We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Nathan Kress

gideonbernstein

[1]Jun 5, 2012
    • level: 45

Now that this is iCarly's last season, Miranda announced that she is putting her career on hold until she finishes college, and the rest of the cast will get shows of their own on NIck, but what about Nathan? Does he have any future plans?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fireofnature

[2]Jun 7, 2012
    • level: 13
    He probably does, likely moving onto other seas

gideonbernstein

[3]Jun 7, 2012

Fireofnature wrote:
    He probably does, likely moving onto other seas

What do you mean moving into other seas?

Fireofnature

[4]Jun 8, 2012
    • level: 13
    Isn't that an obvious statement? Moving onto other things, doing other shows/movies/stuff. There's no telling what he'll wind up doing at the moment.

vanillacupcakes

[5]Jun 10, 2012
    • level: 16
    Idk about you guys, but his tweets make me think he would legitimately enlist in the military after iCarly.

I think he said something about wanting to do more dramas like his CSI episode. Ughhh I wish this was Jennette's path. But I find this good for him, I thought he did great in CSI. I personally hope he guest stars in Jennette's, Noah's, and Jerry's show sometime. Just 1 episode.

loey12886

[6]Jun 12, 2012
    • level: 10
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Isn't that an obvious statement?

uh....no

Diamondgrl13

[7]Jun 14, 2012
    • level: 6
    loey12886 wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:

uh....no

haha! Yeah, that WAS kinda confusing. Maybe it's a cultural saying??

katywishing100

[8]Jun 15, 2012
    • level: 15

Maybe movies or TV shows. I hope he does do more serious acting jobs.

alexspotsme

[9]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 15
    Nathan, to me, always looked to be a man with high behavior. I can see his path taking him to some place for him.

As for Jenette, can't wait for her own show. Too bad Jerry is stuck with TUFF Puppy, for now, but i never heard of Noah getting his own show or whatever. I would think he'd finish high school first.

Miranda, i wish her the best in college; can't wait to see her do more after she graduates.

vanillacupcakes

[10]Jun 16, 2012

(turning this into a post-iCarly post) Jerry has his own show on Nickelodeon, where his "new character" sounds like Spencer from the description. Except instead of supervising Carly he supervises a 12 year old prodigy nephew. It's called "Wendall and Vinnie".

I don't know much about Noah's show...I don't think it's a Dan Schneider project and I'm not even sure if it's been green-lit or not(I just made the assumption it did). I don't know if Noah is homeschooled or not, but I don't know why he would wait to finish high school to start his own show. I personally would rather have the main character of a Nickelodeon show to be under 18(I'll watch Jennette's show regardless though), because it seems more relatable to their main demographic and it's more likely for the show to last longer without him being too old to play a kid. I personally hate how the Glee cast doesn't look like high schoolers. Jennette can pass off for being younger, but Noah seems to be growing up like crazy.

I have respect for celebrities who want an education, so good for Miranda. I know some people who goes to USC, so maybe they'll see her around! Haha, wishful thinking. I hope she can still do a few projects here and there; I know she kept saying she wanted to still do work while going to USC like her friend did and that had a big part in her decision to go there. I can see her doing some small things, and in the meantime I'll look forward to Despicable Me 2. The first one was so freaking cute!

It may be pessimism on my part, but I don't really see Nathan having a huge career. I don't think many Nickelodeon stars become that famous after they leave unless they have something really special or marketable. I'm sure he'll be in something though. I can see him playing a dramatic role in one episode and tv movies and stuff. Idk, we'll see. Maybe he'll prove me wrong and be in a theater movie or something.

Edited on 06/16/2012 4:09pm

loey12886

[11]Jun 19, 2012
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:
    loey12886 wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:

uh....no

haha! Yeah, that WAS kinda confusing. Maybe it's a cultural saying??

I guess lol

gideonbernstein

[12]Jun 20, 2012
    I also hear that Miranda is putting her own career on hold while she goes to college.

vanillacupcakes

[13]Jun 20, 2012
    ^Really? I keep hearing how she's not going to quit acting when she goes to college. She always mentions her friend who acts and goes to USC at the same time. I think she chose USC over NYU so she could be closer to LA and work.

teenj12

[14]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 26
    I would love for Miranda to do more work, but education comes first . I don't see how she can do College and Acting at the same time, but if she can, more power to her .

marcdragicevic

[15]Jun 27, 2012
    • level: 21
    Did anyone hear about how Ariana didn't invite Nathan to her birthday party? A lot of girls were then saying how much they hate Nathan and that he is a nobody any more and all that. Who knows what he is going to do after the show though, but I would keep a very low profile if I was him due to all the hate he is getting.

teenj12

[16]Jun 29, 2012
    • level: 26
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Did anyone hear about how Ariana didn't invite Nathan to her birthday party? A lot of girls were then saying how much they hate Nathan and that he is a nobody any more and all that. Who knows what he is going to do after the show though, but I would keep a very low profile if I was him due to all the hate he is getting.
    That's really f*cked up. Shippers/fanatics annoy the heck out of me and they only cause strife in every fandom. Well most of the time.

vanillacupcakes

[17]Jun 29, 2012

It looked like Nathan had an audition that day anyways. Sounds to me like the new show Steven Spielberg is producing (Falling Skies), but that is my speculation.

Idk, I think he could do anything. I just meant that most Nickelodeon stars do keep a low profile(hey, they're rich enough now, you can retire). It doesn't look like it at the moment though. And he has big news, I wonder what that is? I think it's silly for shippers to say that Nathan can't get roles, because I've NEVER heard a shipper say they think Nathan is untalented. Creddie and Seddie BOTH have to do with how Nathan portrays Freddie. Despite them thinking he's ugly, boring, a jerk, not Ariana's friend anymore, etc, that has nothing to do with his acting roles. If Chevy Chase can still be acting, then any high maintenance jerk can get a job. Not saying Nathan is one, just saying that even though they do hate him, it still doesn't make much sense. I think they should separate their opinions of the person from their work.

Even though I THOUGHT he would keep a low profile like marc said, thinking about it I can also see him purposely pissing off the shippers and making a guest appearance in Madisen's new show(if her pilot gets greenlighted, idk much about her show...just remembered it sounded like Victorious). Not gonna lie, I'd actually watch that episode.

Edited on 06/29/2012 10:29pm

Diamondgrl13

[18]Jun 30, 2012
    • level: 6

vanillacupcakes wrote:

Even though I THOUGHT he would keep a low profile like marc said, thinking about it I can also see him purposely pissing off the shippers and making a guest appearance in Madisen's new show(if her pilot gets greenlighted, idk much about her show...just remembered it sounded like Victorious). Not gonna lie, I'd actually watch that episode.

lol. Didn't even know about her pilot, but that made me laugh. And yes, I think I'd watch that episode too. ;-)

hurr05

[19]Jun 30, 2012

i picture Nathan doing more serious roles...or at least that's what I'd LIKE to see him do

marcdragicevic

[20]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 21
    teenj12 wrote:
    That's really f*cked up. Shippers/fanatics annoy the heck out of me and they only cause strife in every fandom. Well most of the time.

Most of them are still unhappy that Nathan blocked some of them due to the hate his girlfriend was getting.