We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

I feel like this show has died...

stui8

[1]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 30

i dont know i just have a feeling this show died.... anyone feel like it too?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Diamondgrl13

[2]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 6

I think it's starting to decline..in the quality/originality of the episodes. I wouldn't necessarily say it's "died"..but I've been regularly disappointed with the "new" episodes for a while. Kinda sad. :-(

pscf3

[3]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 16
    Not really.

Uranium_OJ

[4]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 6

yeah, I don't remember a REALLY good episode since iSpeed Date. They've all seemed like "fillers" since then. No character development, too much reference to their web show, not as many good jokes...

pscf3

[5]Aug 26, 2010
    iBelieve in Bigfoot...........

teenj12

[6]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 26
    pscf3 wrote:
    That was real good.

pscf3

[7]Aug 26, 2010
    I know, it's my favorite of the whole series.

teenj12 wrote:
    pscf3 wrote:
    That was real good.

iCarly317

[8]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 13
    If it was on any other network, it would probably seem more normal to say that the show is "declining." But I think people are expecting too much for a show that airs on Nick. That, and there's the fact that when the show first started it seemed like the most popular show ever created on Nick, and now the episodes just seem ordinary. I think people's expectations are finally dying out, not the show itself.

pscf3

[9]Aug 26, 2010
    Agreed.

iCarly317 wrote:
    If it was on any other network, it would probably seem more normal to say that the show is "declining." But I think people are expecting too much for a show that airs on Nick. That, and there's the fact that when the show first started it seemed like the most popular show ever created on Nick, and now the episodes just seem ordinary. I think people's expectations are finally dying out, not the show itself.

teenj12

[10]Aug 26, 2010
    iCarly317 wrote:

Don't pull out the "It airs on nick" card,that's NO excuse.

Canada_Michael

[11]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 10

The show does have a different feel to it, that started for me since the episode with the fan holding them hostage. That episode & the ones that followed seem somewhat off. I don't know maybe they are trying too hard to make the show more adult in nature, & in so doing are moving further away from what made it a hit in the first place.

iCarly317

[12]Aug 26, 2010
    teenj12 wrote:
    iCarly317 wrote:

How is that no excuse? Since it IS on Nick, the quality of the show isn't always important and its what the kids like that is important. If it was on any other network, it would be a different story.

teenj12

[13]Aug 26, 2010
    iCarly317 wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:
    iCarly317 wrote:

How is that no excuse? Since it IS on Nick, the quality of the show isn't always important and its what the kids like that is important. If it was on any other network, it would be a different story.

That makes no sense to me. If we feel the show died than that's us,If kids feel the show hasn't died than that's them.

pscf3

[14]Aug 26, 2010
    So, you think the show has died?

teenj12 wrote:
    iCarly317 wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:
    iCarly317 wrote:

That makes no sense to me. If we feel the show died than that's us,If kids feel the show hasn't died than that's them.

iCarly317

[15]Aug 26, 2010
    teenj12 wrote:
    iCarly317 wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:
    iCarly317 wrote:

You're not getting the point. I'm saying because it is on Nick...sometimes its just important that kids like and enjoy the show. It doesn't always matter if teens or anyone older than a teen feels that the show is "declining" because that's not what's always important.

Canada_Michael

[16]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 10

The reason it's not important that it's on Nick is because its always been on Nick. So when people say they think the show has changed they are comparing the show to itself, not a show that changed networks & suddenly changed because of it.

I think even kids will see a change in iCarly I don't think it is isolated to older fans. If anything I think younger fans will find these most recent episodes less enjoyable then older fans.

Edited on 08/26/2010 4:50pm

Jakeo_89

[17]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 5
    While I did not enjoy some episodes of season three so much, I really can't say the show has declined.

The show is obviously changing naturally. The actors are getting older and come off differently, both in how they play their characters and their own aging shining through. Also the format has become far more familiar because the show has been going on so long.

In terms of the storylines, or comedy, that is entirely a personal view. I think the good episodes are as good as they always were. Some things do have to change as the time goes by, so yes it is bound to be a different show than it was when it started to some extent. That is not a bad thing depending on how you look at it. My own view is as the characters get older, the nature of their interactions with the world around the, how they react in situations, and how they interact with other people must also grow in maturity. The childish simplicity of some of the first season episodes like iSOH or iHC, could not be pulled off as well at this point in the show, because they are older, and silly things like in iSOH would not scare them. That is just one example. In iHC, I doubt they would have wasted time writing a board listing them and ticking them off, and naming the chicks, especially since for all intents and purposes one could not tell them apart.

Just look at life itself. 12/13 year olds = pre-teens, fun, naive and sillyness. 16 year olds, classic teen drama. That's growing up, and that is exactly what is happening here. Stories don't seem so simple and innocent, they grow in complexity. It makes sense too. If you started watching the show at the age of 12/13, and you are now 16 like the characters, you have grown with them and both your lives may have changed similarly. The nature of some things simply must change, because what you would have found funny then will not amuse you now. The disadvantage of this is it will not bring in new younger viewers if they get too ahead of themselves. So for that audience, there must still be some naive sillyness in there, and that will not appeal to you anymore like it did in the past.

This is really all I could put changes in the show down to. Like I said, judgement on quality is based on what you find appealing.

Also, I really feel the long gaps between showing new episodes has damaged the audiences interest in the show to some extent. This also contributes to the downhill feeling because "newness" does not keep coming at you, we don't even know when new episodes will air, it makes a very long build up we normally associate with brilliant things, which is simply not the case. This is no way to make a TV showin my opinion. Yes they all deserve a break but this erratic sheduling is just uncalled for, they really need to get their priorities straightened out.

pscf3

[18]Aug 26, 2010
    Agreed, I hate wating for new episodes. The next two air on September 11th and 25th.

Jakeo_89 wrote:
    While I did not enjoy some episodes of season three so much, I really can't say the show has declined.

The show is obviously changing naturally. The actors are getting older and come off differently, both in how they play their characters and their own aging shining through. Also the format has become far more familiar because the show has been going on so long.

In terms of the storylines, or comedy, that is entirely a personal view. I think the good episodes are as good as they always were. Some things do have to change as the time goes by, so yes it is bound to be a different show than it was when it started to some extent. That is not a bad thing depending on how you look at it. My own view is as the characters get older, the nature of their interactions with the world around the, how they react in situations, and how they interact with other people must also grow in maturity. The childish simplicity of some of the first season episodes like iSOH or iHC, could not be pulled off as well at this point in the show, because they are older, and silly things like in iSOH would not scare them. That is just one example. In iHC, I doubt they would have wasted time writing a board listing them and ticking them off, and naming the chicks, especially since for all intents and purposes one could not tell them apart.

Just look at life itself. 12/13 year olds = pre-teens, fun, naive and sillyness. 16 year olds, classic teen drama. That's growing up, and that is exactly what is happening here. Stories don't seem so simple and innocent, they grow in complexity. It makes sense too. If you started watching the show at the age of 12/13, and you are now 16 like the characters, you have grown with them and both your lives may have changed similarly. The nature of some things simply must change, because what you would have found funny then will not amuse you now. The disadvantage of this is it will not bring in new younger viewers if they get too ahead of themselves. So for that audience, there must still be some naive sillyness in there, and that will not appeal to you anymore like it did in the past.

This is really all I could put changes in the show down to. Like I said, judgement on quality is based on what you find appealing.

Also, I really feel the long gaps between showing new episodes has damaged the audiences interest in the show to some extent. This also contributes to the downhill feeling because "newness" does not keep coming at you, we don't even know when new episodes will air, it makes a very long build up we normally associate with brilliant things, which is simply not the case. This is no way to make a TV showin my opinion. Yes they all deserve a break but this erratic sheduling is just uncalled for, they really need to get their priorities straightened out.

marcdragicevic

[19]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 21

pscf3 wrote:

Agreed, I hate wating for new episodes. The next two air on September 11th and 25th.

Try living in other parts of the world, when Season 3 only started around February.

These episodes that have aired in America, still haven't aired in Australia yet.

"iFind Lewburt's Lost Love", "iMove Out", "iWas a Pageant Girl", "iSpace Out", "iFix A Popstar", "iBloop", "iWon't Cancel the Show", "iBelieve in Bigfoot", "iPsycho", "iBeat the Heat", "iGot A Hot Room."

Note: "iMove Out", and "iPsycho" airs this week.

Not one Victorious episode has aired either here!

So, you guys are luckily.

We're 11 episodes behind. (iCarly only)

pscf3

[20]Aug 26, 2010
    Can't you watch episodes online?

marcdragicevic wrote:

pscf3 wrote:

Try living in other parts of the world, when Season 3 only started around February.

These episodes that have aired in America, still haven't aired in Australia yet.

"iFind Lewburt's Lost Love", "iMove Out", "iWas a Pageant Girl", "iSpace Out", "iFix A Popstar", "iBloop", "iWon't Cancel the Show", "iBelieve in Bigfoot", "iPsycho", "iBeat the Heat", "iGot A Hot Room."

Note: "iMove Out", and "iPsycho" airs this week.

Not one Victorious episode has aired either here!

So, you guys are luckily.

We're 11 episodes behind. (iCarly only)