We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iLove You" Discussion Thread

chicamusica12

[101]Sep 26, 2011
    • level: 13
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Nah, their opinion was that Carly needs to snatch up Freddie either immediately after, or just before, his break up with Sam, and screw her feelings whatsoever.

That was ONE of their opinions. Seriously, how did you miss the Seddiers getting harped on because they're seeing "hints" that aren't there. I've read countless posts online by Creddiers saying that although a Seddie love hate friendship is more believable, this whole "they're in love thing" is what the Seddiers are forcing on it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fireofnature

[102]Sep 26, 2011
    • level: 13
    True chica, true. And Unova, Freddie/Valerie? Really? XD

Actually I could see it happening IF Valerie were to openly seek out Freddie, truly be apologetic for her actions before and wanting Freddie to give her another chance to get to know each other. So I could see it happening that way, if it did, it could work.

hurr05

[103]Sep 26, 2011
    • level: 10

so now what the hell is supposed to happen with icarly????

Diamondgrl13

[104]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 6

I actually really liked this episode. And I was really impressed with how well they dealt with the whole breaking-up thing. Because, I mean, ok, I know not everyone's going to agree with this, but obviously this relationship just couldn't last. I mean, I personally think they're totally ADORABLE together, but just the fact that it's a Nick show and everything, they're just not going to be likely to have a long-lasting relationship. And I think it would mess with the dynamic of the show too much to keep the main characters in a relationship with each other. But I'm really glad they did it because otherwise everyone would be left wondering. And the way that it "ended" (and yes, I think it's a little debate-able at this point whether they really do END it) was super cute and in-character for them, while also showing some serious character development. I was impressed. Good job Dan! I especially loved the way she was all "but I'm still gonna tell people I dumped your nerdy butt" or whatever she said...and the way she said "I love you too" back to him...totally adorable! I'm a little torn about the whole "wanna breakup at midnight instead?" thing because it's a little weird to be like "oh, we're breaking up because we don't really click, but we're gonna go make-out in our best friend's elevator/apartment for an hr and a half first and THEN break up" lol. But then the little fan-girl in me thinks it was TOTALLY adorable, and yes, I DID back that whole scene up and watch it several times! haha. And I personally think that neither one of them was totally sure they wanted to break up. I think they just felt like they didn't know what else to do. Kinda like breaking up was the easiest way to deal with their issues as a couple...or NOT deal with them. But I really think they'll get back together at the very end of the series. Or at least I kinda hope so. They should at least revisit the idea. Then again, I still say Freddie and Carly should revisit the topic of them being together after the whole iSaved Your Life thing. Not that I want THEM together..I totally don't think they "click" like that..but I think it should at least be brought up and ended "officially", like once-and-for-all. I don't see that happening though. Or Melanie returning, even though I would SOOOOO love that!! I really really REALLY wish THAT was the "sequel" episode they were making, and not the crazy chicken-owning, iCarly hostage chick. She creeped me out. First (and ONLY) time I actually thought I might stop watching the show if they kept going in that sort of direction. I REALLY wish they would do another episode with Melanie though!!!! Anyone think that'll actually happen?? Ok, I've babbled on enough. Let the discussion ensue!! lol

ilivelovemusic

[106]Oct 1, 2011
    • level: 5
    I genuinely liked the iLY episode too. But I just can't take S&F's break up seriously, cause who makes out for an hour and a half after that? I really think it'd be funny if they carried on a physical relationship behind everybody's back afterwards though. Cause if they can do it after a slightly awkward break-up, then why not when they're bored? XD

Diamondgrl13

[107]Oct 1, 2011
    • level: 6
    ^ lol *shakes head at mental image*

teenj12

[108]Oct 3, 2011
    • level: 26
    ilivelovemusic wrote:
    I genuinely liked the iLY episode too. But I just can't take S&F's break up seriously, cause who makes out for an hour and a half after that? I really think it'd be funny if they carried on a physical relationship behind everybody's back afterwards though. Cause if they can do it after a slightly awkward break-up, then why not when they're bored? XD
    Lol,that was probably Dan's attempt at adding some humor to balance the drama ^^

pscf3

[109]Oct 3, 2011
    • level: 16
    If I had watched iQ before iLY, I couldn't of told you if they broke up or not. They weren't making-out. But they never fought and were in pretty much every scence together.

teenj12

[110]Oct 5, 2011
    • level: 26
    pscf3 wrote:
    If I had watched iQ before iLY, I couldn't of told you if they broke up or not. They weren't making-out. But they never fought and were in pretty much every scence together.
    lol. Was iQ linked?

vanillacupcakes

[111]Oct 6, 2011
    • level: 16

ilivelovemusic wrote:

I honestly think the fact that they needed to postpone their breakup meant they didn't really want to break up. Without it, we could have assumed the "I love you" was platonic and they really wanted to be just friends.

Even though the friends with benefits thing has been in multiple Sam/Freddie fanfictions, it just doesn't fit Sam or Freddie's personality to be in one(especially Sam). Usually the physical aspect comes out in beating him up. In iQ, it looks like her sexual aggression was replaced by a big fork. *wink wink*. But she would never have a purely physical relationship without having some sort of emotion behind it.

hurr05

[112]Oct 11, 2011
    • level: 10

no, they truly love each other, but can't be together at the moment.