We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Out of the Past

readapost

[43]Jun 12, 2012
    • level: 14
    Hey I just found out those two guys who were talking about the tram being empty, It's Mike and Bryan.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shadowscott

[44]Jun 12, 2012
    • level: 23
    readapost wrote:
    Hey I just found out those two guys who were talking about the tram being empty, It's Mike and Bryan.

when did you see this?

Nerdnot

[45]Jun 12, 2012
    I clearly missed something.

readapost

[46]Jun 13, 2012
    shadowscott wrote:
    readapost wrote:

when did you see this?
    It's on one of the guys tumblers http://bill-rinaldi.tumblr.com/post/24909886378/im-amazed

RaizenYusuke

[47]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 28
    Kwando7 wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Families do not have to like each other. If Amon is Yakone than he may have taken Tarrolock's bending because he was disappointed in him. Or if he is a second son of Yakone he may just hate his brother. It is possible that Amon is not blood related to Yakon or Tarrlock and his one of their victims. Yakone could have terroized Amon's family with his blood bending, but the law could not pin anything on him until the day Toph arrested him he got away with it. Perhaps it was the event that pushed Amon to feel bender oppressed non-benders and since Aang did not get involved for a while, he may resent the Avatar or feel he failed. His story may not be all b.s. He may genuinally feel benders abuse their powers even if he himself is a bender. He may loath himself for being a bender. I am just shooting off ideas now.

True, as Amon often says he makes the benders one of them. Pretty sure if bloodbending was involved in his past he would have used that as an excuse insted of a firebender

Firebending lends to a reason for why he wears a mask though.

LordGrievous

[48]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 13

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Families do not have to like each other. If Amon is Yakone than he may have taken Tarrolock's bending because he was disappointed in him. Or if he is a second son of Yakone he may just hate his brother. It is possible that Amon is not blood related to Yakon or Tarrlock and his one of their victims. Yakone could have terroized Amon's family with his blood bending, but the law could not pin anything on him until the day Toph arrested him he got away with it. Perhaps it was the event that pushed Amon to feel bender oppressed non-benders and since Aang did not get involved for a while, he may resent the Avatar or feel he failed. His story may not be all b.s. He may genuinally feel benders abuse their powers even if he himself is a bender. He may loath himself for being a bender. I am just shooting off ideas now.

True, as Amon often says he makes the benders one of them. Pretty sure if bloodbending was involved in his past he would have used that as an excuse insted of a firebender

or to hide his identity.

Kwando7

[49]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 18

LordGrievous wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:

or to hide his identity.

he could lie and say a bloodbender somehow blew open his face........or that because of the bloodbender he was attacked by a firebender?

RaizenYusuke

[50]Jun 13, 2012
    Too complicated. Better to keep it simple and relatable.

readapost

[51]Jun 13, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Too complicated. Better to keep it simple and relatable.
    Ok new theory... Amon is a spirit who gave uphis immortal form, like the koi fish.

Edited on 06/13/2012 3:13pm
    Edited 2 total times.

1avatar38

[52]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 1
    Well, what if amon is yakone? that's pretty out there, but it fits, no matter how crazy. and he is now back to claim his city.

1avatar38

[53]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 1
    http://korranation.tumblr.com/

Kwando7

[54]Jun 13, 2012

1avatar38 wrote:
    Well, what if amon is yakone? that's pretty out there, but it fits, no matter how crazy. and he is now back to claim his city.

they counter theory is that he would be too old, although we don't know Yakones background if he was part of an mixed family with a waterbender and an earthbender he may have the potential to live longer like King Bumi or Kyoshi

Edited on 06/13/2012 7:06pm

Nerdnot

[55]Jun 13, 2012
    1avatar38 wrote:
    Probably a relative of Yakonne, like his son

RaizenYusuke

[57]Jun 13, 2012
    Age in the Avatar ain't nothing but a number. The old masters in A: TLA were moving like guys half their age. I can't imagine them in their prime. Didn't Sozin and Azulon live a long time like Bumi? I still do not want to say Amon is Yakone yet, but that is just me. We know Amon has to have some connection to Yakone otherwise Korra's visions would not have started when Amon touched her. I don't think Korra say everything Aang wanted her to see. Remember that scene where Aang looks pissed, Sokka and Toph are with him and he jumps into action? That scene was not in the vision Korra saw. I have a feeling that vision is where Amon part of the story comes in.

Kwando7

[58]Jun 14, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Age in the Avatar ain't nothing but a number. The old masters in A: TLA were moving like guys half their age. I can't imagine them in their prime. Didn't Sozin and Azulon live a long time like Bumi? I still do not want to say Amon is Yakone yet, but that is just me. We know Amon has to have some connection to Yakone otherwise Korra's visions would not have started when Amon touched her. I don't think Korra say everything Aang wanted her to see. Remember that scene where Aang looks pissed, Sokka and Toph are with him and he jumps into action? That scene was not in the vision Korra saw. I have a feeling that vision is where Amon part of the story comes in.

I forgot Sozin and Azulon. I always thought the visions started because Korra was knocked unconsious while in a fearful state of mind

RaizenYusuke

[59]Jun 14, 2012
    Aang is trying to warn her of something the same way Roku tried to tell Aang about the comet. The user who said Tarrolock was a misdirection I believe is correct. Korra assumes Aang is trying to warn her about Tarrlock alone when in reality the visions have always come to her when Amon or Tarrolock are involved. Aang is trying to telling Yakone incident is connected to Amon. Second son of Yakone seems like a safe bet, but hope the writers have something else in store for us.

Kwando7

[60]Jun 14, 2012

it was also duringthe time Korra was in Tarlokk's task force

RaizenYusuke

[61]Jun 14, 2012
    But after Amon knocked her out. I don't think these visions are solely to warn her about Tarrolock.

Kwando7

[62]Jun 15, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    But after Amon knocked her out. I don't think these visions are solely to warn her about Tarrolock.

Maybe it was regarding something Tarlokhas done alreadyand we have yet to see it?