We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Crossover Special - "iCarly & Victorious" Discussion.

Which 'gang' should go where?

pscf3

[61]Sep 1, 2010
    • level: 16
    Check this out:

http://tbivision.com/article.php?category=2&article=1682

At the end, it has a possible "plot" for the crossover:

Schneider is coy about plot details, but says: "It involves both Carly and Tori and they become aware of each other because of a 'situation' - they start off as rivals, but in the end team up against a common enemy."

It dosent sound horrible, but the first enimies, then friends thing again? Ugh

@teenj12, he started writing like, 2 weeks ago, and he finish Monday . Three weeks probably means three-parter.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

saylavee

[62]Sep 2, 2010
    • level: 18
    Didnt we already kinda know that was the plot?

But omg isnt that basically iFight Shelby Marx? They started off as rivals then teamed up to put Nevel in his place...if the villain is Nevel I'm going to be so mad

ruffmanfan88

[63]Sep 2, 2010
    • level: 12
    okay He wrote the episode a few weeks ago and just finished it sunday. I don't know what you are talking about.

pscf3

[64]Sep 2, 2010
    Who else would it be? It does sound like iFSM.

saylavee wrote:
    Didnt we already kinda know that was the plot?

But omg isnt that basically iFight Shelby Marx? They started off as rivals then teamed up to put Nevel in his place...if the villain is Nevel I'm going to be so mad

pscf3

[65]Sep 2, 2010
    That's what I was saying.

ruffmanfan88 wrote:
    okay He wrote the episode a few weeks ago and just finished it sunday. I don't know what you are talking about.

saylavee

[66]Sep 2, 2010
    Wait a sec, that post pscf wrote that said the possible plot. I could've sworn I've read it or something like it before. It must be another deja vu thing. I get those a lot. Ya know when you think you've seen/heard something before?

pscf3

[67]Sep 2, 2010
    Happens to me ALL the time, my friend does too, he calls them " third eye dreams".

saylavee wrote:
    Wait a sec, that post pscf wrote that said the possible plot. I could've sworn I've read it or something like it before. It must be another deja vu thing. I get those a lot. Ya know when you think you've seen/heard something before?

saylavee

[68]Sep 2, 2010
    Yeah I seriously HATE those dreams. I get em a lot during school and it bugs the **** outta me and makes me feel uncomfortable for awhile. But I just found out, it wasnt one of those. It was bugging me so much that I had to look. I actually DID read that post somewhere, but not that exact post and it wasnt by pscf either. It was by Jakeo, on the Seddie topic, about 2 weeks ago:
    Jakeo_89 wrote:

I am not for the crossover at all. I would rather see a Drake and Josh/iCarly crossover. Way more epicness to be had there I think. I don't mean anything bad against Victorious when I say that.

My opinion about the crossover is that it is too early for Victorious to get into this. For one, it is still new and it is too soon, the characters and the show need to be established more so it can stand apart from iCarly. The audience need to become more familiar with it.

I think it is almost a 100% certainty that Freddie will hit on Tori. She is the star and she needs to be seen that way, the character everybody loves. I will not post here for a week if it does not happen, I promise. It may be an iCarly/Victorious crossover, but I see it as more of a Miranda/Victoria promotional tool. With Drake and Josh you would not have had such a problem, because there is more than one "star". Judging by some of jhe posts here, you have not seen the small interview Dan did about it. It was published on some website, can't remember which, where he says the story is basically "Carly and Tori become aware of each other, and then unite to defeat a common enemy". I feel the corniness already. Even his description verifies what I said about Miranda/Victoria/star promotional tool. It's not the gangs, it is Carly and Tori. I think combining these two casts is just an invitation for a "character begging for screen-time" scenario, so the majority of it will be Carly/Tori. I am not saying the characters won't be seen, but it will be difficult to put them all in there in some meaningful capacaity. I can already see the likes of Gibby, Spencer, Trina, Cat and Beck being reduced to just comedy moments rather than any position that drives the story much in a meaningful way.

ruffmanfan88

[69]Sep 2, 2010
    okay then
    pscf3 wrote:
    That's what I was saying.

ruffmanfan88 wrote:

JonathonWolf

[70]Sep 2, 2010
    • level: 10
    saylavee wrote:
    Yeah I seriously HATE those dreams. I get em a lot during school and it bugs the **** outta me and makes me feel uncomfortable for awhile. But I just found out, it wasnt one of those. It was bugging me so much that I had to look. I actually DID read that post somewhere, but not that exact post and it wasnt by pscf either. It was by Jakeo, on the Seddie topic, about 2 weeks ago:
    Jakeo_89 wrote:

I am not for the crossover at all. I would rather see a Drake and Josh/iCarly crossover. Way more epicness to be had there I think. I don't mean anything bad against Victorious when I say that.

My opinion about the crossover is that it is too early for Victorious to get into this. For one, it is still new and it is too soon, the characters and the show need to be established more so it can stand apart from iCarly. The audience need to become more familiar with it.

I think it is almost a 100% certainty that Freddie will hit on Tori. She is the star and she needs to be seen that way, the character everybody loves. I will not post here for a week if it does not happen, I promise. It may be an iCarly/Victorious crossover, but I see it as more of a Miranda/Victoria promotional tool. With Drake and Josh you would not have had such a problem, because there is more than one "star". Judging by some of jhe posts here, you have not seen the small interview Dan did about it. It was published on some website, can't remember which, where he says the story is basically "Carly and Tori become aware of each other, and then unite to defeat a common enemy". I feel the corniness already. Even his description verifies what I said about Miranda/Victoria/star promotional tool. It's not the gangs, it is Carly and Tori. I think combining these two casts is just an invitation for a "character begging for screen-time" scenario, so the majority of it will be Carly/Tori. I am not saying the characters won't be seen, but it will be difficult to put them all in there in some meaningful capacaity. I can already see the likes of Gibby, Spencer, Trina, Cat and Beck being reduced to just comedy moments rather than any position that drives the story much in a meaningful way.

To be fair, it's obviously going to be focusing on Carly and Victoria. The shows themselves center primarily around Carly and Victoria; there's no reason to expect a crossover to be any different. A lot of the concerns in that original post can also be made about the individual shows as well. Jade and Beck are a one-trick pony centered around Jade's constant jealousy and Beck's being a friendly guy. It's been toned down since the first few episodes, but Jade is pretty much only around to be a frenemy to Victoria. Gibby is getting more screentime, but that doesn't mean he won't sometimes be a tool to keep the story going like Spencer is.

Really, there's not many ways to cross the two shows without being corny in some way. And then if they go one show crossing over into another, the episode will suffer from watering down the secondary show. It's a common problem with comic book crossovers; the crossover character is always written to make the title character look better.

T7F

[71]Sep 5, 2010
    • level: 7

Guys, remember when you guys were saying iSamsMom sounds horrible and then said oh im gonna love it! well i think this will be the same

teenj12

[72]Sep 5, 2010
    • level: 26
    T7F wrote:

Guys, remember when you guys were saying iSamsMom sounds horrible and then said oh im gonna love it! well i think this will be the same

Probably nor .

pscf3

[73]Sep 6, 2010
    Probably so.

T7F wrote:

ruffmanfan88

[74]Sep 7, 2010
    Hey does any one know if this episodes counts as a victoious episode as well or just an iCarly episode.

teenj12

[75]Sep 7, 2010
    ruffmanfan88 wrote:
    Hey does any one know if this episodes counts as a victoious episode as well or just an iCarly episode.

Idk,probably just iCarly

pscf3

[76]Sep 8, 2010
    I don't think either. On wikipedia, you might want to put "Victorious Crossover" as a new section on List of iCarly episodes, and "iCarly Crossover" on list of victorious episodes.

pscf3

[77]Sep 18, 2010
    Ok, i was looking at dans photos, and you know how sometimes Dan puts the names of episodes at the bottom of the pic? Well, one from the crossover said "iParty with Victorious". Could that be the crossover title?

T7F

[78]Sep 18, 2010
    • level: 7
    pscf3 wrote:
    Ok, i was looking at dans photos, and you know how sometimes Dan puts the names of episodes at the bottom of the pic? Well, one from the crossover said "iParty with Victorious". Could that be the crossover title?
    I lovbe that title

pscf3

[79]Sep 18, 2010
    It is pretty cool.

teenj12

[80]Sep 18, 2010
    pscf3 wrote:
    It is pretty cool.

I would like "iAm Victorious".