We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iCarly ripped off Drake and Josh!

hipeoples4

[1]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 8
    I was watching "Attack of the little sisters thanksgiving weekend" on TeenNick today where they were showing episodes of Full House where Michelle was ruining everything and episodes of Drake and Josh where Megan was ruining everything, and at the beginning of the Drake and Josh episode "The Storm", it showed one of Drake's bandmates take his shirt off and then reveal that he had a tatoo of a foot on his chest. And in the iCarly episode "iChristmas", Carly went to see Sam in juvy and they discussed Sam's mom having a tatoo of a foot on her foot. I can't believe it!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HaydenAvery

[2]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 21
    1. dan schneider made both shows! and 2. many jokes can be similiar!

saylavee

[3]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 18

Alot of the shows Dan makes share similar jokes and features. for ex D&J and iCarly mention peruvian puff pepper (iCook)

there r alot of similarities between iCarly and Zoey101, the pear products which im pretty sure is used in D&J, the word cummupance (sp?), splashface i belive as well

MEandChad4ever

[4]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 4

Calm down. Take a deep breathe.

Ok, first, let's make sure we all understand that characters having similiar tatoos is NOT riping off.

And second, I'm sure we all know that Drake and Josh and iCarly were created by the SAME person, right?

Now, do we feel better? =)

hipeoples4

[5]Nov 29, 2009
    MEandChad4ever wrote:

Calm down. Take a deep breathe.

Ok, first, let's make sure we all understand that characters having similiar tatoos is NOT riping off.

And second, I'm sure we all know that Drake and Josh and iCarly were created by the SAME person, right?

Now, do we feel better? =)

I know that Dan Schnieder created both shows, but why would he steal ideas from his own show, is what I felt like asking. But I know that it's a dumb question and I didn't know what I was saying

NatalieTV100

[6]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 10
    Yeah iCarly sure did ripoff Drake and Josh . If you watch Dan's shows(Drake and Josh, iCarly, Zoey 101) alot of the jokes are similar and have conections. Like in iCarly Sam and Carly were watching Girly Cow and in Zoey101 Lola and Quinn were watching it too and like someone already mention they also have Pear products.

marcdragicevic

[7]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 21
    Yeah I have noticed that they both watch Girly Cow and the same scenes out of Girly Cow

taillow22

[8]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 11
    I think that the two shows have the same writers, but I don't see why they repeat the same jokes, we're not gonna laugh at them twice (unless theyre really funny)

hipeoples4

[9]Nov 29, 2009

taillow22 wrote:
    I think that the two shows have the same writers, but I don't see why they repeat the same jokes, we're not gonna laugh at them twice (unless theyre really funny)

Whoa dude, you havent been on for such a long time, so, welcome back. By long time I mean back when I still used fffffffyo22

taillow22

[10]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 11
    hipeoples4 wrote:

taillow22 wrote:

Whoa dude, you havent been on for such a long time, so, welcome back. By long time I mean back when I still used fffffffyo22

(high 5s) I was looking for that name but I didn't see it at least now I know you're him though haha.

hipeoples4

[11]Nov 29, 2009
    One weird thing is, you know how the Drake and Josh and Full House marathon on TeenNick was called "Attack of the little sisters thanksgiving weekend", it was supposed to show Megan do bad stuff in the Drake and Josh episodes, but she did not do nearly 1 evil thing in the episode this thread is about, "The Storm".

fryman1701

[12]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 7
    we have also heard the line "That tears it" from a number of different characters on both D&J and iCarly. Galaxy Wars exists in both shows, not just the film, but one of the characters has been in both shows(Nug Nug, played by the same actor, D&J ep 'Battle of Panthatar, iCarly ep 'iCook' ) Doesn't mean anything is being ripped off, just means they share writters, and are set in (it seems) the same universe.
    Edited on 11/30/2009 9:23am

schillingklaus

[13]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 12

Megan made three of Drake's girlfiriends or exes sit together, against Drake's command to keep them separated.

Drake called her a bad girl for that.

Of course it was something good. Exes and gfs of Drake meet on a regular base at belleview High and stuff, the great break, the cafeteria, the locker hall, which is impossible to avoid a thee are so many, and they sure talk behind Drake's back. But through Megan's agency, Drake finally got to know what his girls are talking behind his back. He should thank Megan for that!

wallflower07

[14]Nov 30, 2009
    Did Dan work for hey arnold too because he borrowed one idea from them in Ithink they kissed. Then the new show I quit icarly he is using the episode where arnold and gerald meet singer dino spomoni and his partner don are trying to create there own songs then Arnold and Gerald get so involved in the arguinng the start to argue about acts for a talent show and decide to do seperate acts sound familar

pixarprincess

[15]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 13
    I remember reading a full article on Wikipedia about Dan Schnieder (Is that spelled correctly?) and his works. Some of them borrow each others concepts at times and even reference each other, too. As long as it's all by the same brilliant guy, is it really ripping off?

futuramarama

[16]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 37
    They are both made by the same person, and therefore probably have a lot of identical jokes, people just don't really pay attention much

DarthFreeza

[17]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 23

They're mainly just allusions, not ripping anything off.

To point out another that I don't think anybody mentioned:

We all remember the episode where iCarly endorces the Tech-Foot by Deika Shoe Company?
    Well Deika was also the name of the company that used Drake's song in their commercial in "Really Big Shrimp".

fryman1701

[18]Dec 1, 2009

My wife and I both think that all the shared references (Deka shoes, Galaxy Wars, the pic of Drake in Sams locker) are all leading up to some kind of crossover between the two casts, either as guest appearances in episodes, or a full blown TV movie like D&J save Christmas.

liselot14

[19]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 2
    I think that the crossovers make the shows more real. Because Girly Cow, for example, was so popular in Zoey101, and it'd be weird if the iCarly people didn't know the show, since they're almost the same age, or at least the group that the show is aimed on.

NatalieTV100

[20]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 10
    liselot14 wrote:
    I think that the crossovers make the shows more real. Because Girly Cow, for example, was so popular in Zoey101, and it'd be weird if the iCarly people didn't know the show, since they're almost the same age, or at least the group that the show is aimed on.
    Yeah, I agree. It sort of sets the show in the same universe knowing that they have the same common interest.