We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iCarly/Victorious Spinoff

BrookeParker

[21]Aug 13, 2012
    • level: 12
    This should be interesting. Also, when someone said about if Noah Munck sung the theme song. LOL XD Mean, but kinda funny.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vanillacupcakes

[22]Aug 14, 2012
    • level: 16

Has nobody mentioned that Ariana, Jennette, and Noah are doing a movie together right now?? Swindle? LOL the plot sounds like a mess. What a waste of legitimately talented people.

IDK, this frustrates me. Like when Keke Palmer was so talented and got a really crappy show deal. Ariana was on Broadway and is crazy talented at singing. Jennette could nail versatile roles like rape victims, insane murderers, nerds, etc even at a young age. Noah is insanely funny just from the really small part in "Bad Teacher". I hate how really talented people are stuck in Nickelodeon for this long when they could be doing great projects. During hiatus, Jennette would focus on her music or Nickelodeon tv movies like "The Best Player" and it really disappointed me. Idk. She could do better.

The only one doing a movie that hits theaters is Nathan, who I think is really talented but the least talented of the iCarly sidekicks. I'm so happy he got a project he is so happy about though(and filmed in Michigan whooo!!). I love Victoria, but I find her the least talented of Victorious(besides Avan). Yet she's the one doing legitimate theater movies and the rest of the cast isn't doing much.

marcdragicevic

[23]Aug 15, 2012
    • level: 21
    Sam/Cat: I was excited for this show before I found out that they were basing it off their iCarly/Victorious characters. It still should be good, but we'll wait and see. Gibby: I have no complete idea why this is going to be a show, it'll be like 'Fred.'

By the way, Victorious was the number 1 rated show on Nickelodeon and it was still cancelled. Imagine how Nickelodeon is going to treat these shows after 2-3 seasons.

Fireofnature

[24]Aug 15, 2012
    • level: 13
    It was canceled, sadly, due to the whole 60-episode rule. I honestly think that rule sucks for any show at all, but oh well.

I wonder if, in Sam and Cat, either will talk about anything that went down in the crossover episode. Hopefully their characters may at least remember things. I worry the continuity of the show will be off. For instance, apparently it's been stated Robbie and Cat will get together in Victorious, well will she be dating him in Sam and Cat, if this is so and remains so to the end? If not, then we have continuity problems.

vanillacupcakes

[25]Aug 15, 2012
    Honestly I think the "60 episode rule" was an excuse from Dan. Victorious had higher ratings than almost all of the shows besides iCarly (sometimes) and Legend of Korra. They are beating BTR and How to Rock. It could have been the new iCarly....we all know they passed the 100 episode mark. Even if it isn't as popular, it could have lasted one more season and push past the 60 ep mark like Big Time Rush. They ended Drake and Josh because the actors wanted to move on, and they cancelled "The Amanda Show" for Amanda Bynes to be in What I Like About You. I honestly don't think Dan can handle 3 shows. He could barely handle doing iCarly and Victorious at once. It just also won't make sense for Cat to be in an alternate universe or attending HA and babysitting with Sam at the same time. I think Victorious wouldn't have gotten cancelled by Nickelodeon if Sam and Cat didn't exist. I'm starting to think Dan could have had a hint Victorious had a chance of ending. When people were asking him before about Victorious being cancelled, he kept saying "There are 13 episodes still left to air!!". That was the same thing he said when iCarly was done filming. People would ask if iCarly ended and he said "It's not over! There's an episode with Jimmy Fallon that hasn't aired yet AND an hr special!". [/my twisted opinion]

Fireofnature

[26]Aug 15, 2012
    Yeah I kind of agree with you on all of that, it does seem a bit sudden, and I did question the whole Cat plot hole thing. Though I'm not sure about your statement there on the Amanda Show. I thought that ended in like 2001/2002, while What I Like About You hadn't aired for several years later. Could be wrong on that thinking though, I need to check that out

vanillacupcakes

[27]Aug 15, 2012
    Actually you're right about The Amanda Show probably being a surprise....otherwise Dan wouldn't leave Moody's Point on such a cliffhanger right? But The Amanda Show ended in 2002, with WILAY starting in 2002(ended in 2006). I remember in one of the blogs Dan mentioned the possibility that they needed Amanda free to do that show.

I might not be right about Victorious. It's just one of my theories, and it's so darn suspicious that it ended the same time all these new shows started. Victorious also made a lot of money product wise. I just saw a bunch of singing Tori dolls in Target when I was gift shopping. You wouldn't expect NIckelodeon to let that go.

marcdragicevic

[28]Aug 15, 2012
    • level: 21

"The network's decision about Victorious had nothing to do with "Gibby" or "Sam & Cat". I promise. Even if there was no "Gibby" and no "Sam & Cat." "The network still would have ended Victorious after its 60-episode run." - Dan Schneider.

He said the show wasn't cancelled, the term is not accurate in this case.

When a show is cancelled, normally it's because of poor ratings.

My best guess, not enough revenue / money for the show to be run.

Edited on 08/15/2012 9:28pm

vanillacupcakes

[29]Aug 17, 2012
    How is the term "cancelled" not accurate?? Isn't a cancelled show just a show that the network decided to cut off?? Isn't that what Dan claims to have happened? Not arguing, this is a legitimate question.

Fireofnature

[30]Aug 17, 2012
    No, I think he's stating simply that they've made it so Victorious is "ending" like iCarly is ending, not cancelled. Victorious hit the 60 episode marker, I guess, and thus it's ending with that. Cancelled would be, for instance, an abrupt end. You know, like the eternal cliffhanger. For example, I'll use Victorious since we're talking about it. Sinjin goes nuts and points a gun at Beck, show's cancelled, so we never know what happens next. *Rim shot*

MusicAddictBabe

[31]Aug 17, 2012
    • level: 18
    VC - haha Along with my little dialoge bit, that sounds about right. I can picture them pointing all of those things out. I guess that does make sense, but still. It's like, let's not go overboard here, guys. And, no. I haven't gotten to iPear Store yet. But I will. By the sounds of it, I can already guess what he does. I'm probably wrong, but it almost sounds like he's just jealous that she got a promotion over him. Like I said, I still have yet to see it.

I feel bad for Daniella too. And it's not only her. I always feel bad for the actors who get the role of the annoying kid or someone who's sort of low on the totem pole. Although, I guess it's not too big of a deal to me until they get a similar role in some other show.

I knew Moody's Point left on a cliff-hanger! I thought maybe all these years I had missed an episode somewhere. What a bummer.

See, the way I think of Victorious is that it's just "discontinued". In my book, that means that it didn't "successfully" end (like, officially - there was no final episode like shows that have "ended") or wasn't necessarily cancelled in terms of the show not getting good ratings or anything. It's like a mix of both, IMO. Technically speaking, I'm probably wrong. But, like I said, "in my book".

vanillacupcakes

[32]Aug 17, 2012

Whoa, I totally skipped that paragraph Dan said it isn't "cancelled". My bad.

I still don't think that makes sense though. Dan said that the show WASN'T cancelled, but ended. For the show to have ended, it would have been a mutual decision of Dan and the network to end it. It doesn't seem this way though. Dan tweeted that he would love to film a series finale if the network and cast was up for it. It sounds to me it ended unexpectedly.

I think there has to be some sort of reason it was cancelled (or ended, whatever the term is). They could have lasted longer, especially since it was so profitable and successful in ratings. I honestly think the 2 spinoffs have something to do with it. There are great shows that have ended earlier than it should have, but it's more because of ratings or the writer. Victorious never had these types of problems.

Edited on 08/17/2012 8:15pm

MusicAddictBabe

[33]Aug 17, 2012
    You have a point there. Something doesn't add up.

Fireofnature

[34]Aug 17, 2012

A show can end for a number of reasons guys, spin off or not. If Dan said the spin off didn't cause it, then likely the spin off didn't cause it. A show can end because of stuff like the reason given 60 episode (Maybe consider whether or not Dan only signed Victorious on for 60 episodes). Other things, like casts moving on or wanting to end it can cause it. If actors get tired of doing something or get upset with something, perhaps they just quit, and there's really no replacing said actor, then the show has to end. Especially if they can't just simply write the actor out.

For example, say with iCarly, let's say Nathan got completely pissed off about all the hate Madison was getting, say he got tired of the fanwars and just wasn't strong enough to put up with it as he did and so he quit, or if Miranda herself quit, then iCarly would have ended right then and there. The fact that Dan said it was the 60 episode rule, I believe it.

Honestly, I think iCarly got some sort of special treatment that allowed it to get more than 60 episodes. It's the only show to pass that in a long time, really. D&J had about the same, Zoey had about the same, the majority had the same. Just because iCarly got more than 60 episodes, is it fair to assume that when Victorious hits 60 that the producers are lying once it ends? The spinoffs could quite literally be a coincidence.

Edited on 08/17/2012 8:51pm

vanillacupcakes

[35]Aug 18, 2012

Exactly, a lot of shows, especially Dan's shows ended because the cast wanted to move on. Drake and Josh, Zoey 101 (and some gotten written out of the show), etc all did this. All That could last longer, because they could replace cast members easily. Since his shows are successful, the show lasts until the cast is done (or Dan).

With Victorious, the cast was up for returning another season. If one or more of them were truly done or fed up with the show, Dan could have easily written a series finale episode and "ended" it properly. The cast would be aware it was ending ahead of time and not having to have a goodbye party at someone house only a few days before the announcement. It seemed unexpected to me.

I'm not saying Victorious should have lasted as long as iCarly, but it could have been renewed for another (short) season. BTR will already surpass 60 episodes since they got renewed. It's less popular than Victorious. Kenan & Kel went slightly past the 60 episode mark. I don't think 60 is a magical number, it's just the ideal amount of time before people think it's enough.

I'm not blaming Dan or accusing him of lying or anything. He's done a lot of trolling and I still like his shows, nothing would change that. I don't like when people are hating on "Sam and Cat", because I am honestly really excited and happy for it. I just think Victorious ending is suspicious on NIckelodeon's part. I can see it ending the way "The Amanda Show" ended. Everybody was up for making more episodes, but the network thought it was too much for the people involved and pulled the plug on it. And like I said, it's an unpopular theory that's not proven to be right. I'm aware of that and wouldn't hold it against Dan or anything. I've always thought Dan words things in a specific way so crazy fans don't get upset, and I thought that could be one of them.

MusicAddictBabe

[36]Aug 20, 2012
    I know you weren't talking about me, but now that I think about it, I'm really interested in what "Sam & Cat" will be like. I kind of hated the idea at first (and still am not extremely thrilled by it), but who knows? It could be totally worth checking out.

Not to mention - and I don't know if anybody else has this problem - for some reason, whenever I'm not too excited about a show premiering, I end up really liking it. I remember how much I really didn't want Victorious to come out (as a matter of fact, I think there was a thread on here somewhere with a whole rant session about it) and now I love it.

Anyway, I see what you mean. I really wish that Nick wasn't so darn "suspicious" about things. I mean, there's this whole thing on why Victorious is ending and then there also lies another question - why on earth do they keep only so many shows and play them on "repeat"? There are other issues I have with this station too and...ah...you know what, I think I'll just end this statement there because I know if I don't, I'm gonna rant about it for about 5 or so paragraphs. Believe me, I could go on all day about Nickelodeon and its weird antics.

teenj12

[37]Aug 20, 2012
    • level: 26
    You guys ever here that when its too much of a coincidence, its not a coincidence at all?

That might apply here. Maybe not on Dan's part. He may truly believe the new spin-offs were not the cause of Victorious' cancellation. But I think the people at Nickelodeon knew what they were doing.

Fireofnature

[38]Aug 21, 2012
    yeah there is a chance of that, I agree. They need to seriously consider how their airing their shows

Just_Jos

[39]Aug 24, 2012
    • level: 11

Despite popular belief, "Drake & Josh" didn't end because actors wanted to move on, Nickelodeon canceled it, Drake Bell said so himself on his Twitter account a couple of months ago. Nickelodeon wanted Dan to create a show to appeal to the female audience, the same way Disney Channel had with "That's So Raven" and "Hannah Montana", which is how "iCarly" came to be. However, Disney Channel was still killing Nickelodeon with "Hannah Montana" being so successful. So Nickelodeon went to Dan Schneider again to created a music-centric show to be their exact answer to "Hannah Montana", that show became "Victorious". "Victorious" failed to deliver in terms huge ratings and most importantly selling merchandise (soundtracks, clothes, backpacks) like ''Hannah Montana" did, also add to the fact that "Victorious" is expensive to produce, all that money being put into the show and Nickelodeon didn't get much out of it, the best solution was to cancel it. Also, don't believe that 60-episode stuff that Dan said on his blog, "iCarly" went over 60 episodes, isn't that right.

"Drake & Josh" was canceled, but at least Nickelodeon let the producers know ahead of time before the fourth season ended production, giving the show a proper series finale ("Really Big Shrimp"), even getting a Christmas film later on. From what Dan said on his blog and what Victoria Justice said in this interview: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1692462/victoria-justice-victorious-cancelled.jhtml, "Victorious" doesn't end properly and we'll be lucky if we get a wrap-up film at all.

Edited on 09/03/2012 8:42pm
    Edited 2 total times.

MusicAddictBabe

[40]Aug 24, 2012
    Wow. I didn't know that. That's intriguing.