We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Anyone else think Sam is a closet Lesbian?

Do you think sam is a lesbian?

C4DM4R

[21]Dec 14, 2009
    • level: 2

innuendo, LOL! i find it kinda weird, but it means she dosent really care what people think of her, unless she really wants them to, like with pete. there are kind sof hints, but they may just be dan messing with us.

i forget the episdoe, but carly bites her finger, and sam asks why she dosent bite the other one.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

schillingklaus

[22]Dec 15, 2009
    • level: 12

iHatch Chicks

Carly bit Sam's finger because Sam wanted to fry the chicks after the project.

This underlines that Sam is a sadomasochist, exactly like Freddie, whence Seddie is vastly superior to Creddie or Cam.

KonrBirz

[23]Dec 15, 2009
    • level: 3

I definitely think so. At least bi. But we are forgetting, she's a character, not a real girl. So she is whatever Dan makes her out to be, so here's my theory:

Dan, in his consistent attempts to entertain both young and older audiences with a few adult jokes and themes, probably does set Sam up as a lesbian/bi. He will make a few "barely-there" references to it every now and then, but of course will never say it outright. He will just keep putting in inuendoes and tiny things that hint at it, leaving it almost entirely up to the viewer's imagination.

By the way, here's another thing I thought of a while back, in reference to this. In iDate a Bad Boy, when Sam is having nightmares about a monster stealing her soup, here's the meaning of the dreams:

If you pay attention, she only has the dream right after or shortly after Carly goes off with Griffin (twice).

The monster = Griffin (representing any and all boys; it has nothing to do with him personally)

Her soup = Carly (something she wants, being taken by the monster.)

Makes sense, right?

HaydenAvery

[24]Dec 15, 2009
    • level: 21
    no. that makes no sense at all. sam just lkes soup....

KonrBirz

[25]Dec 15, 2009

HaydenAvery wrote:
    Please explain how it doesn't makes sense: Which part of it defies logic? How does it employ false facts? etc.

I submit that it does make sense, because Sam always likes soup, but she only had these dreams during this episode, and only when Griffin was around. Plus, when Spencer put the dream into reality, she had no problem fighting the monster for her soup. So she wouldn't have problems with keeping her soup if it was actually soup. It could be that she doesn't know how to go about keeping Carly from Griffin, however.

Edited on 12/15/2009 3:36pm

tweenboy

[26]Dec 15, 2009
    • level: 9
    KonrBirz wrote:

HaydenAvery wrote:
    Please explain how it doesn't makes sense: Which part of it defies logic? How does it employ false facts? etc.

I submit that it does make sense, because Sam always likes soup, but she only had these dreams during this episode, and only when Griffin was around. Plus, when Spencer put the dream into reality, she had no problem fighting the monster for her soup. So she wouldn't have problems with keeping her soup if it was actually soup. It could be that she doesn't know how to go about keeping Carly from Griffin, however.

Your being kind of disllusional and gross.Dude this is a Kids show...

Blizzard715

[27]Dec 15, 2009
    • level: 4
    This is a kids/teens show for crying out loud. Dan does put in quite a few more adult things in the show, but I doubt he would make Sam a lesbian, that'd be kind of stupid. Sam is a tomboy, just like I am. There's also nothing wrong with a girl telling another girl she's cute, that's completely normal.
    KonrBirz wrote:

HaydenAvery wrote:

We all now Sam likes food, really likes food. Her dreaming of a monster eating her soup isn't really that unusual, she probably has food dreams all the time.

Also, Sam said she always has that dream, not just while Griffin and Carly were dating. Dan usually isn't the type of person to put something in that secretively means something else. He most likely put it in for comedy and he likes weird things going on in iCarly. He also did it to fill in the plot. Dan puts in a lot of weird things, do you think they are symbolic?

tweenboy

[28]Dec 15, 2009
    Blizzard715 wrote:
    This is a kids/teens show for crying out loud. Dan does put in quite a few more adult things in the show, but I doubt he would make Sam a lesbian, that'd be kind of stupid. Sam is a tomboy, just like I am. There's also nothing wrong with a girl telling another girl she's cute, that's completely normal.
    KonrBirz wrote:

HaydenAvery wrote:

We all now Sam likes food, really likes food. Her dreaming of a monster eating her soup isn't really that unusual, she probably has food dreams all the time. Dan puts in a lot of weird things, do you think they are symbolic?

Ofcourse not.Like i said...this is a kid`s show.

katywishing100

[29]Dec 15, 2009
    • level: 15
    Obviously not in this show would she ever be a lesbian, but I could see on a more serious teen show, her character would probably be one.

KonrBirz

[30]Dec 15, 2009
    katywishing100 wrote:
    Obviously not in this show would she ever be a lesbian, but I could see on a more serious teen show, her character would probably be one.

That's a real shame. This show is played on TeenNick, and most teenagers are okay to expose homosexuality (in a very mild form, of course) to. He could knock up the rating a notch or two and do it, but I'm sure he wouldn't .

KonrBirz

[31]Dec 15, 2009
    Blizzard715 wrote:
    KonrBirz wrote:

HaydenAvery wrote:

We all now Sam likes food, really likes food. Her dreaming of a monster eating her soup isn't really that unusual, she probably has food dreams all the time. Also, Sam said she always has that dream, not just while Griffin and Carly were dating. Dan usually isn't the type of person to put something in that secretively means something else. He most likely put it in for comedy and he likes weird things going on in iCarly. He also did it to fill in the plot. Dan puts in a lot of weird things, do you think they are symbolic?

Lol, go to the Seddie forum and read, then go to the Creddie forum and read... then come back here and tell me I'm the only one who looks for symbolic meaning for possible relationships. Pretty much every interaction between Freddie and Sam is seen as Seddie, even them just sitting close together. I'm just doing the same for my ship, Cam.

Edited on 12/15/2009 8:15pm

tweenboy

[32]Dec 16, 2009
    KonrBirz wrote:
    Blizzard715 wrote:
    KonrBirz wrote:

HaydenAvery wrote:

We all now Sam likes food, really likes food. Her dreaming of a monster eating her soup isn't really that unusual, she probably has food dreams all the time. Also, Sam said she always has that dream, not just while Griffin and Carly were dating. Dan usually isn't the type of person to put something in that secretively means something else. He most likely put it in for comedy and he likes weird things going on in iCarly. He also did it to fill in the plot. Dan puts in a lot of weird things, do you think they are symbolic?

Lol, go to the Seddie forum and read, then go to the Creddie forum and read... then come back here and tell me I'm the only one who looks for symbolic meaning for possible relationships. Pretty much every interaction between Freddie and Sam is seen as Seddie, even them just sitting close together. I'm just doing the same for my ship, Cam.

ISaw Cam FIRST!Back Off sparky.

Freddimamay

[33]Dec 16, 2009

I don't. I relate to Sam on sooooooooooooo many levels when I relive my high school years. Thats part of the reason I respect her so much.I was made fun of that I might be'gay' behind my back because I could beat a boy in a fight. But I'm married with 2 kids and have always been attracted to men

Because of her family situation she was forced to grow up too fast and know how to take care of herself. She's a strong personality, but it's a stretch to say that makes her gay It's kind of like saying "women aren't strong unless they have a man behind them or they consider themselves one (ie, being attracted to women)" I have more variations but I wont write a novel, lol.

Edited on 12/16/2009 9:10pm
    Edited 3 total times.

tweenboy

[34]Dec 17, 2009
    Freddimamay wrote:

I don't. I relate to Sam on sooooooooooooo many levels when I relive my high school years. Thats part of the reason I respect her so much.I was made fun of that I might be'gay' behind my back because I could beat a boy in a fight. But I'm married with 2 kids and have always been attracted to men

Because of her family situation she was forced to grow up too fast and know how to take care of herself. She's a strong personality, but it's a stretch to say that makes her gay It's kind of like saying "women aren't strong unless they have a man behind them or they consider themselves one (ie, being attracted to women)" I have more variations but I wont write a novel, lol.

I know a girl who admitted she thinks Men are stronger than woman.

I risk the wrath of feminists to write this, but I"M A GIRL and MEN are STRONGER than women. FACT.

Jane could become an archer or a scout. HOW could be a knight when I doubt a girl could stand up in a SOLID IRON suit of armor, never mind ride on a horse in one for DAYS, like knight did.

I know, I know, it's just a cartoon. But I don't like having my intellience insulted.

Edited on 10/28/2006 5:54pm
    Edited 3 total times.

I risk the wrath of feminists to write this, but I"M A GIRL and MEN are STRONGER than women. FACT.

Jane could become an archer or a scout. HOW could be a knight when I doubt a girl could stand up in a SOLID IRON suit of armor, never mind ride on a horse in one for DAYS, like knight did.

I know, I know, it's just a cartoon. But I don't like having my intellience insulted.

(select an action below) ______________ Report Abuse To Moderator Quick ReplyQuick QuoteReplyQuote

Edited on 12/17/2009 1:06pm

Freddimamay

[35]Dec 17, 2009
    Yeah, I know that's generally true, what I meant was, that it seems silly to assume just because Sam is strong that means she's a lesbian, lol. She's just a tough cookie

The_Silverfoxx

[36]Dec 23, 2009
    • level: 10

I Know the difference between a tomboy and a lesbian, everyone. a lot of people on tvtropes seem to agree on my opinion

tvtroper wrote:
    Ambiguously Lesbian: Yes, she drools over guys, but none of them last more than one episode or are even ever mentioned again, not even the one she made a big deal over in "i Make Sam Girlier", which itself was a huge lampshading of her Butch Lesbian behavior patterns, which however are still on display in most episodes, just not so obviously. And then of course there the whole Les Yay thing with Carly. source

tweenboy

[37]Dec 24, 2009
    The_Silverfoxx wrote:

I Know the difference between a tomboy and a lesbian, everyone. a lot of people on tvtropes seem to agree on my opinion

tvtroper wrote:
    Ambiguously Lesbian: Yes, she drools over guys, but none of them last more than one episode or are even ever mentioned again, not even the one she made a big deal over in "i Make Sam Girlier", which itself was a huge lampshading of her Butch Lesbian behavior patterns, which however are still on display in most episodes, just not so obviously. And then of course there the whole Les Yay thing with Carly. source

My god,Listen to me.....This is a kids show.Sam would never be a lesbian in this show.Just becuase sam dooesnt drool over guys much,doesnt mean she is homo or lezbo can we put this thread behind?

schillingklaus

[38]Dec 26, 2009
    • level: 12
    It's irrelevant what sort of show it is. Dan Schneider is an expert in hiding adult stuff subtly in a kid-friendly comedy.

HaydenAvery

[39]Dec 26, 2009
    • level: 21
    ok this is just stupid. sam is not gay end thread.

KatelynBrissey

[40]Dec 26, 2009
    You know as gross as I think this is, I can't rly be surprised. Me and my best friend have a relationship a lot like Sam and Carly. I'm the more tomboyish one that definitely didn't get many guys in high school b/c I enjoyed biking and playing in the woods, playing the "who can say penis the loudest in class" game, and messing with substitutes and certain teachers. She was on the cheer leading team, she was in honors classes so she had to make perfect grades and could have her choice of dudes.

So, again, very similar. There were a few ppl due to my "tomboyishness" that thought I was gay too, but I'm definitely not. I have 3 older brothers that were all boxers, my family is not rich, and you have to learn how to protect yourself in environments like that. I also protect my best friend from guys that I know aren't right for her. She is an awesome person, so she doesn't need to get hurt by just some loser. I just like very few guys b/c most of them are just way too easy to run over.

Soooo...can we end the argument? b/c obv. this stuff wont happen on iCarly.