We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iBalls" Discussion

marcdragicevic

[21]Jan 2, 2012
    • level: 21
    Oh yeah, they always seem to mock things. Haha. Night then.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

teenj12

[22]Jan 2, 2012
    • level: 26
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Maybe they're making fun of how so many movies make 3D for no reason and some 3D movies have that cheesy insignificant moment where the character reaches out his hand and the audience can see the hand coming at them. Or how there are going to be 3D tvs now. Sort of like the beginning of Harold and Kumar Christmas in 3D.

It sounds like they really overdo the 3D and hurt people's eyes. So maybe they are critiquing that in entertainment today. Ummm I need to go to bed because I clearly don't know what I'm talking about now.
    Haha, but this shows they aren't out of ideas. I've never thought about 3D and icarly ..together xD.

marcdragicevic

[23]Jan 2, 2012
    The closest thing to 3d, was probably though spy glasses Freddie had on in a previous episode.

Diamondgrl13

[24]Jan 3, 2012
    • level: 6

Ohhh..."iBalls" = EYEballs....got it! I totally wouldn't have gotten that, lol. Yeah, I saw the promo for this episode (it airs on Sat right??) and it was all about how it was in 3D (the promo said NOTHING-as far as I noticed anyway-about what the actual episode was about) and I was like, what the heck?? How are people supposed to watch it?? Do we have to have those 3D tvs to watch it?? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me because it's not like 3D tvs are THAT prevalent yet-seems like it alienates a BIG part of the audience by catering to a small section like that. But that's just me. Maybe we're supposed to go out and buy the goofy-looking glasses to watch it. Also seems a little unrealistic. Then again, it IS iCarly we're talking about here.

Speaking of which, isn't this like the first time in the history of ever that a tv series does a special episode in 3D?? I don't know if that's true or not but it is to my knowledge. Correct me if I'm wrong guys. But it if IT true....that's a pretty cool thing! I mean, iCarly is really big in it's own right..like, kind of iconic you could almost say...so people MIGHT know of it even long after it's gone (you know like lots of people still know I Love Lucy or I Dream of Genie or Happy Days or something like that...even though they've been gone for forever......wow, all REALLY old examples..hm....ok well then Friends! There, that's more on the same level, lol.) But having the title as the first ever tv series to do a 3D episode...that would definitely make it legendary! Don't you guys think??

Sorry..I'm babbling. Haha.

Edited on 01/03/2012 3:34pm

marcdragicevic

[25]Jan 3, 2012
    Does anyone think that since this episode is about 3d, that it should be released in 3d? (It's a long shot).

vanillacupcakes

[26]Jan 3, 2012
    • level: 16

@diamond: I was thinking "Friends!" right before I got to the part where you mentioned it. Hahaha. It's definitely one of the "big" shows. It's okay, I ramble too! It would be hard to put it in 3D though. I remember with the HM concert movie they had all those advertisements saying to go to WalMart or something to pick up the special glasses for it. Or was it Justin Bieber? Uhhh anyways. I haven't seen the promo. I thought it was just about 3D, not actually in 3D. If it's a DVD movie, it's easy since they can just attach the glasses to the DVD. But for tv shows it would be tricky.

@teenj: Yeah, they are running out of ideas when they made this, but only because Miranda is gone. It's kind of like how they sort of ran out of ideas when Jennette was gone, so they had a bunch of webshow segments.

Edited on 01/03/2012 6:13pm

teenj12

[27]Jan 3, 2012
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:

Ohhh..."iBalls" = EYEballs....got it! I totally wouldn't have gotten that, lol. Yeah, I saw the promo for this episode (it airs on Sat right??) and it was all about how it was in 3D (the promo said NOTHING-as far as I noticed anyway-about what the actual episode was about) and I was like, what the heck?? How are people supposed to watch it?? Do we have to have those 3D tvs to watch it?? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me because it's not like 3D tvs are THAT prevalent yet-seems like it alienates a BIG part of the audience by catering to a small section like that. But that's just me. Maybe we're supposed to go out and buy the goofy-looking glasses to watch it. Also seems a little unrealistic. Then again, it IS iCarly we're talking about here.

Speaking of which, isn't this like the first time in the history of ever that a tv series does a special episode in 3D?? I don't know if that's true or not but it is to my knowledge. Correct me if I'm wrong guys. But it if IT true....that's a pretty cool thing! I mean, iCarly is really big in it's own right..like, kind of iconic you could almost say...so people MIGHT know of it even long after it's gone (you know like lots of people still know I Love Lucy or I Dream of Genie or Happy Days or something like that...even though they've been gone for forever......wow, all REALLY old examples..hm....ok well then Friends! There, that's more on the same level, lol.) But having the title as the first ever tv series to do a 3D episode...that would definitely make it legendary! Don't you guys think??

I don't think you understand xD.

The episode isn't in 3D, inside the show, the fictional web show is 3D.

marcdragicevic

[28]Jan 3, 2012
    I wonder how the fictional web show will be done in 3D?

Diamondgrl13

[29]Jan 4, 2012
    • level: 6

teenj12 wrote:
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:

I don't think you understand xD. The episode isn't in 3D, inside the show, the fictional web show is 3D.
    Ooooohhhhhhh..........*looks around embarrassed*.....oops. Haha. I get it now. You can all ignore my whole "legendary" rant above now since it doesn't apply anymore, lol. But wait, in the promo, parts of it were blurry, like 3D is when you don't have the goofy glasses. So it's just gonna be like that in the iCarly webshow bits? I'm still confused apparently. Haha.

hurr05

[30]Jan 4, 2012
    • level: 10

Dan: So we're running out of ideas for iCarly, and Miranda is gone for a while. Any ideas?

*silence*

Random worker: Well...what do the kids who watch this show like to play with?

Other worker: I don't know. Trucks...dolls...cars...balls...?

Dan: Waitwaitwaitwaitwait! Balls! That's it! Let's make an episode called iBALLS!!

Workers: YES. GENIUS. WHOO-HOO!!

marcdragicevic

[31]Jan 4, 2012
    Nice, always wanted to know what Dan and all the writers think about when it's comes to an episode. Haha.

hurr05

[32]Jan 4, 2012

not sure if that's sarcasm or not, but lol

marcdragicevic

[33]Jan 4, 2012
    Haha. Are you looking forward to this episode?

hurr05

[34]Jan 4, 2012

welllll...i don't really "look forward" to new episodes of iCarly. they come on, and if i see it, i see it. if i miss it, hell, it'll be on tomorrow

marcdragicevic

[35]Jan 4, 2012
    Well you guys are lucky. It will take ages for this episode to air in Australia.

hurr05

[36]Jan 4, 2012

whoa, Australia??! sweet. and aw, sorry about the air time but it's okay, the show's ending soon.

marcdragicevic

[37]Jan 4, 2012
    Yeah, Australia. Yeah, it's fine I guess.

iTunes is way worst though with tv shows down under. Not a single Victorious episode is up yet.

marcdragicevic

[38]Jan 4, 2012
    This episode airs this Saturday Night in America only. 7/01/2012 - 7th January 2012.

vanillacupcakes

[39]Jan 5, 2012
    • level: 16
    ^Do you watch the new iCarly eps online then??
    http://jennette-mccurdy.tumblr.com/post/15358037212/iballs-sneak-preview
    I like this sneak peek. Maybe because Miranda is in this part.

teenj12

[40]Jan 5, 2012
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    ^Do you watch the new iCarly eps online then??
    http://jennette-mccurdy.tumblr.com/post/15358037212/iballs-sneak-preview
    I like this sneak peek. Maybe because Miranda is in this part.
    Ha ha, can't wait to see it!