We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

About the Generation Love video during icarly....

teenj12

[61]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 26
    RemDiamond wrote:
    Whether she handled any of it appropriately is questionable and very subjective. However, you are right. I think she was wrong in condoning some of the tweets by her fans at the expense of others. I have a right to express my disappointment in how she's handled this whether anyone agrees or not. I'm kind of done with the whole thing to be honest but it bothers me that so many excuse/justify it. The other may have some merit even if she could have gone about it a different way. However, I don't think this particular issue is defensible and the only reason I keep bringing it up is because people are ignoring some of the poor decisions she's made. I don't think she's a bad person; just made a bad call. She's human but she is also a public figure. Her flaws are fair game just as is her talent.

She didn't ask to be a public figure. She just wants to act and sing. Yea, I'm done arguing too. This whole thing got really old really fast.

@Marc: Jennette favorited tweets that insulted Miranda, according to Vanilla. I'm pretty sure she only favorited tweets that contained support for her, I don't think she's favoriting tweets based on bad stuff like insulting Miranda. Maybe a person insulted Miranda in the same tweet he/she supported Jennette. idk, but as I said, this got really old, really fast.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vanillacupcakes

[62]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 16
    She doesn't directly. She favorited tweets that say things like "You're the best part of iCarly" or "They showed all of Miranda's video! And you're better than her..." Things like that. Just check her twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/jennettemccurdy/favorites

RemDiamond wrote:
    I don't think she's a bad person; just made a bad call.
    THIS. That's all I've been meaning to say, basically.

marcdragicevic

[63]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 21
    teenj12 wrote:
    RemDiamond wrote:
    Whether she handled any of it appropriately is questionable and very subjective. However, you are right. I think she was wrong in condoning some of the tweets by her fans at the expense of others. I have a right to express my disappointment in how she's handled this whether anyone agrees or not. I'm kind of done with the whole thing to be honest but it bothers me that so many excuse/justify it. The other may have some merit even if she could have gone about it a different way. However, I don't think this particular issue is defensible and the only reason I keep bringing it up is because people are ignoring some of the poor decisions she's made. I don't think she's a bad person; just made a bad call. She's human but she is also a public figure. Her flaws are fair game just as is her talent.

She didn't ask to be a public figure. She just wants to act and sing. Yea, I'm done arguing too. This whole thing got really old really fast.

@Marc: Jennette favorited tweets that insulted Miranda, according to Vanilla. I'm pretty sure she only favorited tweets that contained support for her, I don't think she's favoriting tweets based on bad stuff like insulting Miranda. Maybe a person insulted Miranda in the same tweet he/she supported Jennette. idk, but as I said, this got really old, really fast.

Ohcrap, I'll have a look.

teenj12

[64]Apr 26, 2011

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    She doesn't directly. She favorited tweets that say things like "You're the best part of iCarly" or "They showed all of Miranda's video! And you're better than her..." Things like that. Just check her twitter. http://twitter.com/#!/jennettemccurdy/favorites
    RemDiamond wrote:
    I don't think she's a bad person; just made a bad call.
    THIS. That's all I've been meaning to say, basically.

This is probably the part she supported.

vanillacupcakes

[65]Apr 26, 2011
    Exactly, all the ones dissing Miranda had something about Nickelodeon being unfair. It's still a little disrespectful, but I think she just likes the support her fans give her.

But it looks like Nickelodeon will finally show the whole video this weekend.

hurr05

[66]Apr 26, 2011
    • level: 10

While I'm on Jennette's side with this, I think she stooped kinda low by favoriting those tweets.

hurr05

[67]Apr 26, 2011

sorry for the double post here, people, but i just went on twitter and Jennette's following Nathan, Noah (Gibby) and Jerry, but not Miranda...hmmm...

OH OH OH. she also said "yo! I was told nickelodeon is going to make right by all of us & play the #GenerationLovevid in full sometime this weekend. Let's hope!"

marcdragicevic

[68]Apr 26, 2011
    hurr05 wrote:

While I'm on Jennette's side with this, I think she stooped kinda low by favoriting those tweets.

I actually agree on that, it would be good to talk to her in private about this though.

RemDiamond

[69]Apr 26, 2011
    • level: 5
    Jennette was following Miranda until right after they finished filming the most recent season. Then after she stopped following Miranda, Miranda returned the favor.

hurr05

[70]Apr 26, 2011

@marc, true, but i don't know if any of us would get to talk to her in private but she really should have handled it a bit more maturely.

@remdiamond, like i said, i think there's some jealousy........

vanillacupcakes

[71]Apr 26, 2011
    ^Yup, and then she temporarily unfollowed Nathan. She did favorite one of Miranda's tweets though.

hurr05

[72]Apr 26, 2011

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    ^Yup, and then she temporarily unfollowed Nathan. She did favorite one of Miranda's tweets though.
    ...is jennette a jealous person towards her co-stars?

teenj12

[73]Apr 26, 2011
    hurr05 wrote:

vanillacupcakes wrote:

She seems nice..

marcdragicevic

[74]Apr 26, 2011
    She does seem nice, but I'm not sure why she doesn't follow her co-stars for? Is there something we don't know?

teenj12

[75]Apr 26, 2011
    Lol what if this is all a publicity act .

vanillacupcakes

[76]Apr 26, 2011
    I think they get along on set, but they aren't good friends like she is with everybody else on iCarly. I think Miranda spends more time hanging out with her friends she grew up with than Nathan, Noah, and Jennette. But when they're filming they'll all go out and watch movies or goof around on set. It's like how any ordinary people are acquaintances with certain co-workers. They'll talk to each other and get along at work, but don't hang out outside of work. I don't really know their lives or their motives on anything, but it's just a guess. Imo I think they have good chemistry, which is why I like Cam friendship.

vanillacupcakes

[77]Apr 26, 2011

hurr05 wrote:

Sorry for the double post, but she's extremelyclose friends with Nathan. Don't get me started on that, lol. Too much evidence that they're friends. They get along great. There was a point where Jennette wouldn't respond to him at all, but it ended after a month or so. She gets along with Jerry too(I think everybody does). Again, I don't think she's jealous of anybody. She just appreciates her fan's support and I bet she sometimes feels like she's thrown under the bus.

Edited on 04/26/2011 8:48pm

hurr05

[78]Apr 27, 2011

vanillacupcakes wrote:

hurr05 wrote:

Sorry for the double post, but she's extremelyclose friends with Nathan. Don't get me started on that, lol. Too much evidence that they're friends. They get along great. There was a point where Jennette wouldn't respond to him at all, but it ended after a month or so. She gets along with Jerry too(I think everybody does). Again, I don't think she's jealous of anybody. She just appreciates her fan's support and I bet she sometimes feels like she's thrown under the bus.

lmao yeaahh i'm aware of her and Nathan's friendship. but yeah i agree with the person who said that her and miranda might not be good friends outside of iCarly.....idk i guess it's like that.

pscf3

[79]Apr 27, 2011
    Just saw the 30 second video. Great. I really wish I could have my vote back.

teenj12

[80]Apr 27, 2011
    Its kinda like Disney's "The Cheetah Girls". Raven reported that she was treated unfairly by the other three girls and that there were arguments, cat fights, and drama on set.