We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iKiss" Discussion

JessicaLupin

[461]Jan 20, 2009
    • level: 3
    Animegirlx wrote:
    I know, I mean... get it over with? Aren't kisses supposed to be shared with someone you actually wanna kiss?
    That's like...the underlining message. seddie!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iApril-x

[462]Jan 21, 2009
    • level: 2

Yeah

And I think that Freddie's ''crush'' on Carly is like almost completely gone, 'cos he's stopped obsessing around her, and he didn't seem to care that her first kiss wasn't with him! It was Ben Hoobsher

And Sam was dropping so many hints!

Fireofnature

[463]Jan 21, 2009
    • level: 13
    iApril-x wrote:

Yeah

And I think that Freddie's ''crush'' on Carly is like almost completely gone, 'cos he's stopped obsessing around her, and he didn't seem to care that her first kiss wasn't with him! It was Ben Hoobsher

Freddie didn't seem to care that Carly kissed someone...but yeah, as my friend who doesn't watch iCarly says...which I find slightly confusing, her words...it seems like Sam's the one that's confused and Freddie knows how he feels toward her...

[464]Jan 22, 2009
    • level: 8
    Fireofnature wrote:
    iApril-x wrote:

Yeah

Freddie didn't seem to care that Carly kissed someone...but yeah, as my friend who doesn't watch iCarly says...which I find slightly confusing, her words...it seems like Sam's the one that's confused and Freddie knows how he feels toward her...

I think Freddie likes her, but he's not gonna show it, and is pretty sure she doesn't like him back, so he will try to hide it, and Sam is just plain in denial. Or at least that's how I would want it to happen. And whenever Sam said her first kiss was in a porta potty, Freddie just had to comment about that..... "OoOO how romantic"

that70sguy92

[465]Jan 31, 2009
    • level: 16
    All right, I know everyone in the world is probably against me on this, but I hated this episode.

I ship Seddie, yeah, but, one little kiss will not bring up this episode's quality, at all. I thought the episode was kind of dragged out, and just plain silly. Nothing like that would ever happen. It's not much of a big deal that Freddie had never kissed someone, and that just makes this episode completely unrealistic.

I didn't care for the comedy either, it seemed recycled to me, and I just didn't like the comedy, or the episode, at all. I especially didn't like it since iCarly's episodes are played out of order like this, so they really shouldn't do something so monumental to a relationship until a season premiere, or a season finale.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, I just really did not like iKiss at all.

Fireofnature

[466]Feb 1, 2009
    that70sguy92 wrote:
    All right, I know everyone in the world is probably against me on this, but I hated this episode.

I ship Seddie, yeah, but, one little kiss will not bring up this episode's quality, at all. I thought the episode was kind of dragged out, and just plain silly. Nothing like that would ever happen. It's not much of a big deal that Freddie had never kissed someone, and that just makes this episode completely unrealistic.

I didn't care for the comedy either, it seemed recycled to me, and I just didn't like the comedy, or the episode, at all. I especially didn't like it since iCarly's episodes are played out of order like this, so they really shouldn't do something so monumental to a relationship until a season premiere, or a season finale.

I don't see how you stating your opinion would be a bad thing. It's not offensive at all. Yeah, I agree with you at some parts, nobody I know would make a big deal out of never being kissed. Hell, I was never kissed, and no one really cares. So yeah, that was a bit unrealistic. However, I did think the kiss scene was nice, and Sam sticking up for Freddie and apologizing how she did was good as well. It was definitely a good display of Sam's character. Other than those said scenes, the rest was a bit lax, I'll admit.

crazyforTV97

[467]Feb 1, 2009
    Fireofnature wrote:
    that70sguy92 wrote:

I don't see how you stating your opinion would be a bad thing. It's not offensive at all. Yeah, I agree with you at some parts, nobody I know would make a big deal out of never being kissed. Hell, I was never kissed, and no one really cares. So yeah, that was a bit unrealistic. However, I did think the kiss scene was nice, and Sam sticking up for Freddie and apologizing how she did was good as well. It was definitely a good display of Sam's character. Other than those said scenes, the rest was a bit lax, I'll admit.

Stating that youve never been kissed isnt a bad thing, me and my friend both haven't been kissed, and i honestly dont care

[468]Feb 1, 2009
    crazyforTV97 wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:
    that70sguy92 wrote:

Stating that youve never been kissed isnt a bad thing, me and my friend both haven't been kissed, and i honestly dont care

I agree, this was just a way to make an episode to show sam's soft side, and have sam and freddie have their first kiss

ParoleBaby

[469]Feb 1, 2009

I'm going to have to agree with you that the whole "Not Being Kissed" topic was very unrealistic. First kisses were not that big of deal when I was in 9th grade and that was just a few years ago. However, I believe the way it happened was very original, of all the first kisses on Nickelodeon TV at least this one was handled in a way that makes you think. Two characters that seriously despise each other, never show romantic feelings toward each other, and one of the characters has a huge crush on someone else- its slightly unpreditable at least.

I do also agree that the kiss was somewhat rushed and I wish the episode was a little big longer. I think Freddie forgave Sam way to fast and then all of the sudden he gets the brilliant idea of "HEY I SHOULD KISS SAM!" in his mind just to "get it over with". It was just...rushed; thats the only way I can put it. But I do think this was a good episode none the less and I think the Seddie relationship is very, very interesting!

Edited on 02/01/2009 3:44pm

crazyforTV97

[470]Feb 1, 2009
    ParoleBaby wrote:

I'm going to have to agree with you that the whole "Not Being Kissed" topic was very unrealistic. First kisses were not that big of deal when I was in 9th grade and that was just a few years ago. However, I believe the way it happened was very original, of all the first kisses on Nickelodeon TV at least this one was handled in a way that makes you think. Two characters that seriously despise each other, never show romantic feelings toward each other, and one of the characters has a huge crush on someone else- its slightly unpreditable at least.

I do also agree that the kiss was somewhat rushed and I wish the episode was a little big longer. I think Freddie forgave Sam way to fast and then all of the sudden he gets the brilliant idea of "HEY I SHOULD KISS SAM!" in his mind just to "get it over with". It was just...rushed; thats the only way I can put it. But I do think this was a good episode none the less and I think the Seddie relationship is very, very interesting!

And one episode that supports that theory was D&Js "Mindy's Back"

TackyRackyComix

[471]Feb 28, 2009
    • level: 5
    I too disliked the underlying theme of this episode. It's like a tween version of "The Forty-Year-Old Virgin"--in both cases, there's nothing wrong with the specific point (not having sex or not having kissed anyone). (The only difference is that the film's main character is a stereotype.)

If this is what society is coming to, that you MUST kiss someone or have sex straight out of the womb, then I think that we're turning into a very whorrish (for lack of a better word) society. I'm 16 and I've never kissed anyone (I've never even had a girlfriend). So, according to this episode, I'M ABNORMAL AND AN UNFORTUNATE MISFIT!! WOE IS ME!!! MY SELF-ESTEEM IS UNDER NEGATIVE 9000!!!! But seriously, anyone who takes the theme of this episode seriously is either a) between the ages of 7 and 14, b) an extremely gullible person, c) someone with low self-esteem, or d) Dan Schneider. No one in my school could care less if someone's been kissed or not (except for maybe those who romp about, if you catch my drift).

I did love that "Kelly Cooper: Terrible Movie" trailer, though--it satirizes nearly every single cliche in tween movies (i.e.: nearly every live-action movie Disney has released in the past decade).

iCarly317

[472]Feb 28, 2009
    I guess its like Freddie is embarrassed to have something like that broadcasted to thousands of people. To certain people, its hard to even tell their own friends that they've never been kissed or whatever. Nevermind sharing that with thousands of people watching someone say that.

WAVY10

[473]Mar 1, 2009
    Saw it last night, and one scene puzzled me in particular (has nothing to do with "the Kiss")

What exactly did Carly say after Sam blurted out the fact that Freddie hadn't kissed anyone? I listened and it sounded like Carly blurted a profanity out. I'm not 100% certain (and am hoping that wasn't the case), but it didn't sound like she was screaming "Sam! Sam!" (Maybe THAT was what caused Freddie to drop his camera.)

ultimatekey

[474]Mar 1, 2009
    • level: 22
    No, Carly said "Sam, you just ruined Freddies life!". Then Fredd ie dropped his camera because Sam just told the whole world his secret.

[475]Mar 1, 2009
    WAVY10 wrote:
    Saw it last night, and one scene puzzled me in particular (has nothing to do with "the Kiss")

What exactly did Carly say after Sam blurted out the fact that Freddie hadn't kissed anyone? I listened and it sounded like Carly blurted a profanity out. I'm not 100% certain (and am hoping that wasn't the case), but it didn't sound like she was screaming "Sam! Sam!" (Maybe THAT was what caused Freddie to drop his camera.)

I noticed that too, a lot of times when they say sam it sounds like that, they should be more careful, and pronounce it like "SSssSSam

DanWarp

[476]Mar 6, 2009
    Hi. This is Dan Schneider, the creator and Executive Producer of iCarly (and other shows). Please wath this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze6UZgiHPes

After you watch the video, PLEASE spread the word all over TV.com! I would really appreciate it. I want EVERY iCarly fan on TV.com to see this video!

Thank you!

--Dan Schneider

adristar

[477]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 7
    DanWarp wrote:
    Hi. This is Dan Schneider, the creator and Executive Producer of iCarly (and other shows). Please wath this video:

After you watch the video, PLEASE spread the word all over TV.com! I would really appreciate it. I want EVERY iCarly fan on TV.com to see this video!

Thank you!

--Dan Schneider

it's a private video. i cant see it

[478]Mar 7, 2009
    adristar wrote:
    DanWarp wrote:

Thank you!

--Dan Schneider

it's a private video. i cant see it

you could, before today. It WAS Dan and Miranda proving that DanWarp really IS dan schneider.

Fireofnature

[479]Mar 7, 2009
    Yeah, I think he made it private for Andrea's sake. I mean if it was public, then imagine all the grief she'd be getting

disneycrules

[480]Mar 31, 2009
    Seddie_fan wrote:

It could just be a cliffhanger (Sorta) like

*kiss*

S: Urk I need some ham to get the taste of dork out of my mouth *leaves room*

*Camera on Freddie*

F: *Sighs*

*Camera on Sam who now has ham in her hand*

S: *talking to herself* Not bad... I mean, for a dork ... *shoves ham in her mouth*

*END*

I expected something like that to happen, but it didn't. I thought it was great they finally put an end to all the bashing they do against each other at least for that moment.