We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Anyone else think Sam is a closet Lesbian?

Do you think sam is a lesbian?

saylavee

[41]Dec 26, 2009
    • level: 18

KatelynBrissey wrote:
    You know as gross as I think this is, I can't rly be surprised. Me and my best friend have a relationship a lot like Sam and Carly. I'm the more tomboyish one that definitely didn't get many guys in high school b/c I enjoyed biking and playing in the woods, playing the "who can say penis the loudest in class" game, and messing with substitutes and certain teachers. She was on the cheer leading team, she was in honors classes so she had to make perfect grades and could have her choice of dudes. So, again, very similar. There were a few ppl due to my "tomboyishness" that thought I was gay too, but I'm definitely not. I have 3 older brothers that were all boxers, my family is not rich, and you have to learn how to protect yourself in environments like that. I also protect my best friend from guys that I know aren't right for her. She is an awesome person, so she doesn't need to get hurt by just some loser. I just like very few guys b/c most of them are just way too easy to run over. Soooo...can we end the argument? b/c obv. this stuff wont happen on iCarly.

Well said. And yeah Same here, except im not a tomboy, but one of my friends is. Its normal for girls to go around calling each other hot, sexy, etc. Basically during lunch me and my friend, well all the girls at out table we act gay and all the boys act gay Also, due to how i look, what i like (anime, video games, etc) and how i act on the outside i dont get the guys. So when those dang "popular" b****es walk around lunch, see how we act and what we like, and how 3 outa 5 of us are single, we are called gay but we arent.

So i like to ask all of you guys this: if a girl doesn act girly, doesnt wear tons of make-up, doesnt drool over guys, doesnt act weak/defensless, is like Sam and not like Carly, does that automatically make you think she's gay You gota get to know someone before you say that. If those girls and the guys they hang out with got to know me, theyd know im into alot of the stuff they are into too (well besides drugs)

And just to amuse you, no sam would never be like that on iCarly, a show aimed more towards younger veiwers, but she may be on a show like Degrassi.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

schillingklaus

[42]Dec 26, 2009
    • level: 12
    Schneider doesn't aim the show towarsds younger kids, he just tries to make it appropriate for them. But he still leaves subtle hints for those with eyes to see and ears to hear, as best explained in the wonderful LiveJournal community Nick_Girlslash

HaydenAvery

[43]Dec 26, 2009
    • level: 21
    just because sam is tough does not make her gay dan would not leave hints like that. your stereotyping her and im finding it annoying. i hate sam and im still sticking up for her character.

TheSchwab

[44]Dec 26, 2009
    • level: 11
    Sam has feelings for Freddie.

Well i guess you could say she could be bi but it goes against everything we know about Sam for her to be gay or bi. There is nothing wrong with either but i'm talking about the character i see on screen. She's straight.

HaydenAvery

[45]Dec 26, 2009
    hold the phone. sam is not gay but that's definitely not the reason why. do NOT bring seddie into this!

Girlygirl24

[46]Dec 26, 2009
    • level: 28
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    hold the phone. sam is not gay but that's definitely not the reason why. do NOT bring seddie into this!

i agree but no i dont shes gay i think shes straight!

hardcorefakes

[47]Dec 31, 2009
    • level: 7
    OMG Sam is a HUGE lesbean. thats what i think

hardcorefakes

[48]Dec 31, 2009
    saylavee wrote:

KatelynBrissey wrote:
    You know as gross as I think this is, I can't rly be surprised. Me and my best friend have a relationship a lot like Sam and Carly. I'm the more tomboyish one that definitely didn't get many guys in high school b/c I enjoyed biking and playing in the woods, playing the "who can say penis the loudest in class" game, and messing with substitutes and certain teachers. She was on the cheer leading team, she was in honors classes so she had to make perfect grades and could have her choice of dudes. So, again, very similar. There were a few ppl due to my "tomboyishness" that thought I was gay too, but I'm definitely not. I have 3 older brothers that were all boxers, my family is not rich, and you have to learn how to protect yourself in environments like that. I also protect my best friend from guys that I know aren't right for her. She is an awesome person, so she doesn't need to get hurt by just some loser. I just like very few guys b/c most of them are just way too easy to run over. Soooo...can we end the argument? b/c obv. this stuff wont happen on iCarly.

Well said. And yeah Same here, except im not a tomboy, but one of my friends is. Its normal for girls to go around calling each other hot, sexy, etc. Basically during lunch me and my friend, well all the girls at out table we act gay and all the boys act gay Also, due to how i look, what i like (anime, video games, etc) and how i act on the outside i dont get the guys. So when those dang "popular" b****es walk around lunch, see how we act and what we like, and how 3 outa 5 of us are single, we are called gay but we arent.

So i like to ask all of you guys this: if a girl doesn act girly, doesnt wear tons of make-up, doesnt drool over guys, doesnt act weak/defensless, is like Sam and not like Carly, does that automatically make you think she's gay You gota get to know someone before you say that. If those girls and the guys they hang out with got to know me, theyd know im into alot of the stuff they are into too (well besides drugs)

And just to amuse you, no sam would never be like that on iCarly, a show aimed more towards younger veiwers, but she may be on a show like Degrassi.

fryman1701

[49]Jan 6, 2010
    only one thing to say; that huge rainbow ring Sam has been wearing since the middle of season 2

marcdragicevic

[50]Mar 4, 2010
    fryman1701 wrote:
    only one thing to say; that huge rainbow ring Sam has been wearing since the middle of season 2

I have never noticed that. :S

blahblah570

[51]Aug 14, 2010
    • level: 1

I'm inclined to agree with the idea that most of Sam's behavior stems from a lot of defense mechanisms from her less than stable home life rather than any kind of unrequited love for Carly. So, my answer is probably not. But, there have been a lot of vague innuendos and hints dropped throughout the show that would also make me not the least bit surprised if the character did turn out to be gay.

That said, there's something about the whole discussion (not just on this site or thread) that really bugs me, and that's the number times people say things along the lines of, "of course not, because iCarly is on a kids' network," or, "of course not, because it's a family show" — as if families somehow don't have gay people, or as if gay kids somehow don't exist, or as if gay teenagers aren't marginalized enough in our society. It reminds me of a line from a Lou Reed song: "In the name of family values we must ask, whose family?"

It'll be a great day for kids when channels like Nickelodeon and Disney finally develop the brass to depict openly gay characters on their shows.

pscf3

[52]Aug 14, 2010
    • level: 16
    So, you are saying it's a good thing to be gay Because it's not, it's pretty disgusting, not to mention unholy and ungodly.

So, if nick or Disney does allow gay characters on their shows, it will show how bad of a world we live in. It's bad enough that people even consider gayity( is that a word?) . Man was lonely so he made a woman for him, not another man .

Sam is probably not gay If this were degrassi, then she might be, but not iCarly thank god.

blahblah570 wrote:

I'm inclined to agree with the idea that most of Sam's behavior stems from a lot of defense mechanisms from her less than stable home life rather than any kind of unrequited love for Carly. So, my answer is probably not. But, there have been a lot of vague innuendos and hints dropped throughout the show that would also make me not the least bit surprised if the character did turn out to be gay.

That said, there's something about the whole discussion (not just on this site or thread) that really bugs me, and that's the number times people say things along the lines of, "of course not, because iCarly is on a kids' network," or, "of course not, because it's a family show" - as if families somehow don't have gay people, or as if gay kids somehow don't exist, or as if gay teenagers aren't marginalized enough in our society. It reminds me of a line from a Lou Reed song: "In the name of family values we must ask, whose family?"

It'll be a great day for kids when channels like Nickelodeon and Disney finally develop the brass to depict openly gay characters on their shows.

schillingklaus

[53]Aug 14, 2010
    • level: 12
    Gay or non-gay doesn't make the slightest difference.

pscf3

[54]Aug 14, 2010
    Huh ?

pugpupies88

[55]Aug 14, 2010
    • level: 2

pscf3 wrote:
    So, you are saying it's a good thing to be gay Because it's not, it's pretty disgusting, not to mention unholy and ungodly. So, if nick or Disney does allow gay characters on their shows, it will show how bad of a world we live in. It's bad enough that people even consider gayity( is that a word?) . Man was lonely so he made a woman for him, not another man . Sam is probably not gay If this were degrassi, then she might be, but not iCarly thank god.
    blahblah570 wrote:

That said, there's something about the whole discussion (not just on this site or thread) that really bugs me, and that's the number times people say things along the lines of, "of course not, because iCarly is on a kids' network," or, "of course not, because it's a family show" - as if families somehow don't have gay people, or as if gay kids somehow don't exist, or as if gay teenagers aren't marginalized enough in our society. It reminds me of a line from a Lou Reed song: "In the name of family values we must ask, whose family?"

God "made" animals too. So how come I see male dogs humping other male dogs?

Seriously, shut up with the holy crap. Your attitude is what's disgusting, not gay people.

pscf3

[56]Aug 14, 2010
    How is my attitude disgusting?

And I've never seen gay dogs, and I live around A LOT of dogs.

Why the quotes around "made".

pugpupies88 wrote:

pscf3 wrote:
    So, you are saying it's a good thing to be gay Because it's not, it's pretty disgusting, not to mention unholy and ungodly. So, if nick or Disney does allow gay characters on their shows, it will show how bad of a world we live in. It's bad enough that people even consider gayity( is that a word?) . Man was lonely so he made a woman for him, not another man . Sam is probably not gay If this were degrassi, then she might be, but not iCarly thank god.
    blahblah570 wrote:

God "made" animals too. So how come I see male dogs humping other male dogs?

Seriously, shut up with the holy crap. Your attitude is what's disgusting, not gay people.

saylavee

[57]Aug 14, 2010
    Umm, sorry pscf, but I have to agree with pugpupies up there. Most of the time gay people dont chose to be gay they are born like that. And well, if you want me to find a loophole in relgion, God made everyone equal so, yeah people should be tolerant of other people no matter what they are. Gay straight, bi, trans, we are all equal and no one should have a problem with someone's sexuality. You can have you're own opinion, but sometimes, you should keep it to yourself.

Oh, and my old boxer was a lesbian, just saying. Hopefully we dont start a fight over this

pscf3

[58]Aug 14, 2010
    True, I still don't get what he said about my attitude being disgusting.

saylavee

[60]Aug 14, 2010
    Okay calm down now lets not start a fight over this on an iCarly forum.