We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official iBeat the Heat Episode Conversation

Canada_Michael

[121]Jun 27, 2010
    • level: 10

This episode was yawn worthy IMO. The whole Carly getting freaked about her project just got on my nerves, why the heck didn't she just put it in her room? Or better yet why not have Freddie put it in his apartment?

Freddie's mom was just plain rude & creepy as always instead of being funny.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MusicAddictBabe

[122]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 18
    That's what I was thinking! Who is so stupid as to put a project that one has worked so hard on in the same room as +50 people or whatever? That was so annoying.

I like how people got worked up over the picture of Sam and Griffin to find out it never happened. It reminds me of when everyone thought it was on iMove Out because this person put it on a YouTube video for upcoming episodes. It's ok, guys, calm down. No need to feel displeased . Course, there were annoy-worthy scenes, as mentioned before, in this episode. But that doesn't surprise me. No episode has been perfect thus far.

charmed4eva112

[123]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 20
    Yeah, that was quite stupid. I kept yelling at my computer screen, 'Oh my god Carly, when there's that many people, get Sam and Freddie to help put it in another room!'.

I had a feeling the picture was fake. Come on, twenty three minutes and they're going to put a Carly/Sam/Griffin plot in an episode about a heatwave? I doubted there would be time for it to be fitted in. Plus, it would just be odd if it didn't focus completely on the heatwave. Which is also why I knew Sabrina and Freddie's little plot was barely going to be mentioned.

Aprilshakira

[124]Jun 28, 2010

I don't think Dan should post pictures that start rumors..

MusicAddictBabe

[125]Jun 28, 2010
    Well, I mean, that doesn't mean it's completely fake but how do we know?

Charmed - Very true. I thought about that too (haha rhyming!). I could see them cramming a plot like that into a 23 min episode but not when that's just a side-plot. I can see it more as a main plot. Otherwise, it's so slight it's almost "worthless." But I'm not complaining. It wasn't a horrible episode but it definitely could be better at the same time...then again I have little room to talk...I had been to two grad parties before watching it and just barely made it home to watch any of it. I only saw 1/2 - 3/4 of it. (Haha that's cool it's, like, 1,2,3,4...wow I'm in some mood tonight lolz.)

futuramarama

[126]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 37
    I didn't like it. It seemed like nothing but time-filler, and it wasn't even good time-filler, IMO. I didn't laugh nor did I smile. One of their weakest, I think anyways

chicamusica12

[127]Jun 29, 2010
    • level: 13
    Hahaha I can picture all the Seddiers who expected at least something here, but got nada. But jeez this episode was a low point. So much for expectations...

Canada_Michael

[128]Jun 29, 2010

That's one big positive for me to a otherwise dull episode,Seddiers didn't get what they thought they would get LOL.

Edited on 06/29/2010 3:51pm

hardcorefakes

[129]Jul 2, 2010
    • level: 7
    Aprilshakira wrote:

I don't think Dan should post pictures that start rumors..

perche' lo fa cose cattive come le voci di partenza?

why does he do evil things like starting rumors?

hardcorefakes

[130]Jul 2, 2010
    • level: 7
    Canada_Michael wrote:

That's one big positive for me to a otherwise dull episode,Seddiers didn't get what they thought they would get LOL.

in modo che ammuses?

so that ammuses you?

MusicAddictBabe

[131]Jul 2, 2010

That's sad. I'm not that mean to Creddiers, am I?

*gives sad face like the avvie*

Edited on 07/02/2010 8:43pm

futuramarama

[132]Jul 3, 2010
    • level: 37
    I rewatched the last like 5 minutes (I missed the rest this time but I remember most of it...). Some things:

as others have said, Carly was stupid to leave her assignment... in the room... with dozens of other people. (Though to be fair it does come in handy for her speech at the end, but still)

Griffin is a good character whom I think should return

Lewbert's line about marrying Mrs. Benson and "Having a better son" was just out of line and not funny in the slightest.

The end with Sabrina(?) crushing Carly's project was kind of predictable (obviously SOMETHING was gonna happen to it).

I didn't like the moral Carly gives about neighbors and them really not knowing each other. I just don't think it was needed here...

Overall it's probably one of my least favorites, to be honest

schillingklaus

[133]Jul 4, 2010
    • level: 12

Fredward/Sabrina is a cool couple, regardless of what Nickelodeon tries to force you to believe.

vanillacupcakes

[134]Jul 4, 2010
    • level: 16

chicamusica12 wrote:
    Hahaha I can picture all the Seddiers who expected at least something here, but got nada. But jeez this episode was a low point. So much for expectations...

Seddiers(including me) can find SOME way to find this episode to have Seddie. It may be delusional but that's howwe roll. We did get SOMETHING.

I may be the only one who sort of likes this episode. It reminds me of "The Drake and Josh Inn" except it was definitely not as funny. Still it was alright compared to other episodes.

nicknameless101

[135]Jul 5, 2010
    • level: 25

I thought it was stupid how Freddie was not comfortable with Sabrina's height. Is he that shallow?

Edited on 07/06/2010 8:03am

Aprilshakira

[136]Jul 5, 2010
    nicknameless101 wrote:

I thought it was stupid how Freddie not being comfortable with Sabrina's height. Is he that shallow?

I think it was out of character for him. Freddie's usually pretty desperate.

schillingklaus

[137]Jul 5, 2010
    • level: 12

Carly/Miranda was taller than Freddie/Nathan in 2006/ early 07 when iPilot was oproduced, but there it was no problem for Freddie to hit on Carly.

frontman19

[138]Jul 5, 2010
    • level: 14

nicknameless101 wrote:

I thought it was stupid how Freddie not being comfortable with Sabrina's height. Is he that shallow?

It has nothing to do with being shallow, a lot of guys (like me) really prefer to be taller than their girlfriends, it's a weird psychiatric thing that I don't understand really, but I completely related with Freddie and his awkwardness around Sabrina. I bet a lot of other guys would too.

saylavee

[139]Jul 5, 2010
    frontman19 wrote:

nicknameless101 wrote:

It has nothing to do with being shallow, a lot of guys (like me) really prefer to be taller than their girlfriends, it's a weird psychiatric thing that I don't understand really, but I completely related with Freddie and his awkwardness around Sabrina. I bet a lot of other guys would too.

My psych teacher told us its because men need to feel superior to women and being shorter than her makes him feel inferior.

Yeah its a normal guy thing, though i did see in my 6th grade class this one boy who was 4'9" date a girl who was 5'10" O.o I actually wouldve been surprised if Freddie DIDNT have a problem with her height.

frontman19

[140]Jul 5, 2010
    • level: 14

Saylavee, that's what I thought, but I wasn't sure I didn't want to sound like an **** say that and then be wrong. But I agree, if Freddie wasn't freaked out I would have found it really weird and really unrealistic, I mean any 16 (or 15? I really don't know how old they are in season 3) would react the exact same way Freddie did.