We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

PLOT Theories

ritzimitzi

[1]May 7, 2012
    • level: 1

Hello everybody, this is basically for anybody who has any theories as to the past, present or future of LOK

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ritzimitzi

[2]May 7, 2012

So after seeing EP. 5 in which Pema talks about having admitted her love of Tenzin while he was with someone else got me thinking as to who he was with.

My theory is that Tenzin wasoriginallywith Lin Beifong

I mean it all makes sense as to why Lin is frankly mean to both the avatar and Tenzin.

She could have grown up close with Tenzin since she is Toph's daughter, meaning that she probably was close to Aang and his family and could have honestly been in love with him, but then Pema comes along and "steals" Tenzin from her, leaving Lin sad and heartbroken. If this really happen it would explain why she is mean to the avatar korra because it was the previous avatar's son who broke up with her for another woman.

Nerdnot

[3]May 8, 2012
    • level: 14
    ritzimitzi wrote:

So after seeing EP. 5 in which Pema talks about having admitted her love of Tenzin while he was with someone else got me thinking as to who he was with.

My theory is that Tenzin wasoriginallywith Lin Beifong

I mean it all makes sense as to why Lin is frankly mean to both the avatar and Tenzin.

She could have grown up close with Tenzin since she is Toph's daughter, meaning that she probably was close to Aang and his family and could have honestly been in love with him, but then Pema comes along and "steals" Tenzin from her, leaving Lin sad and heartbroken. If this really happen it would explain why she is mean to the avatar korra because it was the previous avatar's son who broke up with her for another woman.

http://www.tv.com/shows/avatar-the-legend-of-korra/forums/official-book-one-air-discussion-thread-99312-3355290/?page=4

_Amibrosia

[4]May 8, 2012
    • level: 5
    Has been done already.

Kwando7

[5]May 9, 2012
    • level: 18

Mako, Bolin Tenzin or one of Tenzin's kids will have their bending taken, probably the later

Nerdnot

[6]May 9, 2012
    Kwando7 wrote:

Mako, Bolin Tenzin or one of Tenzin's kids will have their bending taken, probably the later

While I think it's evident that someone close will have their bending taken away, I really hope not!

Kwando7

[7]May 10, 2012

Nerdnot wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

While I think it's evident that someone close will have their bending taken away, I really hope not!

Ditto, but the creators said it's going to get darker soI'm just drawing straws either it's that or Tenzin/Mako/Bolin die

readapost

[8]May 10, 2012
    Kwando7 wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

Ditto, but the creators said it's going to get darker soI'm just drawing straws either it's that or Tenzin/Mako/Bolin die

I doubt for Tenzin maybe Mako or more then likely it could be Katara.

korovan

[9]May 27, 2012

readapost wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

Here's my theory/prediction: At the end of the Season (air), whatever else happens, there will be a big epic battle between Korra and Amon... which she will lose. Amon will take her bending away. That's right: Korra, the main character. Then will come Season 2 (Spirit?). Korra is despondent, convinced that all is lost. Then someone points out that she is STILL the Avatar... and there is more to the Avatar than just bending. The Avatar is the bridge between the mortal and spirit worlds... and she retains those abilities although (as established in S1E1) she has always neglected that side of things as it doesn't come naturally to her. The bulk of Season 2 will be Korra embarking on a series of quests/adventures in the spirit world to gather information about Amon and also perhaps to unlock her lost bending powers. When she is ready, she will take on Amon again, and (of course) triumph. Another prediction. To make clear the distinction/contrast between Aang and Korra.... Korra will end up killing Amon. Or, if the producers/writer wuss out, he will die in some Disneyesque fashion (e.g. falling to his death while attaching Korra).

AllieAllie

[10]May 27, 2012
    • level: 22

korovan wrote:

readapost wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

Here's my theory/prediction: At the end of the Season (air), whatever else happens, there will be a big epic battle between Korra and Amon... which she will lose. Amon will take her bending away. That's right: Korra, the main character. Then will come Season 2 (Spirit?). Korra is despondent, convinced that all is lost. Then someone points out that she is STILL the Avatar... and there is more to the Avatar than just bending. The Avatar is the bridge between the mortal and spirit worlds... and she retains those abilities although (as established in S1E1) she has always neglected that side of things as it doesn't come naturally to her. The bulk of Season 2 will be Korra embarking on a series of quests/adventures in the spirit world to gather information about Amon and also perhaps to unlock her lost bending powers. When she is ready, she will take on Amon again, and (of course) triumph. Another prediction. To make clear the distinction/contrast between Aang and Korra.... Korra will end up killing Amon. Or, if the producers/writer wuss out, he will die in some Disneyesque fashion (e.g. falling to his death while attaching Korra).

That's actually a really good theory. It would be an awesome twist plus a great way to develop some plot points like the no spirituality thing.

readapost

[11]May 27, 2012

korovan wrote:

readapost wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

Or Amon will send her to the spirit world. If his his story is true.

Edited on 05/27/2012 1:45pm

korovan

[12]May 27, 2012
    Ooh, good idea! I hadn't thought of that.

readapost

[13]May 27, 2012
    korovan wrote:
    Ooh, good idea! I hadn't thought of that.
    Kinda makes sense. I mean could one find a way out of the spirit world if one is not spiritual? Like locked in a room without a key.

UnovaChampion

[14]May 27, 2012
    • level: 19
    This season's Amon plot will be over by season's end, sorry to disappoint.

readapost

[15]May 27, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    This season's Amon plot will be over by season's end, sorry to disappoint.
    That a theory or can you prove it?

UnovaChampion

[16]May 27, 2012
    • level: 19
    Each season was said to have it's own theme, so each season is a set apart from the others. Unlike the first series which had a plot that spanned 3 seasons.

readapost

[17]May 27, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Each season was said to have it's own theme, so each season is a set apart from the others. Unlike the first series which had a plot that spanned 3 seasons.
    Ok so maybe that might mean Amon either A. Turns out to be something like Zuko. B. Dies or jailed. or C. After Korra returns from the spirit world or whatever, she finds out everything has changed.

Kwando7

[18]May 27, 2012

readapost wrote:
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Ok so maybe that might mean Amon either A. Turns out to be something like Zuko. B. Dies or jailed. or C. After Korra returns from the spirit world or whatever, she finds out everything has changed.

Actually the chance that Amon last for the next seasonis pretty slim since LoK was originally going to end after 12 episodes Nick had only bought more episode on a later date, So they probably had already resolved Amons plot in the first 12. Maybe after Amon is gone someone who just wants to kill benders will take his place or there will be a new villain altogether.

Shame really Amon may be one creepy ********* but he's one good villain

readapost

[19]May 27, 2012
    Kwando7 wrote:

readapost wrote:
    UnovaChampion wrote:

Actually the chance that Amon last for the next seasonis pretty slim since LoK was originally going to end after 12 episodes Nick had only bought more episode on a later date, So they probably had already resolved Amons plot in the first 12. Maybe after Amon is gone someone who just wants to kill benders will take his place or there will be a new villain altogether.

Hey like I said before it's all theory.

Kwando7

[20]May 27, 2012

readapost wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

readapost wrote:
    UnovaChampion wrote:

Hey like I said before it's all theory.

Don't take me wrong anything prologing Amon's rein would be great I just wanted to drop some knowledge incase anyone forgot it .