We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iLost My Mind" Episode Discussion

hurr05

[121]Jul 9, 2011
    • level: 10

we just have to wait and see...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

futuramarama

[122]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 37
    maybe the entire series at this point has been one long dream, and the next episode is the first one that isn't

teenj12

[123]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 26
    futuramarama wrote:
    maybe the entire series at this point has been one long dream, and the next episode is the first one that isn't
    Fans and Shippers would B*TCH!!!

vanillacupcakes

[124]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 16

I need to rant on dream sequences. This is getting the thread off topic, but I'd like to rant on them because I am mad at them. I think those types of dream sequences(with the exception of some that are nicely done) really stupid. I read a fanfiction(my first mistake...even though there ARE some good fanfic) where it was all a dream. Then she was like "But we don't know WHY he dreamt it zomg he must be thinking about them being in a relationship so figure out what happens in my sequel nowww!". Uhhh no, you aren't clever. It's the most uncreative "twist" I've heard of. You can literally plug in any situation and say that it was all a dream in the end. It's a waste, because you could be writing about something that actually happened. The Seddie arc would still be Seddie as a dream because it would be in Sam's/Freddie's/whoever's subconscious so the person dreaming it wants this relationship to happen(just deep deep down). So you don't even get out of that to make it a Creddie or no ship endgame. They definitely COULD, but then the dream would be entirely insignificant to the show.

Out of curiosity I watched the HM alternate ending when it showed up on the front of youtube. From what I got out of it, this whole entire show was a figment of Miley Cyrus's imagination. Like when she was a little kid she dreamed up the whole thing. It's creepy how detailed and long the dream is if you didn't. Without dreaming of anything involving fantasy along the way?? I don't buy it. You dreamt you are asleep and you dreamt you had dreams within your dreams too?? It's not Inception, it isn't "clever", it doesn't make you think, it's stupid. IDK I just think it's a cop out. It's not like I'd be mad that it wouldn't be real, but I think that's just taking an easy way out and they're pointless.

All of Dan's dream sequences have been obvious and meant to tell the viewer "He/she is dreaming because of something, which will cause this to happen". Like Carly is dreaming of her switching schools because she is considering it(done outrageously enough to make it obvious) which is important to the plot. There's a reason for it. A dream sequence is a waste of 4 episodes.

Edited on 07/12/2011 4:48pm

teenj12

[125]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 26
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

I need to rant on dream sequences. This is getting the thread off topic, but I'd like to rant on them because I am mad at them. I think those types of dream sequences(with the exception of some that are nicely done) really stupid. I read a fanfiction(my first mistake...even though there ARE some good fanfic) where it was all a dream. Then she was like "But we don't know WHY he dreamt it zomg he must be thinking about them being in a relationship so figure out what happens in my sequel nowww!". Uhhh no, you aren't clever. It's the most uncreative "twist" I've heard of. You can literally plug in any situation and say that it was all a dream in the end. It's a waste, because you could be writing about something that actually happened. The Seddie arc would still be Seddie as a dream because it would be in Sam's/Freddie's/whoever's subconscious so the person dreaming it wants this relationship to happen(just deep deep down). So you don't even get out of that to make it a Creddie or no ship endgame. They definitely COULD, but then the dream would be entirely insignificant to the show.

Out of curiosity I watched the HM alternate ending when it showed up on the front of youtube. From what I got out of it, this whole entire show was a figment of Miley Cyrus's imagination. Like when she was a little kid she dreamed up the whole thing. It's creepy how detailed and long the dream is if you didn't. Without dreaming of anything involving fantasy along the way?? I don't buy it. You dreamt you are asleep and you dreamt you had dreams within your dreams too?? It's not Inception, it isn't "clever", it doesn't make you think, it's stupid. IDK I just think it's a cop out. It's not like I'd be mad that it wouldn't be real, but I think that's just taking an easy way out and they're pointless.

All of Dan's dream sequences have been obvious and meant to tell the viewer "He/she is dreaming because of something, which will cause this to happen". Like Carly is dreaming of her switching schools because she is considering it(done outrageously enough to make it obvious) which is important to the plot. There's a reason for it. A dream sequence is a waste of 4 episodes.

I like Dream episodes. They're fun .

But are serious about the HM thing?

futuramarama

[126]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 37
    maybe that's what they used a different ending, so people wouldn't get the idea that the whole show was her imagination

Canada_Michael

[127]Jul 12, 2011

vanillacupcakes wrote:

Since Dan said Creddie will continue the only way they can do it is a Sam dream or daydream IMO. If Sam has the dream it won't ruin the possibility of Creddie, Sam having hidden feelings for Freddie is far different then him jumping from Sam to Carly.

vglanfunman

[128]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 2
    Canada_Michael wrote:

vanillacupcakes wrote:

Since Dan said Creddie will continue the only way they can do it is a Sam dream or daydream IMO. If Sam has the dream it won't ruin the possibility of Creddie, Sam having hidden feelings for Freddie is far different then him jumping from Sam to Carly.

Haha, thank GAWD I wasn't the only one who thought this. As a writer myself, I feel that many unnecessary dream sequences take the suspense and work away from the plot. Like, why make about 100 episodes and then at the last second tell all of us that it was a dream. Thank you for meaninglessly wasting your lives watching our show!

RiciSmokes2

[129]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 7
    4 episode dream arc. Really? That is new, I guess.

vanillacupcakes

[130]Jul 12, 2011

Oh wow, I ended up talking about Seddie when I thought I would give that up. Whoops, my bad...

Now, I don't reallyyy mind if it's one episode or a short dream sequence. But if it's 4 episodes or the whole show I think it's a waste and I still stand by that. If he wants this dream sequence, then put it all in one episode. If it's a dream it wouldn't feel "rushed". Sam having feelings/dreaming about it still gets in the waythough...like what was the point of the dream in the first place?? To please the Seddie fans?? Ughh.

@Canada: Are you being sarcastic?? Usually when you're being sarcastic you're use a smiley face(not meaning to be creepy or anything). If you aren't, where did he say Creddie is happening?? Did I miss out on something here...?

Edited on 07/12/2011 8:58pm

Canada_Michael

[131]Jul 12, 2011

On his blog at the end of his iLost My Mind Post in small type it says: "Oh, and if you're a "shipper" – don't go freakin' out on us! Whether you're a Seddie or a Creddie, trust us – you'll have plenty to be happy about in the future of iCarly " I take that to mean neither ship is dead.

RiciSmokes2

[132]Jul 12, 2011
    Yeah I took that blog post to mean he is either going to bs and play both ships, kill both ships off neatly, or regardless of your particular ship (or which one he goes with) the comedy will be on point so you should still be happy.

chicamusica12

[133]Jul 13, 2011
    • level: 13
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

Oh wow, I ended up talking about Seddie when I thought I would give that up. Whoops, my bad...

Now, I don't reallyyy mind if it's one episode or a short dream sequence. But if it's 4 episodes or the whole show I think it's a waste and I still stand by that. If he wants this dream sequence, then put it all in one episode. If it's a dream it wouldn't feel "rushed". Sam having feelings/dreaming about it still gets in the waythough...like what was the point of the dream in the first place?? To please the Seddie fans?? Ughh.

@Canada: Are you being sarcastic?? Usually when you're being sarcastic you're use a smiley face(not meaning to be creepy or anything). If you aren't, where did he say Creddie is happening?? Did I miss out on something here...?

Your sig is HILARIOUS.

Zwingli4

[134]Jul 13, 2011

I agree that most dream sequences are either silly and stupid or a way for the writers to find a (stupidly) easy way out. However I did like the ending of "Newhart", where the series was just a dream of Dr. Bob Hartley, Bob Newhart's character from his previous series "The Bob Newhart Show." But of course that was really meant as an ultra hyper super duper mega major skewering of all those other idiot TV dream sequences. Laughing

Edited on 07/13/2011 6:27pm
    Edited 2 total times.

vanillacupcakes

[135]Jul 13, 2011

@Canada: Ohh, okay. I think I remember him saying something like that when he was talking about the new episodes, but I guess I just took that as Dan Schneider BS to try and keep everybody to watch the show. I just don't want 4 episodes of something that doesn't even exist...even in the iCarlyverse. [off topic]

@chica: I can't even see my sig; I didn't think it would show up. Lol well thanks I'm being lazy and just took it off of tumblr. My old sig was too Seddie-ish. Even my sig in the Seddie Bickering Sidekicks forum isn't Seddie. So I just made it more neutral, because all types of shippers are on here and not just Seddie. I mean I love Seddie but I wouldn't mind if they all just love/date each other and have a threesome tbh. Dan wins, he can flip ships back and forth...idc right now.[/off topic]

I wonder when the new promo would air?? I thought it would air at FOP, but instead they promo'd literally everything else. Everything I'm looking for a promo it always fails. It's probably going to be a random day. I probably won't bother watching the Spongebob special on Friday for it.

Edited on 07/13/2011 8:02pm

pscf3

[136]Jul 13, 2011
    People on the seddie board are going crazy over no new promo.They're watchin all the new B&S episodes ( which is surprisingly funny), and getting mad at nick.

Anyway, i wasn't a big fan of iDream of Dance.
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

@Canada: Ohh, okay. I think I remember him saying something like that when he was talking about the new episodes, but I guess I just took that as Dan Schneider BS to try and keep everybody to watch the show. I just don't want 4 episodes of something that doesn't even exist...even in the iCarlyverse. [off topic]

@chica: I can't even see my sig; I didn't think it would show up. Lol well thanks I'm being lazy and just took it off of tumblr. My old sig was too Seddie-ish. Even my sig in the Seddie Bickering Sidekicks forum isn't Seddie. So I just made it more neutral, because all types of shippers are on here and not just Seddie. I mean I love Seddie but I wouldn't mind if they all just love/date each other and have a threesome tbh. Dan wins, he can flip ships back and forth...idc right now.[/off topic]

I wonder when the new promo would air?? I thought it would air at FOP, but instead they promo'd literally everything else. Everything I'm looking for a promo it always fails. It's probably going to be a random day. I probably won't bother watching the Spongebob special on Friday for it.

RiciSmokes2

[137]Jul 13, 2011
    I really wanted a promo too during the FOP movie. But... the spongebob special will do great (they always do) so I can see them airing one then.

vanillacupcakes

[138]Jul 13, 2011
    Oh yeah, they always do that. When there's new promos it's crazy, even if it's a few seconds of new clips. I'm not that desperate for a promo to watch B&S, lol. It's mostly because one of the users on there gets the promo up on youtube right after it airs(sometimes even before) so I don't find the point. I did kind of want to watch the FOP movie anyways to see how it would turn out. I'm just hoping for them to make a new one focusing more on Jim Parsons. They've had promos focusing on all the other guest stars so I wouldn't be surprised.

ilivelovemusic

[139]Jul 14, 2011
    • level: 5
    Gosh I hate the whole 'And it was all just a dream..." thing too. Completely pointless. I mean it's like in the very end of the Harry Potter series, it was just ALL a dream of an eleven yr old boy. -.- Exactly.

DPluver2012

[140]Jul 15, 2011
    • level: 11
    lol....what? a dream of an 11 yr old boy? he didn't dream it? wtf are you talking about lol