We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

"iApril Fools" Episode Discussion

Spine

[1]Mar 9, 2012
    • level: 2

This next episode is expected to air on March 24th along with a Victorious episode for April Fools day. Not sure what it's about except for April Fools day. So, discuss this episode here!

Edited on 03/09/2012 11:29am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nicknameless101

[2]Mar 9, 2012
    • level: 25

Well, I'm sure that iApril Fools will be full of pranks.

alexspotsme

[3]Mar 10, 2012
    • level: 15
    So I guess this is where we say hello to the sixth season of iCarly. This may possibly be the most exciting one yet; with all the throwbacks coming back to us, and much more to that. Including the 100th episode. Looking forward to all that is in store for iCarly!

Spine

[4]Mar 13, 2012
    • level: 2

Here is a whole bunch of information I found that will be in the episode:

Plot: Carly and Spencer recall past events in a skewed way as they face eviction on April Fools' Day.

Jerry Trainor will make his directorial debut with this episode.
    This is the first episode of iCarly ever to be directed by a cast member.
    BooG!e will guest star as T-Bo.
    Mindy Sterling makes a return appearance as Ms. Briggs
    This episode contains flashbacks from some of the very first episodes of iCarly including iPilot, iHatch Chicks, iHate Sam's Boyfriend, and more.
    Most of the actors will be dressed up to look like their Season 1 selves.
    iCarly's sister show, VICTORiOUS is also having an April Fools Episode.
    In production, though this is the first episode airing for this season. It was the third episode filmed.

Huntley

[5]Mar 19, 2012
    • level: 4
    There's currently a speculation whether or not this episode will be marketed as the start of a new season or if it will be thrown into the Season 5 episode count since that season was meant to have 13 episodes but only got around to having 11.

Ruffmanfan882

[6]Mar 19, 2012
    • level: 6
    Huntley wrote:
    There's currently a speculation whether or not this episode will be marketed as the start of a new season or if it will be thrown into the Season 5 episode count since that season was meant to have 13 episodes but only got around to having 11.

On here we will most likely count iApril fools as this current was. So iLost My find to iToe Fate Cakes will be season 5 and iApril Fools will be season 6 here no matter what. Thats what happened to the Victorious episode

Huntley

[7]Mar 19, 2012
    • level: 4

Other web sources are starting to list it as Season 6 Episode 1 but still, the network can make so many odd decisions in this case. There's a chance they may have this episode be the start of a new season since it's obviously from the new season's filming cycle, but as happened to "A Christmas Tori" with Victorious they can market some other episode later on as the season premiere.

Edited on 03/19/2012 2:24pm

Fireofnature

[8]Mar 24, 2012
    • level: 13
    Eh I didn't care for this. The victorious episode either, really. It was just too random. I mean, it was funny, sure, but at the same time, it just seemed too off. I guess.

83optics

[9]Mar 24, 2012

learned:

* clip shows, what are you gonna do, huh?

* France is bad for kids.

* confusing April Fools with a street brawl...

* moar Party Bush

* Sparky > Poachy

* that is definitely Sam's best hair.

* i want to see Sam and Carly's kids in the future...

Edited on 03/25/2012 7:45am

alexspotsme

[10]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 15
    Truly the weirdest episode for both iCarly and Victorious.

It was funny and it did make me smile with the nostalgia, it clearly was a nice start up for Season 6. The new opening was killer too, a throwback to the season 1 opening and colliding with season 6. Of course Dans gonna edit it to make it less random, just like the episode.

I got the feeling this and Victoriou's April Fools episode was the price of producing both shows simultaneously and in the same studio.

But to be honest, what was so April Fools' about these two episodes? For iCarly, I really don't get the idea. Gibby wasn't helping either; it made absolute no sense. But it was all for good fun i suppose. It is a kid show, and kids will always be entertained by shows such as iCarly; not so much as Victorious because it's more awkward and 'teen' like.

nicknameless101

[11]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 25

This was the strangest episode I've ever seen, so far. I couldn't believe Carly and Spencer were getting evicted from their apartment for the stupidest reason! It was totally unexpected that T-Bo was suddenly a genie in a lamp, everyone added stuff to the flashbacks that weren't originally there, Gibby would think April Fools involves hitting people with a stop sign, and the way the episode ended. I mean, I could've sworn that the eviction was just an April Fool's Day joke! As for the Back to the Future parts 1 and 2 reference, I couldn't decide whether to be thrilled or shocked. It seems clear now that Carly or Sam will have Freddie eventually..

Fireofnature

[12]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 13
    nicknameless101 wrote:

This was the strangest episode I've ever seen, so far. I couldn't believe Carly and Spencer were getting evicted from their apartment for the stupidest reason!

With all due respect though, forgetting to pay rent IS a good and valid reason for eviction, so that one was believable enough. The whole accidentally stabbing the owner with whatever, though, that didn't make a whole lot of sense. Though, I can still see a mishap happening that pisses the owner/landlord off enough that they force an eviction, so, maybe it isn't so far off...

pokemonmonmon

[13]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 5

nicknameless101 wrote:

This was the strangest episode I've ever seen, so far. I couldn't believe Carly and Spencer were getting evicted from their apartment for the stupidest reason! It was totally unexpected that T-Bo was suddenly a genie in a lamp, everyone added stuff to the flashbacks that weren't originally there, Gibby would think April Fools involves hitting people with a stop sign, and the way the episode ended. I mean, I could've sworn that the eviction was just an April Fool's Day joke! As for the Back to the Future parts 1 and 2 reference, I couldn't decide whether to be thrilled or shocked. It seems clear now that Carly or Sam will have Freddie eventually..

it was an aprils fools episode. the whole point of the episode was that everything was a joke and all screwy. also if someone doesnt pay rent, or accidentally stabs the owner those are actually good reasons. theyre lucky they werent taken to court for assault even if it was accidental. besides at the very start of the episode they said freaky things would happen and if you werent normal dont watch. so no point in complaining really

alexspotsme wrote:
    Truly the weirdest episode for both iCarly and Victorious. It was funny and it did make me smile with the nostalgia, it clearly was a nice start up for Season 6. The new opening was killer too, a throwback to the season 1 opening and colliding with season 6. Of course Dans gonna edit it to make it less random, just like the episode. I got the feeling this and Victoriou's April Fools episode was the price of producing both shows simultaneously and in the same studio. But to be honest, what was so April Fools' about these two episodes? For iCarly, I really don't get the idea. Gibby wasn't helping either; it made absolute no sense. But it was all for good fun i suppose. It is a kid show, and kids will always be entertained by shows such as iCarly; not so much as Victorious because it's more awkward and 'teen' like.
    personally i like victorious more but thats probably because im closer to their age which is actually recursive to what you just said so nvm. for victorious i think the april fools about this was that everyone was acting weird and differently than their usual selves which is probably a tradition at the school. as for icarly having flashbacks of events in a skewered version was probably what made that episode aprils fools.

teenj12

[14]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 26
    Okay, the episode was really random. The most random episode in the entire series in my opinion. The best bits were:

-The puppy flashback.

- The reference to Sam/Spencer's paintball war from iSYL.

- The shock pen returns again!

- The Back To The Future ending !!!

frontman19

[15]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 14

I didn't take this episode seriously at all and because of that I found it to be really funny. It's a joke, it was telegraphed right from the beginning that it was going to be strange, random, silly, pointless. That's exactly what it was. I loved Matt Bennett's cameo, the Back To The Future ending, and most of the faux flashbacks. Pretty well done.

KJLwriter

[16]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 8
    My favorite part of the whole episode was the Back to the Future ending. I know that Jennette McCurdy LOVES that series, so I'm sure she loved that part. I also was happy to see it because I just saw that movie for the first time ever about one month ago. Anyway, was anyone just waiting for Dan to just pop up into the t.v. screen at the end of each show, and say, "APRIL FOOLS, KIDS!" I was totally waiting for that, but unfortunately, it didn't happen.

Ruffmanfan882

[17]Mar 28, 2012
    alexspotsme iCarly is not produced in the same studio as victorious. iCarly records now at KTLA studios now. Sadly they moved.

tigerdude22

[18]Apr 7, 2012
    • level: 43
    This episode was stupid and boring. It has a few mildly funny moments but other than that, it's really just a waste of time and very stupid

I rate this episode a 4 out of 10

pscf3

[19]Apr 8, 2012
    • level: 16
    I saw like 3 minutes of this and turned away. It's really sad how a show once great is now down in the gutter. Should've called it quits last year.

vanillacupcakes

[20]May 12, 2012
    • level: 16
    This was the trippiest episode ever, but the Back to the Future bit at the end, the iPilot flashback and the thing with Spencer's long hair cracked me up.