We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Is it just me or is Sam...

krisiten

[21]Jun 11, 2010
    • level: 5
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:

Not really. If you think about it, theres a lot of episodes when she wasn't all that mean. She wasn't mean in iquit icarly. (I'm convinced Carly started the fight by verbally attacking sam..but thats a different story) Yes, she was specifically meaner in ipsycho. I kinda thought it was hilarious. Would you be nice if you were trapped by a crazy girl? Sam being rude makes her "Sam"

WOW do you have like, any conscience?

Uhh...its called a TV show? Sam is made mean to be funny. Thats the only reason why she has an "out there" personality-- to be funny. So don't act like I'm the only american laughing at it..
    DUH its a tv show. im not acting like your the only american. your just the only one i know who thinks that a person being mean another person is "hilarious"

Uhh...did I say that I laugh about it in real life? No. I said that I laugh when sam is mean on the show because ONCE AGAIN, she is mean for laughs. I think its ridiculous that you actually take a show so seriously to say I have no conscience because I think Sam is funny...not everyone can have no personality like carly..
    now your acussing carly of having no personality. so what you laugh in your head or somethin? becausenyou said it was hilarious. just because she is mean for laughs, doesnt mean I laugh. you can laugh if you want. but i dont. and i do think sam is funny. but the bullying crap is seriously not funny. but carly has as much of a presanality-if not more- than sam

Alright, why didnt you just say that you dont think sam is funny in the first place? You're a little rude to call me someone with no conscience just because I laugh at sam. No offense, but is there a reason why you take a show on nickelodeon SO seriously? Do you like...have a life? no offense..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hardcorefakes

[23]Jun 11, 2010
    • level: 7
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:

Not really. If you think about it, theres a lot of episodes when she wasn't all that mean. She wasn't mean in iquit icarly. (I'm convinced Carly started the fight by verbally attacking sam..but thats a different story) Yes, she was specifically meaner in ipsycho. I kinda thought it was hilarious. Would you be nice if you were trapped by a crazy girl? Sam being rude makes her "Sam"

Uhh...its called a TV show? Sam is made mean to be funny. Thats the only reason why she has an "out there" personality-- to be funny. So don't act like I'm the only american laughing at it..
    DUH its a tv show. im not acting like your the only american. your just the only one i know who thinks that a person being mean another person is "hilarious"

Uhh...did I say that I laugh about it in real life? No. I said that I laugh when sam is mean on the show because ONCE AGAIN, she is mean for laughs. I think its ridiculous that you actually take a show so seriously to say I have no conscience because I think Sam is funny...not everyone can have no personality like carly..
    now your acussing carly of having no personality. so what you laugh in your head or somethin? becausenyou said it was hilarious. just because she is mean for laughs, doesnt mean I laugh. you can laugh if you want. but i dont. and i do think sam is funny. but the bullying crap is seriously not funny. but carly has as much of a presanality-if not more- than sam

Alright, why didnt you just say that you dont think sam is funny in the first place? You're a little rude to call me someone with no conscience just because I laugh at sam. No offense, but is there a reason why you take a show on nickelodeon SO seriously? Do you like...have a life? no offense..
    iv deleted my nasteir post. heres what im going to say

1) yes i have a life do you?

2.i never said she was un-funny just the bullying

3) i take it seriously because of personal reasons that i refuse to reaveal.

4) i agree i was being rude. how ever you too have to respect my opinion

that is as far as i will go with this.

Jakeo_89

[24]Jun 11, 2010

Wow it's all kicking off in here!

Well I am going to stay out of the argument above, but I will say no I don't agree with the claim Sam is meaner, but I think I do see where your coming from and I understand why.

I think Sam has actually come off meaner in more recent episodes, but I think it is circumstantial.

One of the more recent episodes is iSpace Out, where Sam came off as very angry. I believe this to be not a totally accurate indication of her anymore (it would have been in the past), but her reaction to the space madness, being locked up. They were all affected by it in their own way, it just brought out some of those traits in her again because she could not cope well.

Next then we had, ah, iBloop I think? There was no new Sam in this episode, or Freddie. Just meaningless outtakes.

Then after that we had iWont Cancel The Show. Once again there was no new Sam, so the last perception of Sam being very angry resides in our brains having not been replaced with a more current, normal personification of Sam.

Then we finally had iBIBF. New Sam. To be honest she did not strike me as overly angry or mean in this episode, just her usual self, so I don't have anything to add about this.

Finally we most recently have iPsycho, where Sam once again, just like iSpace Out, was locked away and confined in a small space. She again, cannot handle it well, and her weakness to adjust to that situation again showed itself bringing out her angrier traits. It again, got to the three of them. So I do believe like iSpace Out, it just showed Sam in her under-pressure state, and not her natural demeanor.

To conlcude, considering all this together, between March and here now in June, we have had two episodes where Sam was confined and reacted badly, two episodes she was not in at all, and one normal episode. So the long gap between new episodes, and a lack of new Sam, may have altered our more recent perceptions of her, as very angry. So I understand that argument from that approach, overall though I think she has calmed down alot since season one and early season 2.

Edited on 06/11/2010 2:51pm

hardcorefakes

[25]Jun 11, 2010

you bet it is!. lol i never thought about it that way

Edited on 06/11/2010 2:54pm

krisiten

[26]Jun 11, 2010
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:

iv deleted my nasteir post. heres what im going to say

1) yes i have a life do you?

2.i never said she was un-funny just the bullying

3) i take it seriously because of personal reasons that i refuse to reaveal.

4) i agree i was being rude. how ever you too have to respect my opinion

that is as far as i will go with this.

Bullying isnt something that should be taken lightly, I agree. But they do dull down Sam's bullying. No bully gives people wedgies, and she just picks on Freddie. Have you seen a real bully? They would probably beat the crap out of sam.

hardcorefakes

[27]Jun 11, 2010

krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:

iv deleted my nasteir post. heres what im going to say 1) yes i have a life do you? 2.i never said she was un-funny just the bullying 3) i take it seriously because of personal reasons that i refuse to reaveal. 4) i agree i was being rude. how ever you too have to respect my opinion that is as far as i will go with this.
    Bullying isnt something that should be taken lightly, I agree. But they do dull down Sam's bullying. No bully gives people wedgies, and she just picks on Freddie. Have you seen a real bully? They would probably beat the crap out of sam.
    well im not a bully, but if somebody messes with me or anybody in my family or friends, i fight back. and I can soo beat up sam, easily :/ you prabobly could too, if you knew the right moves everybody knows she caught joeclyn off-guard and rickey flame too. and those too idiot dudes fom IBIB were just weak X] and yes unfortunetly i have met a bully. i told the teacher and it was taken from there. and freddie i dont know. hes bigger than sam and he never fights back. but i guess that just means that he really cares for her

Edited on 06/11/2010 4:54pm

vanillacupcakes

[28]Jun 11, 2010
    • level: 16

My goodnessKrisiten and hardcorefakes debates in 2 threads??I wish we could all just bake a cake with butterflies and rainbows so we could all be happy! What the heck did I just quote Mean Girls?

Yes Sam was probably meaner because she was in a confined space, but she was acting mean even before she was locked in. Well at least she's been acting more civil towards Freddie. Shehas a long way to go, but she has gottenbetter with the physical abuse.Shedidn't hurt Nora at all until she started acting allpsychotic. I'm surprised she didn't hurt Ginger Fox either. She's getting there...she's just developing her character more slowly thanthe other characters.

krisiten

[29]Jun 11, 2010
    hardcorefakes wrote:

krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:

iv deleted my nasteir post. heres what im going to say 1) yes i have a life do you? 2.i never said she was un-funny just the bullying 3) i take it seriously because of personal reasons that i refuse to reaveal. 4) i agree i was being rude. how ever you too have to respect my opinion that is as far as i will go with this.
    well im not a bully, but if somebody messes with me or anybody in my family or friends, i fight back. and I can soo beat up sam, easily :/ you prabobly could too, if you knew the right moves everybody knows she caught joeclyn off-guard and rickey flame too. and those too idiot dudes fom IBIB were just weak X] and yes unfortunetly i have met a bully. i told the teacher and it was taken from there. and freddie i dont know. hes bigger than sam and he never fights back. but i guess that just means that he really cares for her

hahhahaa...i sorta take care of problems by beating people up. Not my problems, but people bully my cousin at school and I've been dragged away...a couple of times. I could beat up Sam just for the fact that I'm stronger than her. I'd probably end up beating her up for bothering me. this is so odd plotting how to beat up a fictional character... Maybe freddie is actually a gentlemen and doesn't hit girls...maybe..

hardcorefakes

[30]Jun 14, 2010
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:

krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:
    hardcorefakes wrote:
    krisiten wrote:

hahhahaa...i sorta take care of problems by beating people up. Not my problems, but people bully my cousin at school and I've been dragged away...a couple of times. I could beat up Sam just for the fact that I'm stronger than her. I'd probably end up beating her up for bothering me. this is so odd plotting how to beat up a fictional character... Maybe freddie is actually a gentlemen and doesn't hit girls...maybe..
    hahahaahh. you had to be dragged off. i know somebody whos like almost LITERALLY like sam, blonde hair, blue eyes, same personality. thats how i tell that me and sam would never be friends, because this girl and i frequently fight each other. well i dont hit her(im not a monster, and im a dude) but i often say things about her that im not proud of...

vanillacupcakes

[31]Jun 14, 2010
    • level: 16

Haha honestly I'd love to have a friend like Sam. That is if Sam treated me the way she treats Carly. If she didn't I think I'd be scared that she'd either hit me or insult me. Other than that, she seems like a lot of fun.

liliceyblue

[32]Jun 16, 2010
    • level: 2
    new here...actually this thread is what got me to join! nice to meet you guys

The only thing I can say to this is...it's just a TV show. In the real world, yeah Sam would be hard to get along with. But this is TV, and there's nothing wrong with enjoying a character on TV. If you liked the Joker from Batman, does that mean you support psychotic killers? Um, no, probably not. Maybe you thought Nora from iPhysco was really funny, so that automatically means you agree with locking people up in your basement? C'mon people, we have to be smart enough to realize that just because we like certain characters doesn't mean we actually model after them.

I love the character of Sam. I think she's extremely funny and quite honestly, the best part about the show. The way Jennette delivers the lines is great and the way the writers write is fantastic. Would I want a friend like Sam? Depends. Would she treat me like she treats Carly? If so -- then absolutely! She treats Carly so well and always looks out for her...I'd certainly like someone like that on my side. But if she treated me like she does Freddie? No, probably not.

Fact is, it's all a matter of taste. Maybe these kinds of characters appeal to you, maybe they don't. No reason to hate on anyone for having an opposing opinion. We just have to remember what this is: a work of fiction. It's not real. So Sam smacking Freddie around, it's not real. No one's getting hurt here. You can't judge someone's moral standings based on which fictional characters they like, that's absurd.

But yeah, just wanted to get that off my chest after reading this thread. kinda rambld, sorry lol!

marcdragicevic

[33]Jul 18, 2010
    • level: 21
    liliceyblue wrote:
    new here...actually this thread is what got me to join! nice to meet you guys

Haha, that's good as. Welcome How many iCarly episodes have you seen?

teenj12

[34]Jul 18, 2010
    • level: 26
    xboxplayer29 wrote:

Well I have not had time to watch the ENTIRE new season of iCarly...BUT after watching all the past episodes, this season, AND iPsycho... I am wondering if it is just me OR do you guys also think that Sam's behavior is becoming more and more aggressive as the series progresses? I remember she used to tease people playfully in hte beginning, but this season and especially in iPsycho I feel like Sam has become more verbally abusive than she used to be. Do you guys agree?

She has toned down a bit,but none of us can deny that Sam is verbally (and maybe Physically) abusive.