We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Is it just me or is Sam...

xboxplayer29

[1]Jun 6, 2010
    • level: 3

Well I have not had time to watch the ENTIRE new season of iCarly...BUT after watching all the past episodes, this season, AND iPsycho... I am wondering if it is just me OR do you guys also think that Sam's behavior is becoming more and more aggressive as the series progresses? I remember she used to tease people playfully in hte beginning, but this season and especially in iPsycho I feel like Sam has become more verbally abusive than she used to be. Do you guys agree?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nicknameless101

[2]Jun 7, 2010
    • level: 25

I thought Sam's always been like this...

NatalieTV100

[3]Jun 7, 2010
    • level: 10

I agree. In iPsycho and some of the more recent episodes, I'm finding myself not likingSam because of this exact reason.

Canada_Michael

[4]Jun 7, 2010

Sam often lacks basic social skills that you'd think by now she would've acquired. What seemed funny at the beginning of the series has just turned into WTH did Sam say/do that for moments now IMO.

MoonMarvel

[5]Jun 7, 2010
    • level: 5
    I would say more physically abusive.

krisiten

[6]Jun 7, 2010

Not really. If you think about it, theres a lot of episodes when she wasn't all that mean. She wasn't mean in iquit icarly. (I'm convinced Carly started the fight by verbally attacking sam..but thats a different story) Yes, she was specifically meaner in ipsycho. I kinda thought it was hilarious. Would you be nice if you were trapped by a crazy girl? Sam being rude makes her "Sam"

saylavee

[7]Jun 7, 2010
    • level: 18
    krisiten wrote:

Not really. If you think about it, theres a lot of episodes when she wasn't all that mean. She wasn't mean in iquit icarly. (I'm convinced Carly started the fight by verbally attacking sam..but thats a different story) Yes, she was specifically meaner in ipsycho. I kinda thought it was hilarious. Would you be nice if you were trapped by a crazy girl? Sam being rude makes her "Sam"

Yeah, actually she had toned down. In iFix a Popstar she wasnt really mean at all...well except insulting ginger, but they all were.

arnoldmcguire

[8]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 12
    Not to offend Seddiers, (This is just my honest opinion so don't attack me) but I think why Sam is more aggressive might be on how Dan wrote her in this episode as a wake up call to Seddiers to "stop pairing them because you've all went blind to the truth" kind. *hides out of fear*

1MMfan

[9]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 16

I think it's just the way Sam is. However, I think her character should grow a little. At first it was funny but now it's just old.

kikimarie593

[10]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 27
    I agree. Sam was my favorite character in the beginning of the show, but now it's all just violence and food jokes with her. It's like she doesn't have a soul anymore or something.

XEOCX

[11]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 7

Sam needs to mature more in the new season. Perhaps iBeat the Heat will have SOME development for her. I agree that in the past few episodes, she's been really harsh. I mean I know Sam's always been like that but she needs to mature.

krisiten

[12]Jun 8, 2010

I really wouldn't call any of the people on icarly mature, especially Sam or Spencer. Sam's written like that, but my friend brought up a point. She said thatJennette makes Sam really harsh. Sam could say mean stuff, but its how Jennette delievers it. She's a good actress, and she's improved as the series went along. That could be part of it...

hardcorefakes

[13]Jun 8, 2010
    krisiten wrote:

WOW do you have like, any conscience?

krisiten

[14]Jun 8, 2010
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:

Uhh...its called a TV show? Sam is made mean to be funny. Thats the only reason why she has an "out there" personality-- to be funny. So don't act like I'm the only american laughing at it..

Freddimamay

[15]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 4

This has totally been Sam throughout the series. Season 1 even referenced her breaking Gibby's thumbs in the past. She does have a soft sympathetic side, but mostly only Carly and Spencer get to see it

hardcorefakes

[16]Jun 9, 2010
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:

Uhh...its called a TV show? Sam is made mean to be funny. Thats the only reason why she has an "out there" personality-- to be funny. So don't act like I'm the only american laughing at it..
    DUH its a tv show. im not acting like your the only american. your just the only one i know who thinks that a person being mean another person is "hilarious"

Aprilshakira

[17]Jun 9, 2010

I like how Sam's all kick-ass. But I think she needs to mature. I've said this before and I'll say it again, people often compare my personality to Miss Sam Pukett, and often my friends get angry with me for being "too aggressive" but other times, like in iCarly, my friends are cheering for me when I take on someone whose been bothering us. I think Carly and Freddie should explode at Sam when she, say, breaks one of Spencer's sculptures and then lazily shrugs it off like Sam would. Carly, Freddie and Spencer are mad at first. But then later Sam tuggs on Freddie by his polo shirt, almost choking him, and Carly and Freddie rebuttle against her.

In the end, Sam matures and is less aggressive for the sake of her friends. I think it's very realistic, especially since it happened to me.

krisiten

[18]Jun 9, 2010
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:

DUH its a tv show. im not acting like your the only american. your just the only one i know who thinks that a person being mean another person is "hilarious"

Uhh...did I say that I laugh about it in real life? No. I said that I laugh when sam is mean on the show because ONCE AGAIN, she is mean for laughs. I think its ridiculous that you actually take a show so seriously to say I have no conscience because I think Sam is funny...not everyone can have no personality like carly..

vanillacupcakes

[19]Jun 9, 2010
    • level: 16

Umm...I think that Sam has gotten LESS mean. Not by much but a little, with the exception of iPsycho. I think it might have just been Nora that caused her to be so mean. We have gotten some glimpses of Sam's vulnerable side, which is what makes me like her over other bullies that aren't developed. She still has a long way to go though, so I agree with april and krisiten completely. It's just a show, and she entertains me. Her mean comments are what is funny. Don't tell me you haven't laughed at one of her insults. Okay, maybe you haven't, but personally I think it is funny, since it just a tv show. Sort of like Megan from Drake and Josh, it may be bad but it is funny. I do hope she keeps her attitude, but lessens the physical and emotional tormenting.

hardcorefakes

[20]Jun 11, 2010
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:

Uhh...did I say that I laugh about it in real life? No. I said that I laugh when sam is mean on the show because ONCE AGAIN, she is mean for laughs. I think its ridiculous that you actually take a show so seriously to say I have no conscience because I think Sam is funny...not everyone can have no personality like carly..
    now your acussing carly of having no personality. so what you laugh in your head or somethin? becausenyou said it was hilarious. just because she is mean for laughs, doesnt mean I laugh. you can laugh if you want. but i dont. and i do think sam is funny. but the bullying crap is seriously not funny. but carly has as much of a presanality-if not more- than sam