We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iCarly NOT Renewed for another season

Ruffmanfan882

[1]May 14, 2012
    • level: 6

accordding to this http://www.teen.com/2012/05/11/television/glee-pretty-liars-icarly-renewed-2013/iCarly is going to be back for another season.

Edited on 05/17/2012 10:23pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nicknameless101

[2]May 14, 2012
    • level: 25

Cools.

tigerdude22

[3]May 14, 2012
    • level: 43
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I mean, come on, 6 seasons is good enough especially because the show is getting boring now. I'm lucky that I got to at least enjoy "iOpen A Restaurant" and "iHalfoween" but all of the other episodes aren't very good. This show is suffering. I also want this show to be canceled after Season 6 because I want Dan to focus more on "Victorious".

Man, I was so happy hearing Season 6 will be the final season and now they change the news that there will be a Season 7. Sigh, another miserable year of having "iCarly" on Nickelodeon... I don't hate the show but it is getting boring now and wanted it to stop.

SunnyRainbowDay

[4]May 15, 2012
    • level: 5

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! WHEN WILL THIS END?!

teenj12

[5]May 15, 2012
    • level: 26
    Damn! Go iCarly! Everyone stop hating, iCarly is beasting! Like Omg, 7 seasons! That's just incredible!

marcdragicevic

[6]May 15, 2012
    • level: 21
    That's odd, I thought they said this was the last season. If this comes out true, that's actually good news.

marcdragicevic

[7]May 17, 2012
    Nickelodeon just said that the last episode is set to air in November.

marcdragicevic

[8]May 17, 2012
    http://www.nick.com/celebrity/news/icarly-series-finale.html

The last month of filming will be June. https://twitter.com/NickelodeonTV

Ruffmanfan882

[9]May 18, 2012
    • level: 6
    Marc, Thanks for changing the title. I was going to do that anyway. I guess that site was wrong big time. even though it can be a trusted site.

teenj12

[10]May 18, 2012
    Aww, really?

Wow, so November 2012 is the funeral month of iCarly. Its not gonna be easy to tell it goodbye, that's for sure .

marcdragicevic

[11]May 18, 2012
    Sadly yeah, almost the end now. Nick. have decided this will be the final season. "Nickutopia is not affiliated with Nickelodeon in any way." NickeldeonTV on twitter.

The good thing is that some of the cast members will be on new shows now but Miranda is going to College.

vanillacupcakes

[12]May 18, 2012
    • level: 16

So, I'm actually kind of happy. I think iCarly has been getting worse and jokes are getting old/reused, so I think it's best for it to end as gracefully as possible. I think it is a good time to end it and imo, I think it should have ended a few months ago. Although it will feel weird to me that iCarly is ending, it's had a good run. I wasn't expecting this show to last this long tbh. I am excited for the new Nickelodeon projects for Jerry, Noah, and Jennette, even though I DID want them to move away from Nickelodeon and do more serious stuff. I am a sucker for series finale episodes, and I am psyched to see it. I really want Freddie to say "And we're clear" for the last line of the show...it might be cheesy but I've always pictured it ending like that!

Oh, and I think we should still stay on the iRamble thread over here, or all switch to the forum of Jennette's new show. Or both. Haha. Who's with me??

Edited on 05/18/2012 10:26pm

marcdragicevic

[13]May 19, 2012
    We should. I wonder what Jennette's new show is called.

teenj12

[14]May 19, 2012
    Iin the final episode, Freddie finally says "1" ^ ^ .

Fireofnature

[15]May 21, 2012
    • level: 13
    I'm kind of glad about it to be honest. All the fan wars and everything just kind of killed iCarly, and it's become all about shipping now, so the fun of the show is just dead. I've lost some respect for Freddie's character (Funny, because in Victorious I've now officially gained respect for Tori but lost major respect for Beck). Hope the finale is good, but seeing the recent episodes, I think it'll end up being a bit lacking....who knows, maybe they'll surprise us. I don't suppose there's any info on the final episode yet

teenj12

[16]May 23, 2012
    ^I don't think they've shot it yet.

futuramarama

[17]May 28, 2012
    • level: 37
    back when this topic was about it being renewed i was really shocked. now i don't know what i am.

jegolas1973

[18]Jun 1, 2012
    • level: 22

It's sad to see iCarly go, but I think it's had a nice long run on television. As for Dan, he can now concentrate more on Victorious.

alexspotsme

[19]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 15
    I'll be okay letting iCarly go. I mean, the show has been on total lax mode during the 4th season after iStart A Fan War. Later on, the 4th and 5th season had the least amount of episodes. Season 6 is likely having 14 (from what I heard). Wow Noah, 14 whole episodes; thats 1 more than Season 4's episodes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWlnRJFOkyM

Season 6 episodes haven't been the best either; because everything's been done and nothing new is coming out of the show. I feel like theyre just sitting around and saying "Oh yeah, we've been here awhile; guess it's time to end. But before we do, might as well make the best of it. Instead of showing Season 6 potential"

Personally, I feel like Season 6 wont be so eventful until the very last few episodes. Which I can enjoy. Possibly.

I also feel like the show is becoming desperate in trying to get celebrities to guest star; like recently Jimmy Fallon will guest star. Soon the same will happen to Emma Stone. Now they're trying to get Tom Hanks on the show as Carly's Dad. I won't be surprised if viewer ratings don't change after these three. Except One Direction got it back to the 4 million; which is the minimum iCarly use to make.

Anyways, jerkish rant is over. I just expect more out of iCarly now.

MusicAddictBabe

[20]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 18
    ^ I sort of agree. I actually think that the whole Seddie/Creddie issues ruined it for me. Not saying anything against actual Seddie/Creddie fans, just in general. They would've never had that iStart a Fan War episode if it hadn't been for the intense arguments about who was gonna date who. I mean, it's a show. Who really cares that much? Sorry for sounding like a jerk about it. It's just...I think the show could've gone a lot better since that season if so many fans weren't that uptight about who dated whom. But I'll end that statement there. Anyway, I feel like the new episodes lack, I don't know, true purpose or something like that. I remember when a lot of the older stuff dealt with the web show. Or it dealt with random people (like Nevel or Lewbert or even Miss Briggs). But then it dealt with drama among the group.

I'll be okay with it ending. I love iCarly, but, lately, the episodes have been going a little downhill (at least for my taste). I remember how I used to hate watching reruns from the first season, but now I kind of miss them. Although, my favorite seasons were around late season 2 to somewhere in season 4. I've rarely seen any of the newer episodes, but what I have seen, I haven't really liked. On the other hand, I never really liked Victorious to begin with and thought it was kind of dumb. Now, I've noticed that whenever it's on, I'll sit down and watch it almost every time.

It's kind of sad because I remember how much I really liked iCarly and used to watch every new episode there was (I even made a couple fanfics...that I never finished heh heh). But not anymore. Still, it's not a bad show and I will miss it, but 6 seasons is a good amount. I hope their last episode is awesome. I really like shows that end on good notes and when the last episode answers a lot of unanswered questions throughout the series.

Now, I'm done. On a positive note, I hope it doesn't get thrown off Nick after it ends like every other show. It's a good show and I'd love to still be able to watch reruns after it ends.