We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

About the Generation Love video during icarly....

MrMcAwesomeman

[1]Apr 23, 2011
    • level: 1

Ok so, like many of you, I tuned in to iCarly at 9:30 to see Jennette McCurdy's new music video. To my surprise, they only showed 30 seconds. Anyway, I went on her twitter about a half hour later (I had to do some things first) and saw that she posted a bunch of retweets of her fans supporting her and condemning Nickelodeon. The thing is, some of those retweets sounded like they where REPLYING to her. So here's my question: Did Jennette write something (bad) about nickelodeon on twitter and then delete it real quickly. Did anyone see it? What did it say? Am I just going crazy?

I am REALY sorry if this topic seems slightly out of place on the iCarly boards, but I didn't know where else to go for the answer. Please help. Thanks.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

teenj12

[2]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 26
    MrMcAwesomeman wrote:

Ok so, like many of you, I tuned in to iCarly at 9:30 to see Jennette McCurdy's new music video. To my surprise, they only showed 30 seconds. Anyway, I went on her twitter about a half hour later (I had to do some things first) and saw that she posted a bunch of retweets of her fans supporting her and condemning Nickelodeon. The thing is, some of those retweets sounded like they where REPLYING to her. So here's my question: Did Jennette write something (bad) about nickelodeon on twitter and then delete it real quickly. Did anyone see it? What did it say? Am I just going crazy?

I am REALY sorry if this topic seems slightly out of place on the iCarly boards, but I didn't know where else to go for the answer. Please help. Thanks.

Jennette was very mad, idk what she posted exactly though.

frontman19

[3]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 14

She posted "Yo kids did @NickelodeonTV really just air 30 seconds of my music video?" but then deleted it, still she was very upset and started a campaign to get #nickplayjennettesfullvideo to be a trending topic and favorited a lot of anti-nick tweets. I'm pretty mad at Nick too right now and I think she has every right to be upset. Nick advertised that they'd be playing the whole video...they didn't, they spelled her name wrong on Brainsurge, it's just pitiful how she gets stiffed by the station. She deserves a lot more respect than she gets.

Edited on 04/23/2011 11:04pm

MrMcAwesomeman

[4]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 1

frontman19 wrote:

She posted "Yo kids did @NickelodeonTV really just air 30 seconds of my music video?" but then deleted it, still she was very upset and started a campaign to get #nickplayjennettesfullvideo to be a trending topic and favorited a lot of anti-nick tweets. I'm pretty mad at Nick too right now and I think she has every right to be upset. Nick advertised that they'd be playing the whole video...they didn't, they spelled her name wrong on Brainsurge, it's just pitiful how she gets stiffed by the station. She deserves a lot more respect than she gets.

Thank you SO MUCH for posting the deleted tweet! I too was very upset. I also joined the #nickplayjennettesfullvideo trend. I agree, she does deserve a lot more respect.

teenj12

[5]Apr 24, 2011
    MrMcAwesomeman wrote:

frontman19 wrote:

Thank you SO MUCH for posting the deleted tweet! I too was very upset. I also joined the #nickplayjennettesfullvideo trend. I agree, she does deserve a lot more respect.

I got a twitter, I'm a join too. Shiiiiit!

marcdragicevic

[6]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 21
    If you think Nick. America is bad, Nick.Australia is a lot worst. Still can't believe they only showed 30 seconds of the video.

sockstar

[7]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 12
    She should be grateful.

She signed with another company specifically to do what she wanted, and now she posts that when they 'only' play 30 seconds of a song Nick have no part of?

Maybe she should've paid for the full song to be played, I bet she wouldn't want to pay what Nick would charge.

marcdragicevic

[8]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 21
    sockstar wrote:
    She should be grateful.

She signed with another company specifically to do what she wanted, and now she posts that when they 'only' play 30 seconds of a song Nick have no part of?

Maybe she should've paid for the full song to be played, I bet she wouldn't want to pay what Nick would charge.

Hmm... interesting comment. What Nick. has done is def. controversial.
    How much do you think Nick. has charged?

KJLwriter

[9]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 8

I would be mad too if I put all of the work into making a music video and they didn't show it all.

Edited on 04/24/2011 9:04am

teenj12

[10]Apr 24, 2011
    KJLwriter wrote:

I would be mad too if I put all of the work into making a music video and they didn't show it all.

Yea, its a huge slap in the face.

KJLwriter

[11]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 8
    teenj12 wrote:
    KJLwriter wrote:

Yea, its a huge slap in the face.

Yup! I feel so bad for Jennette.

KatiePhil

[12]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 3
    i like that she is sticking up for herself. now she should just ake this to nickelodeon directly!

frontman19

[13]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 14

Exactly, she shouldn't be grateful, she has every right to be angry Nick promised to air the entire music video and they only aired 30 seconds, it's incredibly disrespectful and it doesn't have anything to do with Jennette not being willing to pay, because she shouldn't need to.

kyubi256

[14]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 9
    Nick really needs to know... iCarly will NOT survive without Sam/Jennette.

I'm sorry... But I'm 95% sure that it'd crumble without Sam. It would be best not to upset one of your main stars

teenj12

[15]Apr 24, 2011
    kyubi256 wrote:
    Nick really needs to know... iCarly will NOT survive without Sam/Jennette.

I'm sorry... But I'm 95% sure that it'd crumble without Sam. It would be best not to upset one of your main stars
    Yea, this could lead to Nick firing her.

kyubi256

[16]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 9
    Nick is stupid for not playing the whole video also. It was so brilliant.

This was a nice change from all the fake "GANGSTER" talks and the autotunes.

It was genuine music, genuine message, and genuine fun and good song

RemDiamond

[17]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 5
    Nick agreed to show a preview which they did. They have no obligation to show it at all if Capital records didn't buy time. They showed a brief clip of it which took away from their sponsorship. She didn't sign with the Nick record label. They don't have to promote her other endeavors. It was nice of Nick to show any of it at all. They showed the entire video last time. It is on their website in its entirety which is promoting a rival record label. They don't promote Keke's album because it isn't with Columbia. They spelled her name wrong. Well, they spelled Miranda's name wrong on her Kissin U video the first time it aired. She's out of line imo. Especially favoring and retweeting jabs at her innocent co-star that has nothing to do with this. It is very unprofessional of her to diss her employer who was gracious enough to promote it at all considering Capital is airing it on CMT and Nick gains no money from it.

pscf3

[18]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 16
    Good point Happy McHappy Pants.

saylavee

[19]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 18
    But still she is an important part of Nick, and they short her out on a lot of things, not just the music videos. I remember a few commercials where every other star got loads of screentime and lines while she had no lines at all.

Also, remember her last music video? They showed it once, then what happened?

Oh, good news though is that I saw the full thing on TeenNick this morning.

If they payed for the full video to be shown, and they expected the full video to be shown, then the full video should've been shown.

teenj12

[20]Apr 24, 2011
    RemDiamond wrote:
    Nick agreed to show a preview which they did. They have no obligation to show it at all if Capital records didn't buy time. They showed a brief clip of it which took away from their sponsorship. She didn't sign with the Nick record label. They don't have to promote her other endeavors. It was nice of Nick to show any of it at all. They showed the entire video last time. It is on their website in its entirety which is promoting a rival record label. They don't promote Keke's album because it isn't with Columbia. They spelled her name wrong. Well, they spelled Miranda's name wrong on her Kissin U video the first time it aired. She's out of line imo. Especially favoring and retweeting jabs at her innocent co-star that has nothing to do with this. It is very unprofessional of her to diss her employer who was gracious enough to promote it at all considering Capital is airing it on CMT and Nick gains no money from it.
    NO they agreed to show the PREMIERE, not a PREVIEW.