We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iParty With Victorious" TV-MOVIE Episode Discussion

Fireofnature

[21]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 13
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

"You look a lot like that Shelby Marx girl" with a response of "Yeah, I get that a lot"?

And yet nobody comments on the whole Andre/Harper thing (which would make more sense considering the music thing). I'm pretty sure nobody will be all that concerned, it's just an actor playing a different person. It would be almost like Taylor Swift having been Shelby Marx, basically. In the iCarly world, Shelby Marx and Tori will likely "look nothing alike". People annoy me, they act like it's the first time in history that the same actor/actress has played two different characters on a show or in a play. Hell, in my high school theatre class, I was in romeo and juliet as a scribe or something while also a villager, and none of them said "Hey, weren't you just that villager carrying a bunch of sticks around?"

No, because in the world of acting two separate characters are just that, separate characters who are nothing alike. If somebody honestly commented and said "hey you look like such and such" it would be severely breaking the fourth wall. Believe me, it would.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RomanZolanski

[22]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 12
    I forget where I read it, but I vaguely remember Dan saying that the iCarly gang WON'T be comparing Tori to Shelby. IMO when shows do that, it's great, but having it done in this crossover would be tacky.

teenj12

[23]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 26

Fireofnature wrote:
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

"You look a lot like that Shelby Marx girl" with a response of "Yeah, I get that a lot"?

And yet nobody comments on the whole Andre/Harper thing (which would make more sense considering the music thing). I'm pretty sure nobody will be all that concerned, it's just an actor playing a different person. It would be almost like Taylor Swift having been Shelby Marx, basically. In the iCarly world, Shelby Marx and Tori will likely "look nothing alike". People annoy me, they act like it's the first time in history that the same actor/actress has played two different characters on a show or in a play. Hell, in my high school theatre class, I was in romeo and juliet as a scribe or something while also a villager, and none of them said "Hey, weren't you just that villager carrying a bunch of sticks around?" No, because in the world of acting two separate characters are just that, separate characters who are nothing alike. If somebody honestly commented and said "hey you look like such and such" it would be severely breaking the fourth wall. Believe me, it would.

idk, that doeess happen in r/l.

Fireofnature

[24]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 13
    Yeah in real life, but not on a television show. It's just not going to happen.

vanillacupcakes

[25]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 16
    FireofNature wrote:
    If somebody honestly commented and said "hey you look like such and such" it would be severely breaking the fourth wall. Believe me, it would.

I agree completely, but I really Dan would end up doing that, just because of the videos on iCarly.com where they just have to mention it. I thought I heard Dan say they'd mention Shelby Marx once or something, right?? THAT is what bugs me. If they don't mention it, I'll be pleased. I don't think Daniella or Leon Thomas will get a mention...or else it could turn into one of those schilling fics *shudders*. I do think of them as being physically similar, but different characters with different personalities. I really think that type of "look" is Freddie's type, so to me it would make sense. "What's up with you and brunettes in skirts?" "I like them!" I decided not to take the iCarly blogs seriously for my own sake. It avoids the plot holes.

Whoever was talking about how good looking Victoria Justice is, I agree. Both casts are good looking though, and it feels Dan loves complimenting his main characters. Tori has high cheekbones, "That Carly girl is really pretty", "She's smokin' hot", blahblahblah. In the words of Spencer "Okay, we're all super attractive here". We get it. I can't think right now because there are iOMG sneak peeks waiting to be watched.

pscf3

[26]Apr 8, 2011
    Andre and Harper have almost the exact same personalities.

teenj12

[27]Apr 8, 2011
    pscf3 wrote:
    Andre and Harper have almost the exact same personalities.

Lol, right? .

ilivelovemusic

[28]Apr 9, 2011
    • level: 5
    Hey in the opening credits, the last scene shows the main cast singing with the colourful glowing mics... Do you think thats in IPWV? Or is it possibly in iOMG because I remember them in the screen shots and Dan mentions the use of them in the episode. And just as a seddie shipper Id like to point out that Freddie has his arm around Sam But now back to just as a neutral person... Its probably nothing hahaha

teenj12

[29]Apr 9, 2011
    ilivelovemusic wrote:
    Hey in the opening credits, the last scene shows the main cast singing with the colourful glowing mics... Do you think thats in IPWV? Or is it possibly in iOMG because I remember them in the screen shots and Dan mentions the use of them in the episode. And just as a seddie shipper Id like to point out that Freddie has his arm around Sam But now back to just as a neutral person... Its probably nothing hahaha

Lol..hmm..

Ulrich22

[30]Apr 9, 2011
    • level: 25

Promo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwJW8k8u0A

killerband55

[31]Apr 9, 2011

thats a weird plotline for a crossover episode, oh whatever, i get to see the cast of Victorious on iCarly, cant wait til June

vanillacupcakes

[32]Apr 9, 2011

ilivelovemusic wrote:

I noticed that too. My guess is that Dan reused the microphones for iPWV. The last scene of the opening credits is usually not from an actual episode. It's the cast fooling around, so it would be more of a Nathan/Jennette friendship moment. You remember the old opening credits from iGAHR when they were jumping around with the fans?? That was filmed during iOMG, because they're wearing those same outfits they wore during the second scene(the webshow scene).

I kind of like the plot for this. I just don't know if a 1.5 hr episode of this would bore me or drag out too much. We shall see.

teenj12

[33]Apr 9, 2011
    Not liking the Make It Shin/Leave it All To Me mash up. Its as thrown together as Dancing Crazy.

KJLwriter

[34]Apr 9, 2011
    • level: 8
    This episode looks interesting. I can't wait! I love both shows and think it will be fun with both casts coming together to make one show.

ilivelovemusic

[35]Apr 10, 2011
    All I know from the episode is that Tori and Carly end up dating one dude at the same time. The dudes name being 'Stephen Carson' I dont know the actor who plays him though. And im guessing they make up in the end... probably having a little revenge first. Oh and Kenan Tompson is guest starring! Wee! And they have a sing/rap off. Anyone else know anything? This premiers on June 10... So when do you think Season5 will begin? o.o

hurr05

[36]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 10

i'll be looking forward to seeing how sam reacts to cat XD

teenj12

[37]Apr 10, 2011
    hurr05 wrote:

Lol, Sam would HATE her!

ilivelovemusic

[38]Apr 10, 2011

teenj12 wrote:
    hurr05 wrote:

Lol, Sam would HATE her!
    xD Or be amused and take advantage of her lack of IQ. LMAO

Edited on 04/10/2011 10:44pm

hurr05

[39]Apr 11, 2011
    • level: 10

ilivelovemusic wrote:

teenj12 wrote:
    hurr05 wrote:

Lol, Sam would HATE her!

probably take advantage of her and make her run errands for her

teenj12

[40]Apr 11, 2011
    hurr05 wrote:

ilivelovemusic wrote:

teenj12 wrote:
    hurr05 wrote:

Lol, Sam would HATE her!

probably take advantage of her and make her run errands for her

Lol, i didn't think about it that way .