We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Season 1 Book 2: Official Predictions and Pre-season Discussion

RaizenYusuke

[21]Jul 18, 2012
    • level: 28
    We can have both. Korra, Bolin, Asami, and Mako can all get development.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

neoyamato_pi

[22]Jul 18, 2012
    • level: 26

^ Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for as well.

And as for Korra remaining on Air Temple Island, I hope she'd still have to train with airbending.

RaizenYusuke

[23]Jul 18, 2012

Bolin and Asami have a lot of potential. Now that we the series is guaranteed 40 more episodes there is enough time to develop them now as oppose to the mini-series idea. I really like both characters, so I wasn't thrilled that Bolin was made into pure comicl relief without much sense and how Asami's role in thelove triangle. Bolin being leader of the Fire Ferrts and Asami trying to run father's companywill provide good development for both of them. I could not careless about Mako being a cop.

SPDShadowRanger

[24]Jul 18, 2012
    • level: 72
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    If Korra is still on Air Temple island that means she is still training to master air, right?

Naturally. The whole book won't take place in Republic City though.

Nerdnot

[25]Jul 20, 2012
    • level: 14
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    If Korra is still on Air Temple island that means she is still training to master air, right?

yeah, but wasn't it supposed to be half and half? Where does that "half" factor come in.

teenj12

[26]Jul 22, 2012
    • level: 26
    Nerdnot wrote:
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

yeah, but wasn't it supposed to be half and half? Where does that "half" factor come in.
    One part of the book is set to take place at The Southern Water Tribe.

RaizenYusuke

[27]Sep 16, 2012

I'm not sure if this is going to hapen, but I hope Aang will appear every once and a while like Roku did in Aang's life to give her advice, even if she does have Tenzin. I know this isn't Aang's show and his time is over, but I do like the previous Avatar mentoring the current Avatar feeling.

Since we are heading to the Southern Water Tribe this upcoming season I think we will see Sokka's family. We learned about the rest of the main gaang's kids or some cases grandkids except for Sokka's. Did he end up with Suki or did he meet someone else? It is weird how Zuko, Toph, and Sokka's significant others haven't been told to us yet (or has that changed). I wonder if in Sokka's case if this intentional to lead to a bigger storyline.

Nerdnot

[28]Sep 17, 2012
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

I'm not sure if this is going to hapen, but I hope Aang will appear every once and a while like Roku did in Aang's life to give her advice, even if she does have Tenzin. I know this isn't Aang's show and his time is over, but I do like the previous Avatar mentoring the current Avatar feeling.

Since we are heading to the Southern Water Tribe this upcoming season I think we will see Sokka's family. We learned about the rest of the main gaang's kids or some cases grandkids except for Sokka's. Did he end up with Suki or did he meet someone else? It is weird how Zuko, Toph, and Sokka's significant others haven't been told to us yet (or has that changed). I wonder if in Sokka's case if this intentional to lead to a bigger storyline.

I'm not sure if Sokka did get married. I'm almost sure the writers would've have mentioned by now. And Besides Sokka lived Republic City for the rest of his life. Remember, he was a council man. Then again, I guess we don't know for sure whether or not Jinora, Ikki, Meelo and Rohan have any cousins.

On an completely unreleted note. When are we going to be able to tell that Rohan can bend air or not? Is there some like early sign or something?

edmasterchaos

[29]Sep 17, 2012
    • level: 41

RaizenYusuke wrote:

Well. My personal horrible theory is that since we know of Zuko's descendant, that probably means he got with Mai. However, that leaves Sokka with no family... yet Toph with no parter to make her daughter.
    In a world where 16 was the age of marriage and 15 year olds had implied 'fun'... maybe cousins kissing isn't that big of deal, but since it's a huge deal in reality, the creators plain don't say it happen.

Of course, i'm just a Tokka shipper. It's probably not true.

Kwando7

[30]Sep 18, 2012
    • level: 18

yeah doesn't look like it maybe one of Sokka's kids will be tribe chief or something. a whole year to wait i wonder if spoilers will come out or will it be as tightlipped as book 1

RaizenYusuke

[31]Sep 20, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

I'm not sure if Sokka did get married. I'm almost sure the writers would've have mentioned by now. And Besides Sokka lived Republic City for the rest of his life. Remember, he was a council man. Then again, I guess we don't know for sure whether or not Jinora, Ikki, Meelo and Rohan have any cousins.

On an completely unreleted note. When are we going to be able to tell that Rohan can bend air or not? Is there some like early sign or something?
    What makes you think being a councl member is a life term or that Sokka lived in Republic City for the rest of his life? He could have returned to the South Pole when he retired. Come on its Sokka the ladies man. I get the feeling we will be seeing some little Sokkas born in or out of wedlock.

Nerdnot

[32]Sep 23, 2012
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

What makes you think being a councl member is a life term or that Sokka lived in Republic City for the rest of his life? He could have returned to the South Pole when he retired. Come on its Sokka the ladies man. I get the feeling we will be seeing some little Sokkas born in or out of wedlock.
    True, I guess we don't know if it's life or not. OUT OF WEDLOCK?!?! Okay Sokka was indeed a ladies man, but not that MUCH of a ladies man.

RaizenYusuke

[33]Sep 23, 2012

How do we know? Suki was sneaking into his tent toward the end of season 3. Wink

Nerdnot

[34]Sep 24, 2012
    Yeah but they were probably just kissing. If something happened, they would be more in touch in The Promise.

edmasterchaos

[35]Sep 24, 2012
    • level: 41

I wouldn't really put much thought into The Promise beyond the synopsis. It's just not that... on par with the show (the way Toph and Sokka teach metalbending to the kids just doesn't really go with how Metalbending is shown in the show)

RaizenYusuke

[36]Sep 24, 2012
    I am more joking than anything.

elementavatar14

[37]Jan 11, 2013
    • level: 8

Book 2 takes place six months after the end of Book 1. Which gives Korra a good amount of time to have been practicing airbending. I'm not saying she has mastered it by now, but I'm sure she is getting pretty darn good at it after six months. Although Aang didn't master all four elements by the time the Comet came, he was still proficient in each bending discipline in a years time.

I can't wait to see the new and improved Southern Water Tribe. I would love an "I gotta pee!" reference. I would love a Sokka/Suki family reference even more, however.

Aang better be showing up throughout this entire Book. If it deals with the Spirit world, I gotta see me some previous Avatar guidance action going on. Also, the article that is linked on here says that this Book will address the origin of the Avatar. That will definitely be some interesting story development there. Also, I hear a lot of people complaining about Korra not having a personality or any character. That's a bunch of malarkey. She's stubborn, revels in her power maybe a little too much, and has a crap ton of pride. That right there will be her key inner obstacle in the coming seasons, I am sure of it.

I think we can be almost completely sure Rohan will be an airbender. If healing master Katara "senses" that it's gonna be an airbender, odds are, it's gonna be an airbender.

If Aang is riding Appa in the Spirit world, I'm going to cry. It's just gonna happen. I wonder if how they died will be addressed? Roku and Fangs death was, so I would definitely like to know what brought about the death of Aang and Appa. I hope it isn't something boring like old age, even if they WERE like a century and a half old when they died....

The wait, will of course, be a long and terrible one. I still have nightmares about the pre-season 3 hiatus. Worst times of my life. But if it takes long to make a series as orgasmically awesome as this, by all means, take your time.

AllieAllie

[38]Jan 15, 2013
    • level: 22

Its been said by the creators that Aang died because the iceberg sapped up most of his lifespan.

Nerdnot

[39]May 26, 2013
    Still waiting for the release date. Honestly I would be happy even they announced the release date was June 14, 2014.

AllieAllie

[40]Jun 26, 2013
    • level: 22

Its seems pretty likely now that they'll announce the date at Comic Con and premiere book 2 in the fall.