going to the Buzz link and clicking on Carly) or it's available on iTunes for $1.99. I hope this helps!

nicesweetgirl36

[26]Nov 11, 2007
    Drew0313 wrote:
    07MurphyM wrote:

Did anyone else notice that carly and sam used the word "Skunkbag"?

yup, obvious reference to the Drake and Josh episode "The Affair"

The word "Skunkbag" was also said by Zoey in the episode Chase's Girlfriend of Zoey 101.

Edited on 11/11/2007 8:03pm

Cenafan777

[28]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 6
    i loved the wedgie! i bet it was real. the best recent Nick wedgie, right up there with the Bros Garcia wedgie. I guess that they do read stuff on the site because i sent in something about sam giving Freddie a wedgie & here it is!!! i wonder what else i could get her to do to him lmao!

TropicalMoon

[29]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 3
    My favorite episode so far. The Sam and Freddie bickering was so funny. Especially the wedgie.

SioBleu

[30]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 6
    Loved this episode!!! Major Seddie moments in this one!!! I thought it was cute that Freddie cared about Sam thought with the whole technical producer recognition thing. He seems to care ALOT about what Sam thinks of him!!! Sam and Freddie hugging then Sam giving him a wedgie is similar to Lilly resting her head on Oliver's shoulder then saying he smelled like "wet monkey". They give us a touching, sweet moment and then followed closely by comedy to ease the romantic tension. It's cool. I loved it. I honestly believe that Sam has feelings for Freddie since she was the only one that had a problem with Valerie dating Freddie. Even Carly was cool with it. Who else thought Freddie's Mom needs to back off and quit treating Freddie like such a baby? I mean, did you check the outfit she picked out for him? Random. And trying to force Carly to date her son? Creepy. And the whole hairdryer scenario? Can you say "suffocating"? As if Sam didn't have enough ammo to use against Freddie to insult him. Despite all this, I really loved this episode. Esp the Spencer moments. He's too cute.

JSparrowGirl

[31]Nov 12, 2007

SioBleu wrote:
    Loved this episode!!! Major Seddie moments in this one!!! I thought it was cute that Freddie cared about Sam thought with the whole technical producer recognition thing. He seems to care ALOT about what Sam thinks of him!!! Sam and Freddie hugging then Sam giving him a wedgie is similar to Lilly resting her head on Oliver's shoulder then saying he smelled like "wet monkey". They give us a touching, sweet moment and then followed closely by comedy to ease the romantic tension. It's cool. I loved it. I honestly believe that Sam has feelings for Freddie since she was the only one that had a problem with Valerie dating Freddie. Even Carly was cool with it. Who else thought Freddie's Mom needs to back off and quit treating Freddie like such a baby? I mean, did you check the outfit she picked out for him? Random. And trying to force Carly to date her son? Creepy. And the whole hairdryer scenario? Can you say "suffocating"? As if Sam didn't have enough ammo to use against Freddie to insult him. Despite all this, I really loved this episode. Esp the Spencer moments. He's too cute.

agree with all of the above!

cokane12

[32]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 4
    I thought that the episode was a good idea. I just didn't like how Freddie came back so easily. I guess I was thinking that there would be a different outcome, like Carly and Sam would have to show Freddie proof ofValerie lying and stuff. I'm sure the next time I watch the episode it will be better though. It's always good to see the episode twice incase you miss something the first time...it happens to me a lot!

JusticeLeaguer

[33]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 61
    One of the worst episodes yet.

tvaddict_10

[35]Nov 12, 2007
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:

You gotta be kidding right? This episode was great!!!

ifreddie

[36]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 1
    This is my favorite episode. I loved the wedgie part! He was like "She just gave me a wedgie!" It seemed real, I bet it was! Does anyone know if they used briefs for the wedgie? Most shows don't anymore.

JusticeLeaguer

[37]Nov 12, 2007
    tvaddict_10 wrote:
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:

You gotta be kidding right? This episode was great!

Yeah, I'm serious. It was predictable and I really don't like having a 'relationship' trying to start in the first 10 episodes of the series. It's just so cliched and stupid.

~I like the show but it was almost as if a fan wrote the episode (which isn't a compliment).

tvaddict_10

[38]Nov 12, 2007
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    tvaddict_10 wrote:
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:

Yeah, I'm serious. It was predictable and I really don't like having a 'relationship' trying to start in the first 10 episodes of the series. It's just so cliched and stupid.

~I like the show but it was almost as if a fan wrote the episode (which isn't a compliment).

It wasn't predictable for me. I thought Carly was gonna agree to go out with Freddie just so he can still be the technical producer for their show. And lots of other unpredictable things happened. I still don't understand why you didn't like the episode but I respect your opinion.

cokane12

[39]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 4

JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    tvaddict_10 wrote:
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    Yeah, I'm serious. It was predictable and I really don't like having a 'relationship' trying to start in the first 10 episodes of the series. It's just so cliched and stupid. ~I like the show but it was almost as if a fan wrote the episode (which isn't a compliment).

Do you really think a relationship was trying to start? If they did do a relationship, it would kind of ruin ICarly. I didn't see anything in this episode that really stuck out and said that there was a relationship about to begin? People take things the wrong way sometimes with tv shows. I think it's funny how Freddie has a crush on Carly and how Sam just rips on him. I really hope that they just leave them all as friends. The series would be better off, in my opinion.

Edited on 11/12/2007 9:18pm

JusticeLeaguer

[40]Nov 13, 2007
    cokane12 wrote:

JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    tvaddict_10 wrote:
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    Yeah, I'm serious. It was predictable and I really don't like having a 'relationship' trying to start in the first 10 episodes of the series. It's just so cliched and stupid. ~I like the show but it was almost as if a fan wrote the episode (which isn't a compliment).

Do you really think a relationship was trying to start? If they did do a relationship, it would kind of ruin ICarly. I didn't see anything in this episode that really stuck out and said that there was a relationship about to begin? People take things the wrong way sometimes with tv shows. I think it's funny how Freddie has a crush on Carly and how Sam just rips on him. I really hope that they just leave them all as friends. The series would be better off, in my opinion.

~By relationship parts in the episode, I mean the different interactions with Sam and Freddie. I don't like them as a couple (I don't like anyone as a couple in this show) and I just feel that different parts in the episode were forcing that relationship. Does that make sense?

tvaddict_10 wrote:
    It wasn't predictable for me. I thought Carly was gonna agree to go out with Freddie just so he can still be the technical producer for their show. And lots of other unpredictable things happened. I still don't understand why you didn't like the episode but I respect your opinion.

By predictable I mean the plot line. Person gets girlfriend/boyfriend for the first time // Friend/friends of 1st person find out that the bf/gf is using or cheating on 1st person // 1st person and friends fight and they make up. That format is used so much on sitcoms and I don't know... I think that was my main problem with the episode. Part of it feels rushed too (mainly the end when Freddie returns and explains that he believes sam and carly). Does that make sense more? Other than that, the episode was fine but those parts just made it not the best episode.