We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Out of the Past

rickycal78

[22]Jun 10, 2012
    • level: 7

BillTheCat005 wrote:
    So, can Amon be Yakone? Here's a possible theory: Yakone escapes prison and wants his bending back. He goes back to the Northern Water Tribe and visits the spirit oasis, since he knows about its healing abilities. The oasis takes him to the spirit world where he finds Koh, who steals his face (hence the mask), but Koh teaches him spirit bending and gives him his mission to remove bending from the world because Koh is evil. Just a theory though...

The problem with that though is Yakone's age. It was quite obvious he wasn't that young when Aang took him down. Aang was 12 during the original series, and said he was 40 when he was talking to Toph in the vision, and this series is supposed to take place about 70 years after the original, meaning there was about another 40 years after the events of the flashback. Yakone would be pretty damned old and crotchety by then.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

edmasterchaos

[23]Jun 10, 2012
    • level: 41

At this point, after seeing Amon's terminator walk, i'm not gonna say no to any theory.

The only thing i know for sure is that he has blood. Or at least had it for a few moments.

Zetsuei_8823

[24]Jun 10, 2012
    • level: 24

Amon is OP. He needs a nerf. :L

readapost

[25]Jun 10, 2012
    • level: 14
    AshleeReign wrote:

That was an amazing episode!! I was afraid at first that I wouldn't be able to like the new characters, since they had big shoes to fill. But this episode really drew me into the series and it has so much potential.

I understand why the season was a half one since they are trying to judge the success of the show. But I say, bring on a full 22 episode season. This show deserves it!

Agreed ever so much! I just watched it and So many things to talk about. Aang Toph and Sokka talk in the flashbacks Aang really showed-off with his new and improved airscooter. Tarrlok needed to go down so hard. Lin was great in this episode really showing she cares for her men. Last but not least is Amon he was like, "Your bloodbending is puny." Yeah sorry I sound like such a fanboy.

MajLorne

[26]Jun 10, 2012
    • level: 21
    Finally some answers from the flashback. I am surprised everything came together as fast as it did: cheif bei fong finding her officers, finding out Tarlokk was responsible for Korra abduction, him using his blood bending on everyone like that, Amon finding the hideout and taking away Tarlokk's bending powers away, and finally Korra being found by the group. What an incredible 20+ min (not counting commercials). All that could've been strung out over maybe 2-4 episodes.

Wasn't the reason for the short season because the producers didn't want fillers?

AllieAllie

[27]Jun 10, 2012
    • level: 22

I wonder who voiced each of the older gaang members? They really sounded spot on.

Nerdnot

[28]Jun 10, 2012
    AllieAllie wrote:

I wonder who voiced each of the older gaang members? They really sounded spot on.

Really? I thought Aang's was off. Toph and Sokkas was great though

LordGrievous

[29]Jun 10, 2012
    • level: 13

BillTheCat005 wrote:
    So, can Amon be Yakone? Here's a possible theory: Yakone escapes prison and wants his bending back. He goes back to the Northern Water Tribe and visits the spirit oasis, since he knows about its healing abilities. The oasis takes him to the spirit world where he finds Koh, who steals his face (hence the mask), but Koh teaches him spirit bending and gives him his mission to remove bending from the world because Koh is evil. Just a theory though...

Amon still has his eyes.

When Koh takes a face there's no eyes left behind.

readapost

[30]Jun 10, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:

Really? I thought Sokka's was off. It sounded a bit high pitched.

Nerdnot

[31]Jun 10, 2012
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:

Only a little

Kwando7

[32]Jun 10, 2012
    • level: 18

Nerdnot wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:

Only a little

I agree I was expecting Sokka to be a bit deeper, Toph's voice was really soft and Aang sounded cool. Now we just need to see Zuko

readapost

[33]Jun 10, 2012
    Kwando7 wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:

Only a little

I agree I was expecting Sokka to be a bit deeper, Toph's voice was really soft and Aang sounded cool. Now we just need to see Zuko

Yeah I liked how they made Toph a little more girly without taking anything away.

Kwando7

[34]Jun 11, 2012

girly my foot, she's still the same in teasing one of the strongest benders in the world

elementavatar14

[35]Jun 11, 2012
    • level: 8

LOVED this episode! I thought it was maybe a little rushed and that they could have drawn it out more, but I'm not really complaining. I can't wait to see what they do next. This show continues to amaze and shock me. Bring on the new ones!

Nerdnot

[37]Jun 11, 2012
    BillTheCat005 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

BillTheCat005 wrote:

Amon still has his eyes.

Are we sure that's not just the mask?
    That is the stupidist thing I have ever heard.

Kwando7

[38]Jun 11, 2012

Nerdnot wrote:
    BillTheCat005 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

BillTheCat005 wrote:

Amon still has his eyes.

No this is dabadabadababebdasisiahaga

I was listening through half the theory then when you mentioned Yakone going to the spirit world I was like pffft sure a hardened criminal gets to go to the spirit world. If Yakone had left republic city to start a farm where he got pushed around by a firebender then I would be more convinced, even tho I still doubt Amon is Yakone

readapost

[39]Jun 11, 2012
    Kwando7 wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    BillTheCat005 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

BillTheCat005 wrote:

Amon still has his eyes.

I was listening through half the theory then when you mentioned Yakone going to the spirit world I was like pffft sure a hardened criminal gets to go to the spirit world. If Yakone had left republic city to start a farm where he got pushed around by a firebender then I would be more convinced, even tho I still doubt Amon is Yakone

Yeah, the only thing I don't get is if Amon is Yakone why would he take Tarrlok's bending?

Kwando7

[40]Jun 11, 2012

readapost wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    BillTheCat005 wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

BillTheCat005 wrote:

Amon still has his eyes.

Yeah, the only thing I don't get is if Amon is Yakone why would he take Tarrlok's bending?

That's the same thought I have when it's said Amon is Yakone's second son. I'm starting to think Amon is no-one we know

RaizenYusuke

[41]Jun 12, 2012
    • level: 28
    Families do not have to like each other. If Amon is Yakone than he may have taken Tarrolock's bending because he was disappointed in him. Or if he is a second son of Yakone he may just hate his brother. It is possible that Amon is not blood related to Yakon or Tarrlock and his one of their victims. Yakone could have terroized Amon's family with his blood bending, but the law could not pin anything on him until the day Toph arrested him he got away with it. Perhaps it was the event that pushed Amon to feel bender oppressed non-benders and since Aang did not get involved for a while, he may resent the Avatar or feel he failed. His story may not be all b.s. He may genuinally feel benders abuse their powers even if he himself is a bender. He may loath himself for being a bender. I am just shooting off ideas now.

Kwando7

[42]Jun 12, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Families do not have to like each other. If Amon is Yakone than he may have taken Tarrolock's bending because he was disappointed in him. Or if he is a second son of Yakone he may just hate his brother. It is possible that Amon is not blood related to Yakon or Tarrlock and his one of their victims. Yakone could have terroized Amon's family with his blood bending, but the law could not pin anything on him until the day Toph arrested him he got away with it. Perhaps it was the event that pushed Amon to feel bender oppressed non-benders and since Aang did not get involved for a while, he may resent the Avatar or feel he failed. His story may not be all b.s. He may genuinally feel benders abuse their powers even if he himself is a bender. He may loath himself for being a bender. I am just shooting off ideas now.

True, as Amon often says he makes the benders one of them. Pretty sure if bloodbending was involved in his past he would have used that as an excuse insted of a firebender