We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

#512 "iFind Spencer Friends" Episode Discussion

teenj12

[1]Oct 18, 2012
    • level: 26

Plot: The gang tries to find Spencer friends his own age.

Promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz2zSw8V91k

Airdate: October 20, 2012

As we all know, Emma Stone is set to guest star in this episode.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nicknameless101

[2]Oct 18, 2012
    • level: 25

It sounds like a good episode idea, but isn't Socko a friend of Spencer who happens to be around his age?

marcdragicevic

[3]Oct 19, 2012
    • level: 21
    Emma Stone should be great in this episode, and have a lot of air time.

teenj12

[4]Oct 20, 2012
    nicknameless101 wrote:

It sounds like a good episode idea, but isn't Socko a friend of Spencer who happens to be around his age?

This. I think this episode kinda ignores that Spencer does have a few adult friends. Like remember when he said he was going camping with Socko and "the guys" (Of course he didn't get to go due to Chuck). So while I don't think he has many adult friends, he may have a few.

Fireofnature

[5]Oct 20, 2012
    • level: 13
    The episode kind of ticked me off. I mean it was decent, Gibby had some of the funnier performances, to be honest. The thing about it was, it seemed like the whole Emma Stone thing was so hyped up, and she really just had a random part that didn't even matter. That irritates me. Guess we should be used to that, though.

83optics

[6]Oct 20, 2012
    • level: 6

learned:

* Baggles > Chewbacca

* teenis, floppy racquet, years of practice...

* i won't vote until i hear Old Man Bellybutton's take on this presidential election.

* don't watch this episode right after eating bathroom meatballs.

* Spiderman is now officially jealous of iCarly.

BrookeParker

[7]Oct 20, 2012
    • level: 12
    It was funny. Poor Spence. Emma Stone running amok in the last few minutes of the episode. Wow. Gibster wearin' a weddin' dress...Wow. John Ducey also guest-stars as one of Spencer's friends. The original trio were funny. Sam bein' rude...she'll JUST WON'T CHANGE! Lol. Although, there were a few occasions, such as "iMake Sam Girlier". There were other things I thought about, such as the silliness, etc.

alexspotsme

[8]Oct 21, 2012
    • level: 15
    This was a way better episode than last week. Lots of good moments.

Sam's chicken bone eating, making the bone clean as heck, was incredible. xD Then again, it's Sam were talking about. Love Sam.

Baggles definitely feeling the love; and it's cool to see him around as much. The wedding scene between Baggles and Gibby was kind of funny. Sam made me lol when she mentioned to come back next week to watch the bitter divorce. It'd be hilarious if that does happen in the next episode.

Gibby still irked me but he did have funny moments of himself (like saying "That guy wears a towel like a lady").

Those friends of Spenser's were real jerks, and definitely boring. I'm in to theatre productions myself, but those guys are just so dull. xD I guess it's because Spenser is just not that kind of guy to be into dramatic arts; just art in general. I'm kind of glad those guys got what they deserve by eating the contaminated food (Forgot what it was; chilli fries?)

Emma Stone made me happy, seeing her on the show, but I'm also disappointed about how brief and random her appearance was. I was hoping she would be either a permanent friend or even girlfriend for Spenser. Oh well. I love Emma Stone, and while my hype was short lived, I was sad to see her just a random crazed fan of iCarly.

Also, Freddie can be a real jerk! Those tampered chilli fries were meant for him, but those other 3 guys as Spenser's potential friends deserved it more.

So now we know of Socko (maker of Socks), his brother Tyler (maker of Ties) and a cousin in the Safari who hunts (Hunter). Genius. xD And by now, I really wish we got an appearance from Socko.

When the gang was thinking of people to invite to Spenser's party, Gibby mentioned the Book Club Ladies. Made me sad to hear that he got kicked out because he set a bunch of books on fire. And Carly mentions it because they were reading Fahrenheit 451. Nice. XD

That kind of makes me sad; are we not going to see the bookclub ladies anymore? I know their appearances are brief, and they only appeared twice, but they were awesome. Darn Spenser for being prone to fires.

Overall; I think this episode gets my rating of 8/10

nicknameless101

[9]Oct 21, 2012

alexspotsme wrote:
    This was a way better episode than last week. Lots of good moments. Sam's chicken bone eating, making the bone clean as heck, was incredible. xD Then again, it's Sam were talking about. Love Sam. Baggles definitely feeling the love; and it's cool to see him around as much. The wedding scene between Baggles and Gibby was kind of funny. Sam made me lol when she mentioned to come back next week to watch the bitter divorce. It'd be hilarious if that does happen in the next episode. Gibby still irked me but he did have funny moments of himself (like saying "That guy wears a towel like a lady"). Those friends of Spenser's were real jerks, and definitely boring. I'm in to theatre productions myself, but those guys are just so dull. xD I guess it's because Spenser is just not that kind of guy to be into dramatic arts; just art in general. I'm kind of glad those guys got what they deserve by eating the contaminated food (Forgot what it was; chilli fries?) Emma Stone made me happy, seeing her on the show, but I'm also disappointed about how brief and random her appearance was. I was hoping she would be either a permanent friend or even girlfriend for Spenser. Oh well. I love Emma Stone, and while my hype was short lived, I was sad to see her just a random crazed fan of iCarly. Also, Freddie can be a real jerk! Those tampered chilli fries were meant for him, but those other 3 guys as Spenser's potential friends deserved it more. So now we know of Socko (maker of Socks), his brother Tyler (maker of Ties) and a cousin in the Safari who hunts (Hunter). Genius. xD And by now, I really wish we got an appearance from Socko. When the gang was thinking of people to invite to Spenser's party, Gibby mentioned the Book Club Ladies. Made me sad to hear that he got kicked out because he set a bunch of books on fire. And Carly mentions it because they were reading Fahrenheit 451. Nice. XD That kind of makes me sad; are we not going to see the bookclub ladies anymore? I know their appearances are brief, and they only appeared twice, but they were awesome. Darn Spenser for being prone to fires. Overall; I think this episode gets my rating of 8/10
    How was Freddie being mean? I mean, I know he made fun of the weird waiter, but it's not his fault another waiter decided to give his contaminated fries to Spencer's new friends, right?

alexspotsme

[10]Oct 21, 2012
    Ergo, making fun of someone is kind of a jerk thing to do. Not saying her's permanently mean, but Freddie is definitely not a goodie goodie guy.

teenj12

[11]Oct 22, 2012

I liked this episode. Definitely better than iGet Banned.

It was funny to watch the gang round up new friends for Spencer's birthday paper. I don't think the guys they picked out were Spencer's type. They were a little too serious, mature, and un-weird for Spencer's liking. That waiter than Carly, Sam, and Freddie had was dirty. I bet he shi**ed in those chilli fries. Dan is so disgusting xDDDDDDD. I do think those guys got what was coming to them. They were being kinda mean to Spencer at the end. I really liked the scenes between Carly and Spencer, when he laid on her shoulder. Spencer is such man child xP. Emma Stone's appearance, while brief, was sooooo funny xDDD. That fan was trippin some serious bawls Lmao.

The Gibby subplot was minorly entertaining. The scene with him singing as the guys were throwing up were pretty funny .

Then the sweet ending with Spencer and the gang playing together. That was nice . I think the iCarly gang will always be Spencer's best friends.

On a sidenote, I loved the Baggles and Gibby wedding. Then Sam saying "Tune in next week for the bitter divorce"! Lol.

All in all, I'd say this episode is a 8.5/10.

Edited on 10/22/2012 8:07pm
    Edited 3 total times.

nicknameless101

[12]Oct 23, 2012

teenj12 wrote:

I liked this episode. Definitely better than iGet Banned.

It was funny to watch the gang round up new friends for Spencer's birthday paper. I don't think the guys they picked out were Spencer's type. They were a little too serious, mature, and un-weird for Spencer's liking. That waiter than Carly, Sam, and Freddie had was dirty. I bet he shi**ed in those chilli fries. Dan is so disgusting xDDDDDDD. I do think those guys got what was coming to them. They were being kinda mean to Spencer at the end. I really liked the scenes between Carly and Spencer, when he laid on her shoulder. Spencer is such man child xP. Emma Stone's appearance, while brief, was sooooo funny xDDD. That fan was trippin some serious bawls Lmao.

The Gibby subplot was minorly entertaining. The scene with him singing as the guys were throwing up were pretty funny .

Then the sweet ending with Spencer and the gang playing together. That was nice . I think the iCarly gang will always be Spencer's best friends.

On a sidenote, I loved the Baggles and Gibby wedding. Then Sam saying "Tune in next week for the bitter divorce"! Lol.

All in all, I'd say this episode is a 8.5/10.

Yeah, I agree with most of what you said. I thought that enthusiastic iCarly fan could've become Spencer's new friend or girlfriend.

schillingklaus

[13]Oct 26, 2012
    • level: 12

There is still no way to make any assumptiumptions about Socko's existence, his age, gender, or ethnicity.

Fireofnature

[14]Oct 26, 2012
    Good point Schilling, except we have been told Socko's gender (and you just sayd 'his' in reference to gender as well as age and ethnicity XD). I think it's assumed by the characters that Socko is at least in his twenties, but no one knows for sure.

It does annoy me, though, how childish and 'odd' Spencer is. I think by now he should have stable friends his own age and a girlfriend, the crazy is getting old fast.

teenj12

[15]Oct 26, 2012
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Good point Schilling, except we have been told Socko's gender (and you just sayd 'his' in reference to gender as well as age and ethnicity XD). I think it's assumed by the characters that Socko is at least in his twenties, but no one knows for sure.

It does annoy me, though, how childish and 'odd' Spencer is. I think by now he should have stable friends his own age and a girlfriend, the crazy is getting old fast.
    Yea, wouldn't iFind Spencer Friends make him like 30 now?

Fireofnature

[16]Oct 26, 2012
    Technically 31/32 now judging by the official site's year of birth being '81

alexspotsme

[17]Oct 28, 2012
    Yeah, Spencer really needs to grow up more. I know it's funny to point fingers at him and comment how silly he is, but this is getting ridiculous. It feels weirder these days on the show to see a grown man still acting like a immature child. It's no wonder those guys didn't like being around Spencer. I guess he has to settle being friends with Carly and her friends.

nicknameless101

[18]Oct 28, 2012

alexspotsme wrote:
    Yeah, Spencer really needs to grow up more. I know it's funny to point fingers at him and comment how silly he is, but this is getting ridiculous. It feels weirder these days on the show to see a grown man still acting like a immature child. It's no wonder those guys didn't like being around Spencer. I guess he has to settle being friends with Carly and her friends.
    Yeah, he does need to mature, but that doesn't mean he can't still be his quirky self. Those three guys were being harsh on him.

alexspotsme

[19]Oct 28, 2012
    I also think their sole purpose was to bash him around because they were exactly being annoyed by his personality. I do agree that it's okay if Spencer still retained his silly side, but It'd be nice if he got more treatment on the show. Usually he isn't doing much, ore just odd stuff. I miss his constant sculptures actually.

vanillacupcakes

[20]Oct 28, 2012
    • level: 16
    I love Spencer being all immature and silly, but I think he does need to act mature every once in awhile. He really does need friends his own age. Spencer has been slacking lately this season, which is a shame because he was my favorite character.

This episode was still cute though. Gibby's subplot made me think of the subplot in one of the episodes of "The Mindy Project".

They said that Emma Stone was just a cameo they put in at the last minute. It barely got any promo too. Compared to the other guest stars, Emma Stone didn't get much credit.