We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

About the Generation Love video during icarly....

saylavee

[41]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 18

Is waiting for Jennette to randomly tweet something that makes me wonder is she's watching us.

I think I'm on Team Jennette on this one too. My thing is, if someone says they are going to do something, and keeps saying it over and over, THEN THEY SHOULD DO IT AND NOT HALF-A$$ IT! (sorry, personal experiences with this kind of stuff, pinches a nerve here)

But I do admit she shouldn't have faved/re-tweeted the tweets the cussed out Miranda, since that has nothing to do with this. The other tweets I find understandable

(Oh and I agree she is a WAY better singer than Miranda, and Victoria, and any other nick singer)

There was something else I wanted to say, but I can't remember. I'll be back!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RemDiamond

[42]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 5
    One of Jennette's fans timed it and stated they aired the video for 1:30.

RomanZolanski

[43]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 12
    Ok, um so I've just been lurking. But imo, Jennette's still a teenage girl, and if she favourites the tweets that support her, then it's her choice. She's compeltely allowed because it's her Twitter, not Nick's. Not only that, but Nick wasn't being faithful to her, and instead overexpose Miranda, Victoria and BTR. Honestly, Jennette shouldn't take any blame in this, because it's not like she said anything bad about Nick, she didn't call them out, she didn't say anything. She just like the tweets that SUPPORTED her, because that's what she needs, support. If Nick's not gonna help Jennette show her music to the world, then she needs to find it some other way, and it shows that she has fans that back her up.

LOL I'm done, and likely not to write anymore.

RemDiamond

[44]Apr 25, 2011
    She retweeted many posts ripping Nick to shreds and wanting to boycott Nick. On the issue of BTR, Miranda, and Victoria, they are all signed with Nick's label. Of course they are going to promote them. Jennette is signed with a rival label. I don't get why that is so hard to understand.

teenj12

[45]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 26

RemDiamond wrote:
    She retweeted many posts ripping Nick to shreds and wanting to boycott Nick. On the issue of BTR, Miranda, and Victoria, they are all signed with Nick's label. Of course they are going to promote them. Jennette is signed with a rival label. I don't get why that is so hard to understand.

Retweeting is one thing, ACTUALLY posting is another. She can favor anything she wants.

KatiePhil

[46]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 3

Actually, we dont know the whole behind the scenes thing about thedeal of this video. jennette probably assumed that they were airing the whole thing ( and who knows if they made a contract about airing it or not) and maybe ( if there was a contract) it said they had the choice to show as much of it as they want.

These are the things wearen't aware of. so fans on twitter cussing out miranda and nick and tlkin crap about the other stars of nick have NO clue what they're tlking about, other than stating their own opinion.

pscf3

[47]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 16
    I honestly have never heard Jennette sing, but it really shouldn't be hard to be better than Miranda.

kx500ex

[48]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 1
    I'm happy Jennette is mad because they used her to make fools of fans she seems to care quite a bit about. But what angers me most is nick lied to me! All afternoon they led me to believe I would get to see the whole video so like a fool I would sit through there other shows helping with their ratings then not give me what imo they promised me. Nick was under no obligation to play it but they used it for their benefit then didn't give what they said they would I mean they advertised the clip at least 10 times that day so they had way more than the time they were going to lose playing the whole thing but as soon as the ratings were made they dumped it. bad business!!

vanillacupcakes

[49]Apr 25, 2011

Jennette is still favoriting tweets....

I don't think Jennette feels she is too good for Nickelodeon or her castmates. I think she just wanted to get the message across that she was not the only one who was upset about Nickelodeon being misleading. Jennette has always seemed to be an overemotional person. She gets more upset over rumors than the typical celebrity and overreacts to silly things. It probably means more to Jennette than it would for other celebrities. I just didn't expect this to blow over on twitter, and she never has done so in a mean way. I guess my point is that it was surprising, but in a way understandable(for her).

All of the tweets about boycotting Nickelodeon are favorites, not RTs. Not that it's any better...the RTs are still disrespectful. I DO think her manager needs to tell her to cut it out with the tweets though, or control it.

If this pleases Jennette fans, sometimes less is more. By showing just a bit of it, people had to buy it or increase the view count online to watch the full video. It made people aware of it, but they wanted more, just like any other teasers for anything. She has gained followers and supporters who are willing to buy it. Plus, a lot of people hate Miranda's or Victoria's music only because Nickelodeon overplays it. I don't think playing it all the time would be good for her anyways. Her single is rising on the country iTunes chart. If anybody is upset that this whole thing is going to affect her music career, don't be. I'm more of a fan of her acting anyways. *shrugs*

All I was saying about Nickelodeon is that I hate the way they promote things in general with everybody, including Miranda and BTR. I was defending BTR(even though they annoy me) when I mentioned them. They are signed on Nickelodeon's record, yet they never played their whole "Famous" music video? Why wouldn't they?

--------

Lastly, pscf3, you should see her sing. I like Miranda though, so maybe we have opposite interests. Yeah, I'm promoting her, because every facebook like and youtube view counts. If Jennette is going to bash Nickelodeon instead of promoting herself, I will, mwahaha. Also Miranda has improved a lot(hint hint).

Not That Far Away Acoustic

Generation Love Live

And to anybody who actually hasn't seen the full video yet...see it here

hurr05

[50]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 10

Jennette SHOULD be mad. You get up early, work hard to produce quality-tv for Nick night and day, and they do THIS to you? uh-uh.

RemDiamond

[51]Apr 25, 2011
    Nick compensates her for her hard work on iCarly. She's still favoriting negative comments towards Nick and their other talent. Given the amount of tweets she received praising her, it would be no effort at all for her to get her point across without involving other people. I see lots of green.

teenj12

[52]Apr 25, 2011
    RemDiamond wrote:
    Nick compensates her for her hard work on iCarly. She's still favoriting negative comments towards Nick and their other talent. Given the amount of tweets she received praising her, it would be no effort at all for her to get her point across without involving other people. I see lots of green.

she can favorite tweets all she wants. Nick needs to play the full video.

RemDiamond

[53]Apr 25, 2011
    If she thinks insulting their talent is going to make them air the video, she's wrong.

teenj12

[54]Apr 25, 2011
    RemDiamond wrote:
    If she thinks insulting their talent is going to make them air the video, she's wrong.
    There's a CAMPAIGN you know. Why are you just focusing on her "insulting their talent"?

hurr05

[55]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 10

teenj12 wrote:
    RemDiamond wrote:
    There's a CAMPAIGN you know. Why are you just focusing on her "insulting their talent"?
    Nick is actually LOSING their talent with the kind of shows they're bringing on. But I think insulting them is gonna make them pull away from her even more....just saying.

RemDiamond

[56]Apr 25, 2011
    Because it bothers me and it isn't necessary to get her point across.

teenj12

[57]Apr 25, 2011
    RemDiamond wrote:
    Because it bothers me and it isn't necessary to get her point across.
    I think your reason is because that's the only "wrong" thing she may have done.

vanillacupcakes

[58]Apr 25, 2011
    ^That's my reason of why I forgive her....

RemDiamond

[59]Apr 25, 2011
    Whether she handled any of it appropriately is questionable and very subjective. However, you are right. I think she was wrong in condoning some of the tweets by her fans at the expense of others. I have a right to express my disappointment in how she's handled this whether anyone agrees or not. I'm kind of done with the whole thing to be honest but it bothers me that so many excuse/justify it. The other may have some merit even if she could have gone about it a different way. However, I don't think this particular issue is defensible and the only reason I keep bringing it up is because people are ignoring some of the poor decisions she's made. I don't think she's a bad person; just made a bad call. She's human but she is also a public figure. Her flaws are fair game just as is her talent.

marcdragicevic

[60]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 21
    Where does Jennette insult Miranda?
    (It was mentioned in this topic).