We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iCarly ripped off Drake and Josh!

marcdragicevic

[21]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 21
    I just think by doing similar things on both shows, they draw the majority of the same audience from Zoey 101 to the new audience of iCarly in a way.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

garnergeek

[22]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 14
    okay wow! is this seriously a topic!?? ICARLY IS A SPIN OFF OF DRAKE AND JOSH!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS MADE BY THE SAME PERSON, IT IS ON THE SAME NETWORK AS DRAKE AND JOSH, THEY ALL SAY "NUB", THEY ALL SAY "BOOB", i can't think of anything else but DUHHHH!!!!! it's not ripping anything off. THERE ARE A LOT OF THE SAME JOKES AND NICKNAMES AND SUCH... THEY DID THAT ON PURPOSE IT IS A SPIN-OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marcdragicevic

[23]Dec 4, 2009
    garnergeek wrote:
    okay wow! is this seriously a topic!?? ICARLY IS A SPIN OFF OF DRAKE AND JOSH!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS MADE BY THE SAME PERSON, IT IS ON THE SAME NETWORK AS DRAKE AND JOSH, THEY ALL SAY "NUB", THEY ALL SAY "BOOB", i can't think of anything else but DUHHHH!!!!! it's not ripping anything off. THERE ARE A LOT OF THE SAME JOKES AND NICKNAMES AND SUCH... THEY DID THAT ON PURPOSE IT IS A SPIN-OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you so much.

futuramarama

[24]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 37

garnergeek wrote:

Technically it isn't a spinoff because a couple actors might be the same, but there aren't any characters, like Miranda Cosgrove doesn't play Megan, she plays Carly. Or Jerry Trainor does not play Crazy Steve, he plays Spencer. So while it is often similar, it doesn't exactly qualify as a spinoff

NatalieTV100

[25]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 10
    futuramarama wrote:

garnergeek wrote:

Technically it isn't a spinoff because a couple actors might be the same, but there aren't any characters, like Miranda Cosgrove doesn't play Megan, she plays Carly. Or Jerry Trainor does not play Crazy Steve, he plays Spencer. So while it is often similar, it doesn't exactly qualify as a spinoff

Yeah with spinoff's they usually take one character from the original show and have thier own show centered around them. I just think that Dan's shows are just set in the same universe which gives them a special contection.

marcdragicevic

[26]Dec 4, 2009
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    futuramarama wrote:

garnergeek wrote:

Yeah with spinoff's they usually take one character from the original show and have thier own show centered around them. I just think that Dan's shows are just set in the same universe which gives them a special contection.

Yeah they are surely connected. Not sure if Universe is the right word but anyway, who cares.

NatalieTV100

[27]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 10
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    futuramarama wrote:

garnergeek wrote:

Yeah they are surely connected. Not sure if Universe is the right word but anyway, who cares.
    By universe I mean the watch they same shows and have interest that they relate to.

marcdragicevic

[28]Dec 4, 2009
    Oh right. I get you now.