We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

"iPity the Nevel" Episode Disscusion

teenj12

[21]Mar 14, 2011
    • level: 26
    Zwingli4 wrote:

Yeah a good promo, but they shouldn't have shown Nevel being forced to drink out of Sam's sweaty dirty sneaker while I was eating. Frown

Lol! I was eating too!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vanillacupcakes

[22]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 16

Sneak peeks are up you guys!!

In iCarly "iPity the Nevel," premiering at 8:00 p.m. (ET/PT), a video of Nevel yelling at a little girl surfaces on the internet and everyone turns against him. At first, the iCarly gang relish in Nevel's social demise but they begin to feel badly for him after he comes to them for help. The gang tries to restore Nevel's reputation by encouraging him to apologize to the little girl for his bad behavior. Meanwhile, Freddie deals with a sudden wave of popularity from female fans after he stars as a hunky vampire in an online iCarly short film "Moonlight Twi-Blood." Did he sink his teeth into more than he can chew?

Uno

Dos

^That's my favorite one. Fredward Cullen is a WIN.

Tres

Fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun Fridayyyy(okay Thursday's) funfacts by Dan

KatiePhil

[23]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 3
    ROFL i watched all of em, and BY FAR the fredward one made my day. when carly said something about kissing, i thought freddie would break out of edward charcter and be like " ok!" but she was hysterically funny about it. ohhhh i loved it

RemDiamond

[24]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 5
    I think the skit is going to be hysterical. Overall, it looks like a pretty funny episode.

frontman19

[25]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 14

I have to say I think this episode looks pretty funny from those 3 sneak peeks, I look forward to seeing it tomorrow night.

teenj12

[26]Mar 19, 2011
    • level: 26
    I'm glad the web shows are getting funny again!

vanillacupcakes

[27]Mar 19, 2011
    Me too! Let's keep it that way. Their parodies are always my favorite.

I loved this episode. Maybe it was just my love of Nevel and Freddie's vampire voice, but it makes up for some of the bad episodes they've had this season cough iDo cough cough.

Spencer and Gibby were extremely random in this episode, lol. But NOOOO Gibby you're cheating on Tasha!!! How could you guys NOT be exclusive!

futuramarama

[28]Mar 19, 2011
    • level: 37
    This is one of the funniest episodes in a long time. It was nice to see Nevel (though them tying him up was kinda stupid imo, even if he wasn't all sad and mopy, what's the worst he could do to them?). Nevel was funnier in this episode, i think, then previous ones. Moments i thought were funny: "Just desserts" and them laughing and Gibby not getting it (made funnier because i too did not get it at first), Gibby in the ice, the pun foods at the karma party, like "Karma Apples", Nevel drinking from the shoe (in a totally gross way, of course). Also, whilst not funny, I liked Nevel's apology to the world, and more importantly, that girl. I thought it was a nice moment and i kinda hated the ending to the episode. The ending isn't bad per se i just wish it didn't end with him being mean and yelling to someone again. His line "Oh chiz" was funny though.

This brings me to another important funny thing in this episode- Spencer. Did he make an invention? No. Did he technically have a plot? No. and it was hilarious. This, to me, is really one of his funniest 'plots' ever. His lines about having a more prominent role or whatever is funny because of the place in the episode, obviously, he had no role, just doing/saying random things. Rubbing butter on his face, and being upset when nobody laughed, him randomly appearing when nevel and molly made up... he was funny without even having a plot. They should try to do this kind of thing again, it paid off well, imo.

I also liked Nevel's middle name being introduced. I like when we learn things about characters, ages, birthdays, middle names, etc. It makes watching interesting for me, because it feels like they are more than just characters on screen.

I wonder if Nevel will ever return. Granted, there's probably only going to be one more season of the show, or so, I think anyway. So it will be interesting to see if he will return. If he doesn't i think this was a good way to end it for him.

Overall, this is one of the funniest episodes of the current season. This is probably overall one of my favorites of the series, because of how funny it was and the plot. A+

KJLwriter

[29]Mar 19, 2011
    • level: 8
    I didn't really get the Just Desserts joke. My mom didn't get it either. Can someone explain it to me? I guess I'm like Gibby...lol. I liked the episode. The vampire short film was so funny! Freddie did a good job acting like a vampire. He looked a lot like Edward Cullen, which was really funny. Carly was really funny being the dumb girl again. I love her acting like that! She does that so well! Spencer was funny, even though he didn't have a big part in the episode. He was just there, but he was still funny. Jerry Trainor has that kind of talent. Gibby was funny. He was back to being his random weird self and I loved that. I loved Nevel in it also. He was so mean to that little girl, but he learned his lesson....but not quite. He went right back to being his old self with the guy in the wheel chair. Nevel will never change, which I love!! Great episode!!! Another great episode to the season!

frontman19

[30]Mar 19, 2011
    • level: 14

Futurama pretty much said everything I was going to say, but I am just going to agree and say this was by far the funniest episode of the season. I actually did like the iCarly short movie and most of the webshow, I love when the show isn't just silly and pointless and when they actually do parodies of something (kind of) relevant to popular culture. Obviously I liked Nevel's role in the episode, it humanized him, gave him another dimension that made him an interesting character. The fact that he threw away his prepared statement was a big step for him, and the apology was sweet. I just wish that last scene just didn't happen, it took away everything that made Nevel interesting and put him right back to a one-dimensional villain. Either way it was a great last appearance for him.

I loved Spencer's role in the episode, because it truly was hilarious how he could just make his presence felt without having a plot, he was just there in the background doing random things and being goofy, not being noticed and it was brilliant. Even in the Nevel apology scene, he didn't have to say a word and it added just a bit of humor to that otherwise dramatic scene.

Overall best episode of the season by far, I actually laughed out loud many times, and it might have my favorite iCarly joke of all time in it. Freddie's line about Just Desserts, I had the exact same reaction Freddie did when I heard it, at the exact same time. It was great. Also I liked that they moved to more mature plot lines, good work realizing they are not 13 anymore. Plus a blatant adult/inappropriate joke! It was all there. 9.5/10. (I think I'll copy this post into a review)

Now I definitely think there is going to be one more iCarly episode somewhere between now and the movie over the summer, another 3+ month block between episodes is going to give the fans fits, I hope Nickelodeon realizes that.

To the above post, the saying "Getting your just desserts" refers to someone having a downfall after doing something despicable, or living a life in which he did something wrong, it's essentially just a saying to describe karma coming back at someone.

Edited on 03/19/2011 9:33pm

Diamondgrl13

[31]Mar 19, 2011
    • level: 6

Am I the only one who thought this episode was lame? I didn't really like it at all, I'm sorry to say. :-( It was just lame. The writing stunk, I think. Does anyone know if that was Nevel's last appearance? Like officially??

futuramarama

[32]Mar 20, 2011

KJLwriter wrote:
    I didn't really get the Just Desserts joke. My mom didn't get it either. Can someone explain it to me? I guess I'm like Gibby...lol. I liked the episode.

when someone gets what they deserve, or what is coming to them, they get their "Just Desserts." because of what Nevel did, people hate on him for yelling at that girl, and so he is getting his Just Desserts. Freddie used that to make a joke. So, when asked what kind of food will be at the karma party, he says "Oh, Just Desserts" as a parody of what "Just Desserts" means.

pscf3

[33]Mar 20, 2011
    8/10. Best episode of season 4 by far, not to mention the funniest. The first half was hilarious, but the second half took a more serious note.

Oh, and Spencer did make an "invention" in the first scene. It was the egg shooter that didn't work and caught on fire.

nicknameless101

[35]Mar 20, 2011
    • level: 25

Loved this episode. I used to love to hate Nevel, but now, I see him as a more realistic person, with the way he feels bad about his actions. With the ending, I have to say, he's actually someone with anger issues, not so much a heartless villain.

futuramarama

[36]Mar 20, 2011

pscf3 wrote:
    Oh, and Spencer did make an "invention" in the first scene. It was the egg shooter that didn't work and caught on fire.

you're right, when i said he didn't make any,i forgot about this one

vanillacupcakes

[37]Mar 20, 2011
    *agrees with everything futurama and frontman said)
    I loved how Spencer's egg shooter randomly burst into flames. It reminded me of the ol' reoccuring gags in seasons 1 and 2. I thought it was very clever how his "plot" was not really having one. I think it's a lot better than having a lame subplot with Gibby that isn't all very funny, you know...like the one where he gets a haircut?? Ughh. Jerry Trainor finds a way to make anything he does or says funny, but this one really takes the cake for this season. Despite me sort of shipping Nevel and Gibby(don't judge me!), I did like Gibby's "randomness" in this episode. Nevel is trying to be all serious and sympathetic, yet Gibby doesn't really give a chiz. All he cares about is his pudding. xD Then the way he just shows up as a werewolf is randomly hilarious. I still think he should have been shirtless though, since that's how werewolves tend to be now-a-days. It's kind of like the "classic random Gibby" is back, similar to iHAI. With Gibby, less is more.

Ohhh, that Moonlight TwiBlood short. Only Dan could think of a male bra wanting to be in a relationship with ol' Fredward. "You look hungry. And stupid". Preach it! Even a stupid farmgirl knows that Twilight is stupid. xD Miranda nails the "dumb cowgirl" character and I just loved the way she flailed her arms when she was running. Also the way she was so demanding. "Come to my house." "'cause that's what I want!"

Does iCarly feel more "punny" to you?? I love it. It's cheesy yet admittedly funny, which basically sums up iCarly as a whole anyways.

A few more things I liked:
    -Freddie using his vampire voice to get girls. xD
    -The Karma party...with the Nevel pinatas, karma apples, and everything.
    -Carly crying and Sam awkwardly comforting her at the scene with Nevel and the little girl
    -Freddie's "Just Desserts" line, his reaction to how clever he was being, the trio high-five action, and Gibby not understanding the joke -A bit random, but I liked Sam's moustache necklace

AngelTails2

[38]Mar 20, 2011
    • level: 12
    Can Gibby get anymore unlikeable?

If Tasha and him weren't exclusive why did he make such a big deal when he thought Freddie and Tasha kissed? Small things like these make me dislike his character.

RomanZolanski

[39]Mar 20, 2011
    • level: 12
    AngelTails2 wrote:
    Can Gibby get anymore unlikeable?

If Tasha and him weren't exclusive why did he make such a big deal when he thought Freddie and Tasha kissed? Small things like these make me dislike his character.

SO TRUE!

My thoughts on thus episode have already been said, except for one thing: Who else feels that this episode is similar to Zoey 101 when Logan yelled at Dustin and then everybody hated him? Of course the rest of the two episodes were completely different, but just that one part seems like Dan went back to use ideas from his old show.

Anyways, yeah, amazing episode, especially with the lack of hilarity this season's been having.

vanillacupcakes

[40]Mar 20, 2011
    @angeltail: At this point Gibby is like a mini Hugh Hefner. He already was one in iSD, but now he is the "total player". It's fine for him to have a girlfriend with a few girls on the side, but if SHE gets another boyfriend...oh no no no. Gibby is too awesome for that. No seriously, with Dan's shows comedy > canon consistency. If it's funny, then screw the little details. I personally like how he acts like that, because for so long he's been the kid who can't get girls and is teased at frequently. He still is teased, but I like how he's all "Who's laughing now?? You wish you were a pimp like me!"(alright maybe he wouldn't say that but still). It's nice to see that turnaround, and it adds to the comedy of it all.

@roman: Yupp, when the plot was revealed a lot of people were thinking that's how it would play out. Luckily, it wasn't all that similar so we weren't that bored. I guess it's okay to sort of steal your own ideas though...haha.