We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iLost My Mind" Episode Discussion

KJLwriter

[161]Jul 21, 2011
    • level: 8
    I saw an article about the episode in Entertainment Weekly and it looks so good!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pscf3

[162]Jul 21, 2011
    • level: 16
    Am I the only one who thinks seddie WON'T last past the arc.

pixarprincess

[163]Jul 21, 2011
    • level: 13
    Oh, don't be so pessimistic! They have potential... I hope.

Linda: Candace, seriously, isn't Phineas a little young to be a roller coaster engineer?
    Candace: Well, yes. Yes he is.

pscf3

[164]Jul 21, 2011
    I just hope it doesn't ruin the show..... That being said, the 4 seddie arc ep should be awesome.

Canada_Michael

[165]Jul 21, 2011
    • level: 10
    pscf3 wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks seddie WON'T last past the arc.

I think it's a good bet Seddie won't last, I never thought Creddie would last until the end of the series. The only way any relationship could last IMO is it were done in the last few episodes of the series. Where do you go with a romantic relationship on a Nick show with so many episodes left, you have vary limited options.

pscf3

[166]Jul 21, 2011
    That's probably why true Jackson was canceled......

vanillacupcakes

[167]Jul 21, 2011

I think the whole Seddie thing will be pushed to the side after the arc, but I definitely see them being together. I'm not even being all "super Seddie fan" this time....it's just the arc would be unnecessary and a waste of time otherwise. If he is doing a continuing storyline, something he doesn't normally do, I find it to be significant. Plus didn't Nathan say that each episode is important, so there would be something to look forward to?? I'm pretty sure even some Creddie shippers think Seddie will last. The only Seddie shipper who had some doubts was probably schwab.

As amazing as it is in the series finale to see your favorite ship become canon, something I don't like is that you don't get to see any aftermath. There's always potential of good writing material of seeing these couples when they are together. A reason why I like Jade/Beck in Victorious is because I love their interactions as an actual couple. Even though they have been together before the first episode, they lasted over a season. Despite it being a Nickelodeon show, but they aren't always the main focus. Yes, I know there are many differences between Jade/Beck and Sam/Freddie, but set-up wise I would like Sam/Freddie to be this way so the show isn't all about them and change a lot.

I don't think there would be any episodes about Seddie after the arc though, so they'll probably be more in the background and we can have more Carly-centric episodes for the rest of the season. Well that is, if she shows up for filming. It's a little confusing...since the rest of the cast supposedly filmed somewhere isn't their typical set.

Edited on 07/21/2011 7:40pm

pscf3

[168]Jul 21, 2011
    Now that you mention it, i'd go for that.

RiciSmokes2

[169]Jul 21, 2011
    • level: 7
    I don't recall true Jackson getting horrible ratings, I think (I'm not sure) it regulary got about what victorious gets now. So I don't think it can be used as an example. Also if Seddie gets together, neither Freddie nor Sam is the main character, so I doubt they'd be the focus of the show beyond their arc (even during really, I think it's going to be mixed like iOMG), like it was on TJ being that true was the star. U lose possible plots with the main star getting someone permanent. Whatever was happening romantically with the lead and her beau would be the a-plot and the usual innocently funny idiocy gets put to b-plot. ( obviously I disagree with those who think Carly is getting dumped to b-plot during the Seddie arc, she's the star and she's working with a major Hollywood guest, u can't give them b-plot. )

teenj12

[170]Jul 21, 2011
    • level: 26
    RiciSmokes2 wrote:
    I don't recall true Jackson getting horrible ratings, I think (I'm not sure) it regulary got about what victorious gets now. So I don't think it can be used as an example. Also if Seddie gets together, neither Freddie nor Sam is the main character, so I doubt they'd be the focus of the show beyond their arc (even during really, I think it's going to be mixed like iOMG), like it was on TJ being that true was the star. U lose possible plots with the main star getting someone permanent. Whatever was happening romantically with the lead and her beau would be the a-plot and the usual innocently funny idiocy gets put to b-plot. ( obviously I disagree with those who think Carly is getting dumped to b-plot during the Seddie arc, she's the star and she's working with a major Hollywood guest, u can't give them b-plot. )
    Well, Jack Black was B-Plot-ed, granted it was about Spencer..

RiciSmokes2

[171]Jul 21, 2011
    Well I could argue that their "nerd battle" was the main source of humor, and was given a decent bit of time. It's more like how iOMG was, with Carly supplying the funny so I don't consider that B- Plot.

teenj12

[172]Jul 21, 2011
    RiciSmokes2 wrote:
    Well I could argue that their "nerd battle" was the main source of humor, and was given a decent bit of time. It's more like how iOMG was, with Carly supplying the funny so I don't consider that B- Plot.
    How was Carly supplying the funny?

RiciSmokes2

[173]Jul 21, 2011
    The horses talk, the electrocuting Spencer then deadpanning : what happened? She was the main humor in the episode. It's not how most episodes are, with the Carly, Freddie, and Sam plot being the main filled with funny, then Spencer/Gibby doin something silly for a smaller amount of screen time. But iOMG and iSAFW there was more balance bw the two plots in time.
    Edited on 07/21/2011 9:02pm

teenj12

[174]Jul 21, 2011
    RiciSmokes2 wrote:
    The horses talk, the electrocuting Spencer then deadpanning : what happened? She was the main humor in the episode. It's not how most episodes are, with the Carly, Freddie, and Sam plot being the main filled with funny, then Spencer/Gibby doin something silly for a smaller amount of screen time. But iOMG and iSAFW there was more balance bw the two plots in time.
    iOMG b-Plot was actually less constructive then the a-plot

RiciSmokes2

[175]Jul 22, 2011
    ^ Not sure what u mean by that.

teenj12

[176]Jul 22, 2011
    RiciSmokes2 wrote:
    ^ Not sure what u mean by that.
    Meaning,it got less time.

RiciSmokes2

[177]Jul 22, 2011
    I think we should just agree to disagree, bc I completely disagree. I feel the two iOMG plots were more balanced than other episodes where Spencer's plot (usually the b-plot) gets a smaller amount of time.

pscf3

[178]Jul 22, 2011
    Some episodes, such as iMHL239 or iTwins, Spencer's plot had more time.

sararose244

[179]Jul 22, 2011
    • level: 2

I don't know if Seddie will last after the 4 episodes either. But I do trust that Dan is going to be smart about how he handles this because of how many people love shipping in this show. If he pulls sam and freddie apart he won't do it in a stupid way that will make others mad. He wrote in one of his blog entries that the shippers will have plenty to be happy about. So I'm gonna put faith in that and just enjoy the episodes. Yes I do hope they stay together, but if anything I do believe Seddie will be endgame, but we'll have to see. Thats just my opinion, what do you guys think?

teenj12

[180]Jul 22, 2011
    RiciSmokes2 wrote:
    I think we should just agree to disagree, bc I completely disagree. I feel the two iOMG plots were more balanced than other episodes where Spencer's plot (usually the b-plot) gets a smaller amount of time.
    Alright then .