We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

First Lady

jegolas1973

[1]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 22

I hear First Lady Michelle Obama may appear on iCarly sometime during the fifth season.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marcdragicevic

[2]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 21
    Yes she will.

http://www.nctimes.com/entertainment/other/article_f7a1e4ef-5c3b-5679-8680-8730fbb0e2c4.html

"Michelle Obama is going to be on one of Nickelodeon's most popular shows.
    The first lady is set to appear on an upcoming episode of the comedy "iCarly" to promote Joining Forces, an initiative aimed at increasing awareness and support for military families, network president Cyma Zarghami said Wednesday.
    The show's main character, Carly Shay (Miranda Cosgrove), is the daughter of a colonel serving overseas in the military. When Carly's two best friends break some rules to set up a web chat so Carly can speak to her dad on his birthday, "the first lady discovers it and comes to have a chat with them in the most positive way possible," Zarghami said.
    Show creator and executive producer Dan Schneider wrote the episode just for Obama and her Joining Forces initiative.
    "When she approached us, after he was done jumping for joy, Dan sat down and came up with a very, very clever idea," Zarghami said.
    The network president said she wasn't concerned that featuring the first lady and promoting the Joining Forces program would make a political statement for the show or Nickelodeon.
    "It's a feel-good initiative," she said, "and regardless of your political affinity, everybody cares about these families, so it just feels right."
    Zarghami says Obama's daughters are fans of the show. The Obama "iCarly" episode is likely to air in January."

marcdragicevic

[3]Jun 8, 2011
    Dan also wrote the whole episode just for her. (Didn' realise this was Obama's wife / president's wife)

jegolas1973

[4]Jun 8, 2011

I can't wait for Michelle Obama's appearance.

Edited on 06/08/2011 9:33am

marcdragicevic

[5]Jun 8, 2011
    She should be really good, can't wait either.

pscf3

[6]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 16
    Sounds like we finally get to meet Carly's!

Other than that, Obama iCarly episode..... Meh....

jegolas1973

[7]Jun 8, 2011

I don't know what the episode will be titled, but I think it should be titled iMeet the First Lady. That would be a most appropriate title given the appearance of First Lady Michelle Obama.

Fireofnature

[8]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 13
    Ugh. Don't get me wrong but I firmly believe Politics and TV should be separate. I'm so damn burned out by all of her random appearances in commercials on Disney and actors looking and acting all stupid as crap. I'm sick of it, and now they get her appearing on iCarly? Obsessed much?

frontman19

[9]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 14

I don't think this episode should be called iMeet the First lady. The whole reason she is on the show is to promote care for military families. What she is going to do is help out Sam and Freddie after they bend some rules to allow Carly to have a videochat with her Dad while he's on a submarine. While I don't really like that Nickelodeon is using shows to promote a personal political agenda, I personally think that support for military families is a great cause to advertise.

hurr05

[10]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 10

awww this is gonna be so cool! i LOVE the Obamas.

pscf3

[11]Jun 8, 2011
    I hope it's just michell that appears. If Barrack comes on trying to get votes for '12 I'll be mad.

Fireofnature

[12]Jun 8, 2011
    pscf3 wrote:
    I hope it's just michell that appears. If Barrack comes on trying to get votes for '12 I'll be mad.

Yeah, and I'm not even trying to make a political statement saying that. You're probably not too XD. I just think it's stupid when politics meet and then actors act all stupid and freakish like they just lost all intelligent thought. Come on, if I met the president I wouldn't be like "*gasp* OOHH AAAH OOOO AAAAH DROOOL DROOL" No I'd probably be normal. I can just see this episode of iCarly sucking horribly due to that "I'm not worthy" complex that actors feel the need to express that turns them into nothing.

hurr05

[13]Jun 8, 2011

pscf3 wrote:
    uh...you should check yourself on that one. does anyone who votes watch nickelodeon? name one.

anyway, i LOVE our president, and the First Lady, as well as the girls

pscf3

[14]Jun 8, 2011
    My dad, my mom, and I could go on and on. Anyway, Fire of Nature understands.

hurr05 wrote:

pscf3 wrote:
    uh...you should check yourself on that one. does anyone who votes watch nickelodeon? name one.

KJLwriter

[15]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 8
    I was a little shocked when I heard about this, but I'm excited for the episode. I think she will do a fine job on it.

teenj12

[16]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 26
    Sounds cool .

hurr05

[17]Jun 8, 2011

pscf3 wrote:
    hurr05 wrote:

pscf3 wrote:

Wait...so all the adults in your family sit around watching Nickelodeon???? Well I doubt he's going to go on there looking for votes. this isn't even ABOUT votes, jeez. It's about Michelle raising awareness for families who have a family member in the army, or who participates in the military. Good gosh. People hear OBAMA and automatically think votes. We already know he's going to win the 2012 election! There's no one for him to compete against, really.

pscf3

[18]Jun 8, 2011
    Doubt it.

hurr05 wrote:

pscf3 wrote:
    hurr05 wrote:

pscf3 wrote:

Wait...so all the adults in your family sit around watching Nickelodeon???? Well I doubt he's going to go on there looking for votes. this isn't even ABOUT votes, jeez. It's about Michelle raising awareness for families who have a family member in the army, or who participates in the military. Good gosh. People hear OBAMA and automatically think votes. We already know he's going to win the 2012 election! There's no one for him to compete against, really.

Fireofnature

[19]Jun 8, 2011
    hurr05 wrote:

pscf3 wrote:
    hurr05 wrote:

pscf3 wrote:

Hurr. You have to be 18 years old to vote. I'm 22 years old, tomorrow. I vote. I watch nickelodeon, well just iCarly and Victorious. I also watch crime dramas, action movies, thrillers, etc etc, but I watch iCarly and Victorious. I vote. And yes I understand where pscf is coming from. I can also guarantee a lot of adults watch iCarly. For instance, my best friend Khrystyne doesn't like the show but has nieces who watch it, so she has watched a couple episodes. Another thing, if the president or whatever showed up in an episode, adults would probably look because it would either A) be on the news or B) The kids would go "Mom, Dad, the presidents on tv!"

Point blank.

hurr05

[20]Jun 8, 2011

@pscf oh really? Well name one person who you think can beat Obama. Name one. Palin? Uh...I don't think so. @fireofnature well you're 22 years old, and you watch those shows? Well, okay, I love iCarly fans! But I think you're not seeing the point of why she's on the show in the first place.