We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

episode discussion: iOpen a Restaurant

83optics

[1]Apr 21, 2012
    • level: 6

learned:

* cheese > peace

* think Sam likes double-thick bacon?

* make that a hard lemonade...

* whoa, look at this guy over here, better show some respect soon or you'll get butter-socked and dumped in the river.

* no one, and i mean NO one, can resist hot meat.

Edited on 04/21/2012 7:08pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

UnovaChampion

[2]Apr 21, 2012
    • level: 19
    Nice episode, felt like classic iCarly. I wonder if "Gibby's" will show up in a later episode as a hangout.

Other good things:

Dawwww Freddie has another Carly crush.

Sam sticking up for old Gib, and butter socking the crap out of that punk.

Mrs. Benson getting pelted with Spencer's security device.

But Gibby....Y U NO LIEK TAKING YOUR SHIRT OFF ANYMOREZ?

KJLwriter

[3]Apr 22, 2012
    • level: 8
    I really liked this episode. It was funny! I really liked everything about it. Spencer's security system was the best thing in the episode. It was just...so funny! Also, Carly's reaction to the hot peppers was hilarious! I loved it!

tigerdude22

[4]Apr 22, 2012
    • level: 43
    Best iCarly episode in 2 Years.

That's right, for the first time in 2 years.. there was an iCarly episode that actually made me laugh almost all the way through and wasn't boring at all. This episode should've been in Season 4 instead of that bad episode "iSell Penny Tees".

FINALLY!!! iCarly gets a PERFECT episode since the last Perfect Episode (in my opinion) was "iOMG" and that was 2 years ago so yeah

Very funny episode and that's all I'm gonna say and I also enjoyed the return of Principal Franklin since it's been a long time since we've seen him. He was only in the last 1 1/2 minutes of the episode but it was still great seeing him return

OVERALL: 10 out of 10 (I wouldn't be surprised if this was the show's last PERFECT episode before it ends but hopefully there will be at least one MORE Perfect Episode left as it gets close to the show ending or the rest of the season being fantastic now but I doubt it... for now, I'm just grateful I saw a PERFECT episode in 2 Years)

KJLwriter

[5]Apr 23, 2012
    • level: 8
    tigerdude22 wrote:

That's right, for the first time in 2 years.. there was an iCarly episode that actually made me laugh almost all the way through and wasn't boring at all. This episode should've been in Season 4 instead of that bad episode "iSell Penny Tees".

FINALLY!!! iCarly gets a PERFECT episode since the last Perfect Episode (in my opinion) was "iOMG" and that was 2 years ago so yeah

Very funny episode and that's all I'm gonna say and I also enjoyed the return of Principal Franklin since it's been a long time since we've seen him. He was only in the last 1 1/2 minutes of the episode but it was still great seeing him return

OVERALL: 10 out of 10 (I wouldn't be surprised if this was the show's last PERFECT episode before it ends but hopefully there will be at least one MORE Perfect Episode left as it gets close to the show ending or the rest of the season being fantastic now but I doubt it... for now, I'm just grateful I saw a PERFECT episode in 2 Years)

I agree with you 100%. It was perfect. It did make me laugh the entire time. I also thought the acting was just really good in it. Miranda was perfect. Spencer was...crazy, and it made me laugh because in the past couple episodes, or even a lot, he didn't do as much crazy stuff. This was great! Also, Sam fought. It's been a long time since we've seen Sam beat someone up...especially with the butter sock. I loved it!

tigerdude22

[6]Apr 23, 2012
    KJLwriter wrote:
    tigerdude22 wrote:

I agree with you 100%. It was perfect. It did make me laugh the entire time. I also thought the acting was just really good in it. Miranda was perfect. Spencer was...crazy, and it made me laugh because in the past couple episodes, or even a lot, he didn't do as much crazy stuff. This was great! Also, Sam fought. It's been a long time since we've seen Sam beat someone up...especially with the butter sock. I loved it!
    Yeah I agree I'm starting to like Sam more since she doesn't abuse Freddie anymore

loey12886

[7]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 10
    tigerdude22 wrote:
    KJLwriter wrote:
    tigerdude22 wrote:

Yeah I agree I'm starting to like Sam more since she doesn't abuse Freddie anymore

No but she does make fun of him from time to time. Not like she use to though. Sam wouldn't be Sam if she didn't have that "insult and abasement towards people" on the side

tigerdude22

[8]Apr 24, 2012
    loey12886 wrote:
    tigerdude22 wrote:
    KJLwriter wrote:
    tigerdude22 wrote:

No but she does make fun of him from time to time. Not like she use to though. Sam wouldn't be Sam if she didn't have that "insult and abasement towards people" on the side
    From time to time, she does insult him but it doesn't really bug me as long as she doesn't constantly do it then I'm okay with it

pokemonmonmon

[9]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 5

even though this was a bit like an old episode im kinda getting tired of gibby. i liked him when he was the recurring weirdo character who occassionally took off his shirt. now we see him all the time and hes all around less likable. meh oh well

AngelTails2

[10]Apr 26, 2012
    • level: 12
    I do like how this was like the old iCarly. Even Freddie's crush on Carly is back. Momma didn't like that.

Fireofnature

[11]May 2, 2012
    • level: 13

Honestly, I liked the innocence of Freddie's apparent crush on Carly, it seems better and NOT STALKER-ISH, so it's more appropriate, but.....the one thing I didn't like is, and I know I've said it before elsewhere, it makes Freddie look like a swapping asshole that's playing both the girls. He dates Carly, dates Sam, crushing on Carly......the mental effect that could potentially have on the girls, and even their friendship, assuming. I mean I've had friends complain about guys like that, those are the type of guys that I would personally punch out and beat down!

Edited on 05/02/2012 3:07pm

vanillacupcakes

[12]May 12, 2012
    • level: 16

Random stuff:

1. I thought Sam defending Gibby against that guy was really sweet.

2. I love Carly freakouts, so she made me laugh a lot in this episode.

3. I'm tired of Gibby plots so I didn't really like the main plot.

4. I'm looking forward to future episodes in this restaurant, if they will have any, it seems like a cool hangout spot.

5. Principal Franklin, why are you ignoring school rules and hanging out with teenage girls?? Super suspicious of you right now. Tsktsk

Edited on 05/15/2012 10:23pm

nicknameless101

[13]May 13, 2012
    • level: 25

This was a cool episode. The security systems were ridiculous, but also hilarious! I was afraid Sam was becoming passive, but I'm glad she beat up that Billy Boots. Carly seemed like a total wuss, though. A restaurant in the basement of a school is a great idea, especially since cafeteria food isn't exactly quality food! Plus, hot pepper isn't really something to scream and runlike a wild animal for.

marcdragicevic

[14]May 15, 2012
    • level: 21
    Nice episode, never thought Gibby could actually run a restaurant.

teenj12

[15]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 26
    Finally caught this episode. I don't know why most shippers hated this episode. It honestly goes to show how Shipping ruins a show. Not only was their LITTLE interaction between Sam and Freddie, but everyone was making it seem like it was all this drama. That tidbit between Sam and Freddie about him crushing on Carly was so innocent and short. How shippers could come to such extremes about what it meant is kinda crazy! This is why I suggest watching the show with shipping glasses off and enjoy these precious final episodes for what they are, because these ARE the final episodes as sad as it is to say it. On to the review of the episode:

I loved the popcorn attack! It was hilarious how Carly, Spencer, and Freddie jumped over the table and I even saw Carly knock over the cup of juice . I felt terrible for Ms. Benson xD . hat Billy Boots kid os a real jerk! I thought Mr. Howard's mean days were over . Guess not . Lol at Sam beating up Billy, and with the classic Buttersock . I must say, that was a really impressive duck on Gibby's part when Billy swung at him . I was ROTFL when they showed that Principle Franklin was eating at the Resturant and when Mr. Howard left, he told Sam and Gibby to continue it .

A small Shippy Sidenote: The Carly-Freddie study convo in the apartment hallway was adorable ^^ .

marcdragicevic

[16]Jun 27, 2012
    6 in the once paragraph, haha.

Why the shippers over analyse every little detail...

teenj12

[17]Jun 29, 2012
    • level: 26

marcdragicevic wrote:
    6 's in the once paragraph, haha. Why the shippers over analyse every little detail...

Lmao, shuddup .

And agreed.

marcdragicevic

[18]Jul 1, 2012
    In the Victorious episode 'the Blonde Squad', the last scene of the episode could have started a war. Robbie was thinking of kissing Cat, when Cat blurted out something random. Hook, Line and Sinker from Dan.

vanillacupcakes

[19]Jul 2, 2012
    • level: 16

^Haha, Ariana tweeted they get back together in a future episode. Yeah, Dan IS a troll....but in the longrun he'll get the couple back together again. He always has those "twists and turns" where there are either fake-outs, a breakup, and/or teasing and nothing happens. The really emotional invested fans sob or write angry rants. They're convinced their couple might not get back together. Dan LOVES that reaction. But every time, he gets them back together, and the fans absolutely adore him again. Even though idgaf about Freddie, I'm prettyyyy sure(it might not happen, and yeah...I'll laugh if no ship happens) he'll end up with Carly or Sam.

@teenj: I understand, but to me it seemed completely random and not really that funny. You would never guess he would ever like Carly again(or maybe that was just me...my point is he wasn't very vocal about it). It's the only reason I think it is significant and could show up in a future episode, because small stuff by Dan can sometimes get mentioned again. It's not really comparable to iSpeed Date like people are mentioning, but I think they could discuss his "crush" again. But I do agree, it's only a super small part of the episode, and people focus on it so much, they forget about good moments from the rest of the episode. It's like how in iOMG, people were so spazzed out about the last scene, sometimes people forget how funny that episode was. Sure, it was spazz worthy, but other moments in the episode gets overlooked! Same with iSYL....did they REALIZE how freaking epic Sam and Spencer's paintball war is?

marcdragicevic

[20]Jul 2, 2012
    I'm wanting Cat and Robbie to get together as soon as possible. They would make a really good couple.