We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iChristmas" Discussion

skye2880

[41]Dec 14, 2008
    • level: 5

ycc1988 wrote:
    He asked "Are you crying?" (as if it weren't obvious). He never actually asked what's wrong, though. I'm not really sure why, but I think Freddie's crush on Carly is starting to end too. The reason doesn't have to be something big, though. Maybe he simply realizes that Carly's not the same girl he fell for 5 years ago. Only, whatever the reason is I wished the writers would make it clear. It's like Freddie's crush on Carly simply disappeared over the last two episodes. Does Freddie hit on Carly even once in "iPie" or "iChristmas"?

XD I think that slap in the face in iGo to Japan was enough to throw Freddie off for a while.

Yeah, Spencer and Mrs. Benson was a bit creepy...though for some reason, it's not all that hard to see them together ._. Just...in no way like that...

...And WHY did Freddie even put up with Rona? XD

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JellyFishJammer

[42]Dec 14, 2008
    • level: 29
    It was a good episode. I did laugh a lot, but I did go "OMG WTF?" at some points, like Spencer and Mrs. Benson... kissing? *shudders*

Sandy-ego303

[43]Dec 14, 2008
    • level: 13
    Great installment to the series. It really showed the emotional side to the show and included hilarious moments like when Spencer ran into the door in his room! Also, it taught us all that even if someone we love is totally insane, God made them that way for the better. The part in this episode I laughed the most at was the very end, with the Charlie Brown christmas reference (Where they all "ooed" Hark the Herald Angels Sing while looking at the christmas tree, which turned out to be better than they thought.)

ycc1988

[44]Dec 14, 2008
    • level: 20
    skye2880 wrote:
    ...And WHY did Freddie even put up with Rona? XD

I know, if I were Freddie I'd rather stay single the rest of my life than be with Rona.

ihoppers_cheska

[45]Dec 15, 2008
    when rona stomped on freddie's foot.. it reminded me of sam. hahaha

ycc1988

[46]Dec 15, 2008
    Yeah. When I read the description I thought of Sam right away, but Rona makes Sam look angelic.

I'm kind of mad now that Freddie's crush on Carly seems to have disappeared without any explanation or warning. He hasn't made a move in 2 episodes. While I'm all for Seddie, the writers can't just leave things hanging there like that.

yakkydoodle12

[47]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 1
    Anyone see the iWeb award next to the tv in the iCarly studio? I thought that was pretty cool.

pdyc

[48]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 16
    yakkydoodle12 wrote:
    Anyone see the iWeb award next to the tv in the iCarly studio? I thought that was pretty cool.

yeah, I noticed that. I'm glad that they totally didn't forget about the trophy

dylan-luver

[49]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 10
    pdyc wrote:
    yakkydoodle12 wrote:

yeah, I noticed that. I'm glad that they totally didn't forget about the trophy

yeah, i noticed that too.

ihoppers_cheska

[50]Dec 15, 2008
    oh, i didn't notice that!

dan is so great at continuity.. even the hammer was there! lol
    most kid shows would've forgotten little details like that

iCarly317

[51]Dec 16, 2008
    One thing that I noticed was the description for this episode on the Comcast guide. At the bottom of it, it said that Lubert was Carly's butler, in the changed reality I guess, yet no Lubert was shown at all. I bet that would have been pretty funny if they actually did throw that in the episode though. Too bad for whatever reason they didn't.

ycc1988

[52]Dec 16, 2008

The episode has 5 votes and a perfect score of 10. Wow.

Edit: It now has a slightly lower score, but still #1 among all iCarly episodes. By the way, here is the Charlie Brown Christmas clip with the same ooh-ing.

Edited on 12/17/2008 1:35am

iMIMI37

[53]Dec 17, 2008
    • level: 8
    ycc1988 wrote:
    Yeah. When I read the description I thought of Sam right away, but Rona makes Sam look angelic.

I'm kind of mad now that Freddie's crush on Carly seems to have disappeared without any explanation or warning. He hasn't made a move in 2 episodes. While I'm all for Seddie, the writers can't just leave things hanging there like that.

Yeah I would've thought he would've said something when she hugged him. Even when Sam walked in and was like what's going on in here it looked like he pulled away from Carly a little. That might just be an actor thing though. I'm sure they'll mention the crush thing. Everytime we say the crush might be going away he says something in the next episode that brings the crush back.

dylan-luver

[54]Dec 17, 2008
    iMIMI37 wrote:
    ycc1988 wrote:

Yeah I would've thought he would've said something when she hugged him. Even when Sam walked in and was like what's going on in here it looked like he pulled away from Carly a little. That might just be an actor thing though. I'm sure they'll mention the crush thing. Everytime we say the crush might be going away he says something in the next episode that brings the crush back.

that is exactly what i think : )

ihoppers_cheska

[55]Dec 17, 2008
    yea but then.. it's also a positive thing that his obsession for carly is going away. to have a mature relationship and to be considered as a possible bf.. he has to stop with the obsessing. it's like.. ginny and harry. ginny had to mature a little bit in order for harry to look at her in a different way.

it's funny.. i always referred to seddie as a ron/hermione thing.. and now im referring to creddie as a harry/ginny thing. so i guess we'll see which ship wins out.. the ron/hermione-like ship or the harry/ginny-like ship. lol

ycc1988

[56]Dec 17, 2008
    Before I can truly enjoy Freddie not hitting on Carly, I have to find out: what the heck is going on? Nobody just drops a crush just like that, it's as if all the flirting in the first 30 episodes never happened.

I understand that it would be hard for the writers to find a way of showing us the inside of Freddie's mind, since there are no monologues like in Ned's Declassified or The Wonder Years. Maybe he can confess his girl troubles to Spencer? Of course, Spencer's advice will probably be just as useless as the "fork in your arm" talk.

Fireofnature

[57]Dec 18, 2008
    ycc1988 wrote:
    Before I can truly enjoy Freddie not hitting on Carly, I have to find out: what the heck is going on? Nobody just drops a crush just like that, it's as if all the flirting in the first 30 episodes never happened.

I understand that it would be hard for the writers to find a way of showing us the inside of Freddie's mind, since there are no monologues like in Ned's Declassified or The Wonder Years. Maybe he can confess his girl troubles to Spencer? Of course, Spencer's advice will probably be just as useless as the "fork in your arm" talk.

...I've dropped crushes like that...but I don't think it was "Like that" for Freddie. It seemed to be a gradual thing, and you have to know time went on in between season 1-2. Also at their age is when a lot of the growing is.

ycc1988

[58]Dec 18, 2008
    The thing is, in "iGo to Japan", we had the peephole moment, the plane moment, and the check-in moment, all signs that Freddie's crush on Carly was very much alive and kicking. Then we had nothing at all.

So while I agree there has been change throughout the series regarding Freddie's crush on Carly, for it to suddenly disappear is odd to me.

We'll see about "iKiss", probably Freddie's best chance to try and take another go at it. Chances are I'm overanalyzing and Freddie's just laying low.

skye2880

[59]Dec 18, 2008
    I'm telling you it was the slap in the face! XD The pain made him give up.

Nah, I kid. You raise an interesting point. I would like to see what happened, but I expect Sam to call him on that when he kisses her. She's no back-up girl and she'll wanna know just what the heck is going on.

dylan-luver

[60]Dec 18, 2008
    Nathan and jeanette interveiw...

it states that Nathan thought he would be thinking of a clever idea to kiss Carly. in real life i prefer Jeanette and Nathan, but with iCarly i see Freddie and carly.