We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iLove You" Discussion Thread

83optics

[81]Sep 24, 2011
    • level: 6

learned:

* wendy?

* so many undertones with the babysitter/sittee dynamic, my brain hurts

* i guess the geico duck wasn't available...

* you could see the "#2" joke coming, but i still laughed at it when it came

* why rush it? don't break up until you use up all those benefits

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vanillacupcakes

[82]Sep 24, 2011
    • level: 16

I didn't see the episode but i JUST saw the last scene on tumblr.

fghowerjlkdOIJ BEST SCENE EVER.

Hehe, I'll comment something of value when I actually see the whole thing.

KJLwriter

[83]Sep 24, 2011
    • level: 8
    @83optics, don't you mean the Aflac duck? I liked the episode. It was good.

charmed4eva112

[84]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 20
    That was a great episode. Probably my favourite yet. I think it was right for Sam and Freddie to break up, but I love the implication that they probably will get back together in the future. I also couldn't help but love Spencer's subplot. But Gibby's? Didn't like it. It felt like they were forcing a storyline on Gibby as a second thought.

UnovaChampion

[85]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 19
    What?! YOU DIDN'T LIKE GIBBY AND THE DUCK? *slaps you* You have no taste...

83optics

[86]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 6

KJLwriter wrote:
    @83optics, don't you mean the Aflac duck? I liked the episode. It was good.

yes, you're correct i knew there was something off about that when i wrote it, i have to not rush through these things so much and double-check my references. thanks!

wallflower07

[87]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 7

think Sam can do better then freddie he never thinks about some of the things he said to her about them dating again if she gets more normal.He just doesn't try to make feel good about herself which sam really nedd cause so few people do that.

KJLwriter

[88]Sep 25, 2011
    I really liked this episode. It was funny. Freddie's club was so funny. Those people remind me a couple of people I see everyday. I didn't want them to break up, but it kind of made you think they got back together though.

KJLwriter

[89]Sep 25, 2011
    Oh, and @83optics, yeah, I was looking at it and was like, "No.....Geico doesn't have a duck. It's Aflac." It's okay though.

MusicAddictBabe

[91]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 18
    After I saw this, I was left mind-blown. It was sort of depressing. But semi-sweet at the same time (like, when they said, "I love you," to each other). And I sort of agree with the whole "Freddie needed to watch what he said" thing. But for a somewhat different reason. I just felt like when he said some of the more blunt things, it was kind of unnatural. Like, when Freddie said, "It's not your fault. Carly's the one who told us to try things together." That still means "It's not completely your fault...you did have some help." It felt like one of those episodes that could be taken more serious/dramatic, but it's still a comedy so they have to make jokes about things to lighten the mood or whatever and the producers weren't necessarily analyzing it that much. Kind of like iSYL in a way (on that note, at least).

tigerdude22

[92]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 43
    It was SURPRISINGLY excellent. I was expecting an awful episode since Season 5 has been unwatchable lately but this episode actually gave me some laughs. Not to sound mean but I'm super glad that Sam and Freddie broke up because they honestly have NO chemistry in my eyes at least.

UnovaChampion

[93]Sep 25, 2011
    Agreed, Sam torturing Freddie doesn't mean shipping time. Sam tortures Gibby too, so where are the freaking Sibbiers?

pscf3

[94]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 16
    Not bad. So they broke up, or did they?

Very iSYL like, though.

And Katy, if you ever read this, Creddie is back in the race, IMO. Although, the sincere I Love You'd put seddie still a little bit ahead,

( please don't "answer" the first line. I was trying to sound mysterious as if the didnt make it obvious. . )

hurr05

[95]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 10

I saw that coming. I totally called them breaking up when they went on the elevator together, just like Carly and Freddie did. So I guess NEITHER of them is right for him

But it was still an amazing episode. I LOVED when he said "I love you". because that's saying so, so much.

chicamusica12

[96]Sep 26, 2011
    • level: 13
    Carly's lines and Seddie's reaction to em made me think of the Creddies here

Are you sure you're not trying to turn whatever little thing you have into a boyfriend/girlfriend connection?

The Creddiers form a few months ago would be having a party when they heard their opinion voiced in canon lol

Fireofnature

[97]Sep 26, 2011
    • level: 13
    Nah, their opinion was that Carly needs to snatch up Freddie either immediately after, or just before, his break up with Sam, and screw her feelings whatsoever.

MusicAddictBabe

[98]Sep 26, 2011
    • level: 18
    Maybe neither of them really is good for Freddie. Like, maybe Dan did this whole thing just to get all the crazy Creddiers and Seddiers to take it easy a little bit. I feel like with this arc thing and iSYL, he made them to show what would happen if Freddie dated either girl. And that's what ended up happening. IMO.

charmed4eva112

[99]Sep 26, 2011
    • level: 20
    I don't know. It's possible that Dan DID initially give both couples a chance but obviously since he can't predict the audience's reaction, he had to film a certain number of episodes with Seddie together and then broke them up just in case the reaction wasn't what he expected. (Personally, I think he should have given Carly and Freddie a couple of more episodes of dating to even this all out...and I'm not even a Creddie fan). However, I felt like Seddie has a much more likely chance of happening again than Creddie. DON'T YELL AT ME CREDDIE FANS! Here's why: the ending that Dan gave Sam and Freddie was very much open ended. Even though they're broken up, they still both admitted their feelings, which means that both clearly care about each other a lot and they simply can't go back to hating each other. There's no way that they can go back to normal without making them OOC, as they are now friends (even more than friends). Freddie admitted that he loves Sam and Sam told him the exact same. So, for me, this is just a sign that they will possibly get back together at some point. Also, the fact that Freddie and Sam both mentioned that they would wait until they were both ready for a relationship.

But for Creddie, Carly admitted herself that maybe she developed false feelings for him because he saved her life. She kissed him on the cheek and that was that. I believe there was a mention of maybe trying it again in the future but I think that was mostly just to appease the fans. It didn't seem genuine enough and they started their relationship under false pretense IMO. It's not to say that they're hopeless and should never get together (because I feel they should give it one more chance to see if it could actually go somewhere and if the feelings are real). I just don't think they would ever truly get back together, as they are better friends than anything.

UnovaChampion

[100]Sep 26, 2011
    Dan got his ratings and now everything will go back to status quo. I highly doubt the events of these episodes will be mentioned anytime soon by the gang, if at all. It happened after the Creddie dating episode and Seddie is no different. This time Dan just made it last a few more episodes to get more out of it. Neither will happen in the end, instead...

SamxGibby

FreddiexValerie

CarlyxBrad (or some other boring one off guy she only likes for their looks)

Or no relationships at all. Now let's get back to the comedy people and ignore the false hope Dan is giving for either pairing.