We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

First Lady

RiciSmokes2

[21]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 7
    I'm 20. I watch iCarly. I vote. Anyone who knows anything about 2012 politics knows 2 things Mrs. Obama will only seriously campaign (by seriously campaign I mean resorting to going on a kids show to trump up votes.) as a last resort. Plus Ms. Obama is a very adamant about her causes (mainly military families and childhood obesity) she doesn't bring any politics in it. Mainly bc so many nut tards would be claiming BIG GOVT is infringing upon their constitutional right to raise buckets of lard... I mean kids. Palin is just the mainstream media's easy target. Republicans are gonna use her to get fringe conservative votes, and drop all over her after that. Like McCain did in 08. At least she made a lot off money off of it. Haven't seen anyone make so much money off of doin nothin since Paris Hilton, smarter than they give her credit for.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pscf3

[22]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 16
    Ok, I read up and Michelle seems very nice.

@ hurr, I can't name anyone who can beat him, but I do think that less people will vote for him, considering the best thing he's done is killing Osama.

Otherwise, I hope this episode isn't a big educational statement. I doubt it will be, and if it isn't, this episode shouldn't be half-bad.

hurr05

[23]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 10

Of course she's nice. She's always been nice.

Just so everyone knows, I'm way younger than you guys. I'm only 14.

vanillacupcakes

[24]Jun 8, 2011
    @pscf3: I actually liked the health care plan that was passed...but everything he tries to start doesn't go through by the Republicans. I find Osama being killed a HUGE thing, but I don't think Obama should get all the credit for that.

I'm with you at hoping it isn't too "preachy". I was babysitting my cousins and they had a military episode of HM. It was really sweet, but the end seemed like a huge educational statement. Dan found a way to do the "Earth day" episode Nickelodeon wanted him to make without making it too preachy about the environment(iGo Nuclear), so I do have trust in him he will find a way to put comedy in it and not make it so...obvious what the message is.

@hurr: You're not the youngest on here so don't worry. Also I'm not THAT old, I'm 17 and turn 18 in a few months. Just mentioning it as a side note.

pscf3

[25]Jun 8, 2011
    Yeah hurr, I turn 13 next month, so your deffiently not the youngest.

xiaxia123

[26]Jun 9, 2011
    • level: 4

People may not have to agree with Obama, but that doesn't mean we should throw trash on EVERYTHING he or his wife does. I can't tell you how much kids at my school complained when he gave his back to school speech back in September 2010. It was a great speech emphasizing the importance of education and obviously not political in the least sense, but just because it was given by Obama, many people hated it. Same thing for supporting our soldiers and their families. It is not political at all, but unfortunately, people are still going to complain her guest appearance has something to do with supporting Obama's "agenda" or trying to win votes for 2012.

hurr05

[27]Jun 9, 2011

@ pscf ohh so your 12? hm. interesting.

and yeah, leave the president's wife alone. just because some of you may not like obama, doesn't mean you have to dislike his wife too. i mean, think about his kids.

Fireofnature

[28]Jun 9, 2011
    • level: 13
    For me it has nothing to do with liking or not liking Obama, it just has to do with stupid stuff like a highly political figure appearing on a show to pass some message across or whatever and actors acting like a bunch of pathetic idiots because of it.

I can't tell you, and I'm sorry to say it like this, but the guy that plays uh...what's his name, the tall kid always around Grady, Nick? Whatever, in every commercial Michelle appears in if he's in he looks so freaking retarded and acts like his IQ just fell to 0. Most of the actors seem to do that, the overact.

I just think the episode's going to be boring as hell and the iCarly actors are just going to act all stupified and whatnot, that's all.

vanillacupcakes

[29]Jun 9, 2011
    ^IA, that was what I saw with the HM episode. All of a sudden they were like "Oh, I didn't realize what an issue this is. Let's try to spread awareness by providing a concert for all the military families". It's like they tried too hard. I don't know who Grady would be though..?

Anyways, I have faith in Dan to keep the humor and not make them look like idiots trying to learn something from Michelle Obama. The part where Sam and Freddie breaking all the rules to get the chat set up has the potential to be funny. The only ones where it seemed people were being "stupid" but then learned a lesson was iBTH and iSAFW. If this was a Disney show, I would expect something like this to happen, but I feel Dan's shows are still about the entertainment and not about the "educational value" perse, whether Michelle Obama is in it or not. I don't think the "lesson" will be so explicit.

Fireofnature

[30]Jun 9, 2011
    Yeah possibly, let's hope that's the case, hopefully Dan will at least make them look intelligent. And Nico/Grady from Sonny with a Chance. That's on Disney.

RiciSmokes2

[31]Jun 9, 2011
    • level: 7
    Well it seems like she's goin to be coming in at the end of the episode, so if it does get preachy at least it won't be the whole episode (I don't think). I think it would be totally OOC for an epi of oCarly to be too lucid/serious, whereas from the times I was forced to watch HM it wasn't uncommon for her to have serious moments, bc part of the show was to show her struggle with keeping up a double life. If u go into the epi lookin for preachy you probably more likely to find it, so I'm just gonna watch and enjoy. If it does get preachy, at least it's for a good cause.

pscf3

[32]Jun 10, 2011
    For 2 more weeks.

hurr05 wrote:

and yeah, leave the president's wife alone. just because some of you may not like obama, doesn't mean you have to dislike his wife too. i mean, think about his kids.

teenj12

[33]Jun 10, 2011
    • level: 26
    I thought you were already 13 .
    pscf3 wrote:
    For 2 more weeks.

hurr05 wrote:

jegolas1973

[34]Jun 10, 2011
    • level: 22

Since Michelle Obama is promoting her cause, I think another appropriate episode title would be iJoin Forces.

pscf3

[35]Jun 10, 2011
    How about:

" iWanna be President for another 4 years so vote for me you stupid kids." xD.

jegolas1973

[36]Jun 10, 2011
    • level: 22

LOL

That's a good one.

vanillacupcakes

[37]Jun 14, 2011

@FON: Was it a commercial where Michelle Obama randomly walks into their kitchen and tells them to eat healthy?? Then they're like "Whoaaa...it's the first lady!". If it is I saw that one like 3 days ago and it seemed kind of fake.

I guess they just finished filming it yesterday. Photo timeeee!!

http://www.daylife.com/photo/0cT3cfkc2H12F?q=Hollywood

Jennette is wearing those platform shoes again. Sorry, I mentioned it once already. I'll shut up. IDK why it amuses me.

Edited on 06/14/2011 3:11pm

hurr05

[38]Jun 14, 2011

LOL WTF?? EAT YOUR VEGETABLES!!!....OMG HI MRS. OBAMA!!

Fireofnature

[39]Jun 14, 2011
    Yeah that's the commercial, and yeah it seems faker than processed cheese and soy milk

Fireofnature

[40]Jun 14, 2011
    Yeah that's the commercial, and yeah it seems faker than processed cheese and soy milk