We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

I feel like this show has died...

RemDiamond

[21]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 5
    I don't think the show has declined. I actually liked season 3 better than the previous seasons. However, as with every season, there were some really great episodes and some not so great ones. I think the disappointment in the mediocre ones is magnified by the huge gap between episodes. The excitement and anticipation becomes so high that almost all of the episodes are going to fall short of expectations.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

taillow22

[22]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 11

I don't remember the last time I've watched the original airing of any episode... I think it was iSaved Your Life xD

I haven't seen like half of the episodes in season 3 or the season 4 episode. So, it is kind of dead to me, but I still go on this forum and follow news concerning it anyway xD

MusicAddictBabe

[23]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 18
    Maybe he does.

I kind of feel like it's declining a little. But it's all a matter of opinion. Some people think that iCarly Awards and iMeet Fred were cool; I for one wish the thoughts never popped into the creator's head.

But, on the other hand, they haven't had too many bad episodes. Actually, tbh, I think this season we've had some good episodes for those "imaginary questions" (you know, like on shows where after a few seasons or so you and so many other people have those questions that you ask inside your head...or to others...but you don't find out no matter how much it bugs you because you can't ask the creator because he won't let out his/her secrets? i.e. think of Ed, Edd, n Eddy and how, even though the last episode ended happily, you never do figure out what's under Edd's hat. And when that happens, you get irked.). In iGet a Hot Room, you finally find out what Carly's room looks like, whether you were wondering or not. In the to-be episode iSam's Mom, you learn what Sam's mom looks like, which I know was a big ponderer (lol don't lie to me, I've read fanfictions and you can almost tell people are desperate for what Sam's mom looks like b/c their descriptions can sometimes be a bit morbid). However, that can also be a bad thing. I mean, some of us don't wanna know because we like to be creative.

Wow, I hope that made sense. I started rambling again.

vanillacupcakes

[24]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 16

I was going to say something but then everybody else took the words right out of my mouth and worded it even better. So I'll just say that I agree. I actually think it has gotten better, ignoring the lack of episodes recently. That may have killed people's interest.

iCarly317

[25]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 13
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Maybe he does.

I kind of feel like it's declining a little. But it's all a matter of opinion. Some people think that iCarly Awards and iMeet Fred were cool; I for one wish the thoughts never popped into the creator's head.

But, on the other hand, they haven't had too many bad episodes. Actually, tbh, I think this season we've had some good episodes for those "imaginary questions" (you know, like on shows where after a few seasons or so you and so many other people have those questions that you ask inside your head...or to others...but you don't find out no matter how much it bugs you because you can't ask the creator because he won't let out his/her secrets? i.e. think of Ed, Edd, n Eddy and how, even though the last episode ended happily, you never do figure out what's under Edd's hat. And when that happens, you get irked.). In iGet a Hot Room, you finally find out what Carly's room looks like, whether you were wondering or not. In the to-be episode iSam's Mom, you learn what Sam's mom looks like, which I know was a big ponderer (lol don't lie to me, I've read fanfictions and you can almost tell people are desperate for what Sam's mom looks like b/c their descriptions can sometimes be a bit morbid). However, that can also be a bad thing. I mean, some of us don't wanna know because we like to be creative.

Wow, I hope that made sense. I started rambling again.
    It made sense to be, and I thought it was a good post actually because you said exactly what I was trying to say in the episode thread. This season is giving us some answers to some small questions that have been asked multiple times, and I'm just figuring most people would want to see iSam's Mom because it answers another one of those small questions and let's you see not only what Sam's mom looks like, but if she comes off as either nice or mean. Who knows? Maybe she'll surprise us all...

Canada_Michael

[26]Aug 27, 2010
    • level: 10

If I had to guess I would think Sam's mom is the exact oppisite of Freddie's mom.

NatalieTV100

[27]Aug 27, 2010
    • level: 10
    Canada_Michael wrote:

If I had to guess I would think Sam's mom is the exact oppisite of Freddie's mom.

I agree.

marcdragicevic

[28]Aug 27, 2010
    • level: 21
    pscf3 wrote:
    Can't you watch episodes online?

marcdragicevic wrote:

pscf3 wrote:

Agreed, I hate wating for new episodes. The next two air on September 11th and 25th.

Try living in other parts of the world, when Season 3 only started around February.

These episodes that have aired in America, still haven't aired in Australia yet.

"iFind Lewburt's Lost Love", "iMove Out", "iWas a Pageant Girl", "iSpace Out", "iFix A Popstar", "iBloop", "iWon't Cancel the Show", "iBelieve in Bigfoot", "iPsycho", "iBeat the Heat", "iGot A Hot Room."

Note: "iMove Out", and "iPsycho" airs this week.

Not one Victorious episode has aired either here!

So, you guys are luckily.

We're 11 episodes behind. (iCarly only)

1: There in horrible quality.
    2: It doesn't fit the computer screen.
    3: It doesn't feel the same.

vanillacupcakes

[29]Aug 27, 2010

I sort of liked the idea of things being a mystery and all of theseunanswered questions. Sam's mom was sort of open to interpretation based on Sam's comments. I liked how we never actually saw her in person and how Sam's life at home was secretive and mysterious. Since it's Jane Lynch, I'm super happy for the episode anyways. It's nice for all thelittle pieces to tie togetherandto learn some things we have always wondered too, especially if this season will be the last. I guess now that Carly's room is revealed, there can be more opportunities and scenes that take place there. I think with Jack Black coming too, that this season will get better. We never really know because only one episode came out. I did like season 2 the best...I think, but season 3has had some incredible episodes too.I liked iSD, iTTK, iSYL, iSO, iBIB, iWAPG,and iFAP. For me it was a good season.

katywishing100

[30]Aug 27, 2010
    • level: 15

I haven't seen a new episode in forever, I'm probably like 5-6 eps behind. I used to really like this show, and watch it everytime it was on, but now I could care less. Maybe it's cause I'm older and kid shows don't appeal to me anymore. I think the show has declined but alot of shows start to do bad the more seasons it has. Carly/Sam/Freddie aren't what they used to be (IMO) Plus I'm just so sick of the Seddie/Creddie crap, although I still hope Carly and Freddie end up together.

iCarly317

[31]Aug 27, 2010
    • level: 13
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

I sort of liked the idea of things being a mystery and all of theseunanswered questions. Sam's mom was sort of open to interpretation based on Sam's comments. I liked how we never actually saw her in person and how Sam's life at home was secretive and mysterious. Since it's Jane Lynch, I'm super happy for the episode anyways. It's nice for all thelittle pieces to tie togetherandto learn some things we have always wondered too, especially if this season will be the last. I guess now that Carly's room is revealed, there can be more opportunities and scenes that take place there. I think with Jack Black coming too, that this season will get better. We never really know because only one episode came out. I did like season 2 the best...I think, but season 3has had some incredible episodes too.I liked iSD, iTTK, iSYL, iSO, iBIB, iWAPG,and iFAP. For me it was a good season.

Since we are in season 4, and we're not exactly sure how much more of the show we will get, I think its time for at least some of the unanswered questions to get answered. Its been 4 seasons and 3 years since the show started out, and the mystery has to come to an end at some point. Might as well be now I guess.

MusicAddictBabe

[32]Aug 27, 2010
    iCarly317 - Thanks, I'm glad it made sense . That's exactly what I mean. Yeah, because right now most people get the feeling that she's too lenient and "more like a roommate than a mother" (that's what we said about one of my old friends because her mom was crude but not abusive and she just gave that vibe).

Katywishing - I'm like that, but I think it's because it's on so much now. And I agree with that. IMO, the more seasons a show has, the more boring it gets, in some shows, they tend to stray from ALL the main characters and only focus on either just the main character or other characters who become the main characters, and in "heroic" cartoons, it becomes "darker" and more serious and to me that's boring when you're so used to their old jokes? I mean, who wants to watch a show anymore when it used to be comical but got more into a "deep story" or something? Yeah, and the wars about it need to stop too. It's always Seddie this or Creddie that and, though it's not as bad as it used to be, I just wish people would quick yappin' on about how horrible the such-and-such shippers are. I mean, really? You're gonna hate a group of people just because they like a different pairing in a show? Come on, man. lol Sometimes it is fun to watch, though. Sorry for the rant .

Please, just hear me out. I'm not trying to start an argument.

pscf3

[33]Aug 28, 2010
    Agreed.

MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    iCarly317 - Thanks, I'm glad it made sense . That's exactly what I mean. Yeah, because right now most people get the feeling that she's too lenient and "more like a roommate than a mother" (that's what we said about one of my old friends because her mom was crude but not abusive and she just gave that vibe).

Katywishing - I'm like that, but I think it's because it's on so much now. And I agree with that. IMO, the more seasons a show has, the more boring it gets, in some shows, they tend to stray from ALL the main characters and only focus on either just the main character or other characters who become the main characters, and in "heroic" cartoons, it becomes "darker" and more serious and to me that's boring when you're so used to their old jokes? I mean, who wants to watch a show anymore when it used to be comical but got more into a "deep story" or something? Yeah, and the wars about it need to stop too. It's always Seddie this or Creddie that and, though it's not as bad as it used to be, I just wish people would quick yappin' on about how horrible the such-and-such shippers are. I mean, really? You're gonna hate a group of people just because they like a different pairing in a show? Come on, man. lol Sometimes it is fun to watch, though. Sorry for the rant .

Please, just hear me out. I'm not trying to start an argument.

MusicAddictBabe

[34]Aug 28, 2010
    Thank you.