We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

"iPity the Nevel" Episode Disscusion

KJLwriter

[41]Mar 20, 2011
    • level: 8
    futuramarama wrote:

KJLwriter wrote:
    I didn't really get the Just Desserts joke. My mom didn't get it either. Can someone explain it to me? I guess I'm like Gibby...lol. I liked the episode.

when someone gets what they deserve, or what is coming to them, they get their "Just Desserts." because of what Nevel did, people hate on him for yelling at that girl, and so he is getting his Just Desserts. Freddie used that to make a joke. So, when asked what kind of food will be at the karma party, he says "Oh, Just Desserts" as a parody of what "Just Desserts" means.

Oh, thank you for explaining that to me. I have never heard of that before. So, thanks for telling me about it! I appreciate it!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

futuramarama

[42]Mar 20, 2011
    • level: 37
    you're welcome, happy to help

teenj12

[43]Mar 21, 2011
    • level: 26

My official review:

Spencer: That fact that he was doing "nothing", was funny in itself . This has got to be his most random plotand he did nothing. NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!!

Nevel: It was sweet during the scene when hr apologized to Molly. It showed a more serious side of iCarly, that only bursts out in rare moments on the show. I didn't like how they ruined it at the end. For ONCE Dan, you should have not left the episode open ended.

Twiblood: Funny parody of Twilight. Freddie and Gibby being vampire/werewolf was extremely funny. The stupid cowgirl, this had to be her funniest appearence. Overall, a fantastic episode, that shows iCarly can be at its best at any time and come back with a banger.

Edited on 07/29/2012 9:25pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Fireofnature

[44]Mar 23, 2011
    • level: 13
    teenj12 wrote:

My official review:

Spencer: That fact that he was doing "nothing", was funny in itself . This has got to be his most random plotand he did nothing. NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!!

Nevel: It was sweet during the scene when hr apologized to Molly. It showed a more serious side of iCarly, that only bursts out in rare moments on the show. I didn't like how they ruined it at the end. For ONCE Dan, you should have not left the episode open ended.

Twiblood: Funny parody of Twilight. Freddie and Gibby being vampire/werewolf was extremely funny. The stupid cowgirl, this had to be her funniest appearence. Overall, a fantastic episode, that shows iCarly can be at its best at any time and come back with a banger after a few lousy episodes (As "fans" think).

Wholeheartedly agree, this really was on my list of favorites. I hated the end, however. As amusing as it may have been, it was still a horrible end, though it did show that no matter how hard you try: Old habits do die hard. He may need anger management.

As for Spencer, I think it was great seeing how he did "nothing" and was bored the whole time. The part where he just randomly walks in front of the camera, drinking soda (I'd claim it to be beer if it were a more adult show XD. Though it did look like a bottle of Miller XD). I think it also shows a more appropriate thing for a man his age, that maybe he's starting to feel that he wants to do something more with his life.

Klaxon96

[45]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 2

Wow, it's been a while since I posted here. Anyway I loved this episode, up until the ending, of course. Now, I'm not gonna freak out like I did with iGet Pranky a few months ago, but the ending just really ticked me off. Nevel earned his happy ending, but lost it right then and there! I just wish Dan wouldn't screw things up and give him a happy ending for once. And knowing this might be his last apperance makes this feel a lot worse too. :/

futuramarama

[46]Apr 3, 2011
    everytime i watch the scene of nevel walking and sitting on the bench, and then rain comes down, i always think it's rain. then, everytime we see the guy and his line 'this is what you get for yelling at that little girl- wet!' i laugh. like, every single time. just the randomness of it, like, why on earth would someone hold a hose just to get someone wet? i love that scene, it's one of the only scenes i can think of that makes me laugh whenever i see it

teenj12

[47]Apr 4, 2011
    futuramarama wrote:
    everytime i watch the scene of nevel walking and sitting on the bench, and then rain comes down, i always think it's rain. then, everytime we see the guy and his line 'this is what you get for yelling at that little girl- wet!' i laugh. like, every single time. just the randomness of it, like, why on earth would someone hold a hose just to get someone wet? i love that scene, it's one of the only scenes i can think of that makes me laugh whenever i see it

One of my favorites was when the guy yelled "JERK!"

futuramarama

[48]Apr 4, 2011
    let's face it, the episode has a lot of funny moments haha

hurr05

[49]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 10

nevel is a...idk what he is. in one episode, he hates icarly's guts, and all of a sudden he's begging for help from them. lmfao this show is crazy.

my favorite nevel moment which left me confused, scarred, and speechless:

FREDDIE: What is a "haberdashery"?

NEVEL: A "haberdashery" is a mens' retail shop that sells novelty items such as wallets, hats, buttons, belts, ribbons (wtf?!) and zippers! (HUH?)

teenj12

[50]Apr 16, 2011
    The "Just Desserts" joke was my favorite of the episode.

teenj12

[51]Apr 24, 2011
    Nevel has the same phone I have. The Virgin Mobile "Wild Card"!

marcdragicevic

[52]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 21
    My favourite part is probably when he is caught at the end of the episode, and he turns around to the girl.